2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't gotten the visa offer, either. I did get POP for 12/11-12/18. We were super hoping for CBR, but there were no dates available. Oh well, we enjoy POP and just are thankful to get something! We saved about $300 from our previous total at ASMovies paying for DDP. We were also lukcy enough to be able to do all this online. I hope everyone else gets what they are wanting! Good luck!

So, Grand Floridian isn't available for my dates anymore on the website for the RO offer. Should I just wait the 2 hours the said I'd be on hold to see if it will be a different answer from an actual cast member?

Well after all is said and done, nothing changed for me. I was unable to modify my room when it first dropped, no matter what I tried, I could never get past the 'check out' page (even hitting that button several times) so I waited for the phones. I already have a great room at Pop and like the bus situation there (not renting a car) so I really didn't want the other values. And my whole plan for this trip is to go cheap so I really wasn't going to pay more for a mod resort and certainly not a deluxe. So I finally get through on the phone and nope, no FD at Pop for my dates, apparently Sept 29 - Oct 4 is a pretty busy week. I checked for the RO discount and nope, none for Pop in that time frame as well. Then I realized that I could get rid of the park hopper since most of my days are at one park, which would save me money and I bought them before the price hike so they are still cheap. So as it turns out, I have the room I want, at a cheaper price!!

Serendipity... :goodvibes

I was able to cancel my oct dates after I booked my sept dates but I have no magic bands??Hopefully that will work itself out in a day or two. i have made some Adrs and they link.
Pixie dust to all of those still trying!

So I was up until 2:30 and went to bed. I checked again at 3 and nothing, finally seeing the offer when I woke up again at 3:30. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me modify, FD wasn't available, so I went back to bed. My sister and I conference called in at 6:00 and got on at 6:02. We were on the phone with the agent for 45 minutes. My sister got downgraded to standard at Pop but got free dining. We attempted to do the same for me and was told there was no more availability. We asked about other values and were told no availability for values or moderates. I was distraught.

I went on about 15 minutes later, just to look, and made a FD reservation for All-Star Music. So now my sister and I have a reservation at POP and a reservation at ASM. I would prefer POP but we have both have FD at ASM so I need to figure out if I'm ok with that or if I want to try and see if I can get FD at POP in a couple of days. I'm keeping both for a couple of days.

I've been on hold for an hour and 39 minutes now. Called in around 7:15. Wanting free dining for AoA Sept 11-18. Does anyone know if they'll let you upgrade base tickets to park hoppers to get free dining?
My hubby called the other number referenced just now and he says it's a 90min+ wait.
So looks like we're in it for the long haul.

looking at the disney visa card holder part there is a family suite showing for your dates .......
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...es-rooms/resort-parks-stay-dine-visa-package/

and for non dv holder
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...-resort/rates-rooms/resort-stay-dine-package/

Dining reservations are only linked to your room on MDE----you can cancel your room and still have your dining reservations.
Dining reservations are only linked to your room on MDE----you can cancel your room and still have your dining reservations.

So book a separate room then cancel just the room of the original one?

I still haven't gotten the visa offer, either. I did get POP for 12/11-12/18. We were super hoping for CBR, but there were no dates available. Oh well, we enjoy POP and just are thankful to get something! We saved about $300 from our previous total at ASMovies paying for DDP. We were also lukcy enough to be able to do all this online. I hope everyone else gets what they are wanting! Good luck!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-parks-stay-dine-visa-package/
Use this link to search for Visa offer...I see your dates available at CBR (just searched now at 10:30am EST!)

Not sure if this has been asked yet... I was fortunate to change my reservation to free dining, didn't have to switch my room choice either :) However, the price did increase by $170! I don't mind paying an extra $170 to eat for 11 days, but does anyone think this is unusual? I thought my room price would stay the same.
And I was able to change my resse to free dining online and I printed a confirmation email from the website. I have not yet rec'd an email with my changes - should I be concerned about this? I figured I would call in a day or two once the free dining excitement calms down a little? what does anyone think?

How? I keep refreshing and it says nothing available. UGH!!! When I click the link it says this offer not available for these dates....

Not sure if this has been asked yet... I was fortunate to change my reservation to free dining, didn't have to switch my room choice either :) However, the price did increase by $170! I don't mind paying an extra $170 to eat for 11 days, but does anyone think this is unusual? I thought my room price would stay the same.
And I was able to change my resse to free dining online and I printed a confirmation email from the website. I have not yet rec'd an email with my changes - should I be concerned about this? I figured I would call in a day or two once the free dining excitement calms down a little? what does anyone think?
Did you have the park hopper originally?

Probably the difference in price to add ph or wp&m to your tickets.

Yes, I am looking on the regular website and show availability. My original booking is with a military discount so I don't think I can alter my reservation online....at least I didn't see anywhere to do that. Plus, I have regular tickets that need to be upgraded.
You can always book it online to lock in and then cancel your original for a refund right?

Can i just say...this was insane. It's the first time I'm planning my own disney trip and wow no wonder I had never heard of any friend/family getting these offers before!

First of all you need to follow this forum for info (thank you so much, people who gave us info!) and keep tracking threads for it. Then you need to set your schedule to being able to wake up at wee hours of the night and spend an hour on the phone.

These discounts are basically for the very knowledgeable disney fans, because by the time an ordinary fan gets the news...most offers are no longer available D:

5 hours later, still going back and forth with my TA. We were originally booked at POR, but wanted to add 2 extra days.

Now we are switching to All star Sport and upgrading the dining. Bless her heart, my poor TA has been working on packages since 3 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter