• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Free Dining PIN Code Thread

Has anyone received or been notified via My Disney Experience of a pin? Or is calling them and/or getting them via email the only way?

Yes, we got free dining & a room discount from AAA.pixiedust:
Wow, that's awesome because AAA here only does either the Disney promotion or AAA room discount, not both. If I'm not mistaken the AAA website also says only one promotion can be applied.

Same with our CAA office which is AAA but in Canada. I called today and asked for a quote and the agent said she couldn't apply both discounts.

I thought I'd start a thread on this one since some new info was just received.

There are some free dining PINs now circulating for dates between January 3 and March 5.

One person has already reported getting one (by accident), and I'm sure more will follow.

This is an interesting development in terms of free dining and how Disney is going about implementing it.

If someone receives a free dining PIN, could you please copy and paste the text here in a post? That would help us identify if there are different versions or if it is a single PIN.
I had been calling daily for a pin and finally gave up. Called to book the s/p/d and was told I had a pin for free dining. It took 6 days for me to receive the email with the pin Save up to 35%
on stays at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
For stays most nights 1/3–3/5/14, 3/14–3/22/14, 3/30–4/12/14, 4/21–5/31/14 and 8/17–9/27/14.
OR

Free Dining
when you purchase a non-discounted
4-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and Theme Park ticket package at select Moderate, Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa Resort hotels.
For arrivals most nights 1/3–3/5/14.
Ask about packages that include a Quick-Service Dining Plan at select Disney Value Resorts.

Yes, we got free dining & a room discount from AAA.pixiedust:

You wouldn't be able to have both. That would be two different system codes and it's not possible to do that. Free Dining requires a full priced room. Your AAA can still put it on, and has to if you book through them though. Regardless, FD is a great deal.

Your email should say pin in the package area (unless you upgraded dining).

According to our AAA TA and our paperwork we did get free dining and a promo AAA room discount. So I guess I'll just believe what she told me and the paperwork in my hands.:rolleyes1

According to our AAA TA and our paperwork we did get free dining and a promo AAA room discount. So I guess I'll just believe what she told me and the paperwork in my hands.:rolleyes1

Awww, no need to be snarky! We're all friends here :)

Sorry-just a bit irritated to be told by another poster that the discounts I received were not possible when, in fact, they are & we received them.:goodvibes

Just got off the phone with a CM, no pin for me dde1e but she did say that they haven't all gone out yet and also to keep an eye out in the mail because they are going out that way too. Here's hoping!

Been calling about every other day...no pin for me yet either :( So I'm hoping right along with you! Last time we got a pin was for fall free dining and we got it in snail mail. Maybe they will send some out like your CM said!

Been calling about every other day...no pin for me yet either :( So I'm hoping right along with you! Last time we got a pin was for fall free dining and we got it in snail mail. Maybe they will send some out like your CM said!

Hang in there, they certainly will be getting more out, the last FD I received was a mailer. Then I booked a trip, and still received email pins too. It will happen for you too :) I'm thinking right around the holiday season...

I am trying to plan our third trip in Oct 2014. Should I wait to call and see if a FD pin is attached to my name?! Soo if you get FD pin you are unable to have a discounted room rate? Or if free dining is offered to the public and you have a room pin, i should pick the better deal? :wave2: super confused here.

I called again today....Disney doesn't love me :sad2: but I'll keep trying. They may learn to show me love yet! :flower3:

I am trying to plan our third trip in Oct 2014. Should I wait to call and see if a FD pin is attached to my name?! Soo if you get FD pin you are unable to have a discounted room rate? Or if free dining is offered to the public and you have a room pin, i should pick the better deal? :wave2: super confused here.

Right now the public deals are in the spring.

Right now the Pin most are talking about is FD to 3/5 and the discounts for RO are only going to 9/27, so keep an eye on your email. Make sure you're signed up through the Disney site, maybe try to put in a room order but then don't actually do it. Then they may try and entice you with a Pin.

If both FD and RO is offered at the same time in some way or another, yes, you would have to pick the better deal for you. This may involve some math and may depend upon which resort you are going to.

Right now the public deals are in the spring.

Right now the Pin most are talking about is FD to 3/5 and the discounts for RO are only going to 9/27, so keep an eye on your email. Make sure you're signed up through the Disney site, maybe try to put in a room order but then don't actually do it. Then they may try and entice you with a Pin.

If both FD and RO is offered at the same time in some way or another, yes, you would have to pick the better deal for you. This may involve some math and may depend upon which resort you are going to.

Thanks!!!!:thumbsup2

Can someone tell me, if you are staying at a value resort and get the FD pin, do you just get the QS or Regular Dining plan? Not that I have a pin, but you know, wishful thinking and planning ahead, just in case.

Can someone tell me, if you are staying at a value resort and get the FD pin, do you just get the QS or Regular Dining plan? Not that I have a pin, but you know, wishful thinking and planning ahead, just in case.

Value resorts get QS. But I upgraded to the regular plan.

Was planning on booking the S/P/D for Feb dates. Was cleaning out my wifes email and saw in her spam an email from Disney Destinations. It was for free dining! So glad i looked. We are staying at ASMu and got the QS dining. You can upgrade for $15 for adult and $5 for a child per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter