(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and I were all booked at the Poly for September and with all the construction I contacted my travel agent and asked to change to GF, she said sure that shouldn't be a problem and she would change our reservations that night. Next day I get an email that some of our days aren't available at GF, sadness, I was getting so excited about the GF (though we have loved the Poly in the past, just wanted to not be seeing construction all week), and now I'm bummed that everything seems to be sold out for our dates/discount (or any discount really). I even tried calling Disney to see if I could book anything, but if I won't pay rack rate (which I will not do) there seems to be no avilablity for September.

So even though earlier in this thread I thought for sure we'd be staying at the GF, now I'm not sure where we will be staying (though we currently have our Poly room still booked, if construction gets to bad we will cancel the whole trip closer to the date).

Planning disney trips have gotten so complicated lately, I think I just generally waited to long to book.

I'm on my phone so multi-quotes don't work very well on this little screen so these comments are my thoughts on the last few posts...

First, thanks everyone for the thoughts and ideas! And 'listening' to my tales of woe LOL!

Second, I understand Disney owes me nothing. As a business they don't care about my expectations for a discount when booking 6 months out. But, with that said, I don't owe Disney anything either. So using past experience to plan 6 months out does give me an expectation that I won't be paying rack rate, and now that I know I will have to, then I have to decide what works best for us since my assumptions were wrong. I think Disney is really, really testing the market this year. They are really cutting back on discounts to see how many people they can get to accept paying rack rates at Disney resorts, while also increasing ticket prices AND making it difficult for people to modify their reservations to keep their discounts. To me, that is a lot to throw at consumers all within the same year....ouch! Again, it may be smart of them if consumers accept these changes.

Third, I'm giving a lot of thought to our November plans. I may try to change them around to see if other offers are available for other weeks we are willing to travel and/or see if something opens up in the next month but switch to SL in the meantime. Or, I am seriously considering cancelling for now and going with my parents in 2016, now that my expectations are set that discounts will be fewer and with more limitations.

Lastly, what makes today's discounts even harder to swallow is the UOC offer for the Fall at 30%. And I've seen posts that people who were already booked and had a discount (FD or bounce back) getting the UOC sent to them. Yet, I get nothing for a room that at rack rate is almost $1,000 a night, not including any perks other than some snacks and drinks throughout the day and it's not even a suite or villa? I was having a hard time justifying paying that with a 30% discount but, again, this is a splurge vacation for us for a few reasons. And, not to sound snotty, but even with being able to afford that cost it's not justifiable for us....every family is different so for many people they will say it's worth the cost. So I totally understand that's a subjective statement and applies to our assessment of the value. No judgments on anyone else. We don't have kids and could go to Paris for the cost of this trip.

So with all that said, I'm going to give it a couple days and decide. I'm also super worried that since discounts are so low that crowds are expected to be crazy and we specifically wanted to travel the week before Thanksgiving for lower crowds and I'm seconding guessing that now as well.

Thanks again everyone for listening!!

I'm so sorry for the stress you are undergoing. Maybe we are naive, but I know a lot of us on this board know when discounts come out, and plan trips around them....yes, there is no reason for Disney to have to give them to us, but that being said, Disney clearly knows what we spend on every aspect of our trips, most of us go multiple times a year.....and they don't care.

Regarding the discounts, while I truly love Disney, I have a hard time analyzing this -- I just booked a two week stay at a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo on Kaanapali Beach in Maui, including roundtrip airfare for 6 people, and it is going to cost the same amount it would cost for a 1 week at the Poly. So, we are flying 5 times the mileage and staying at a 4 star rated resort that really is Hawaii and not the Disney version there of....for half the price.

Last question, what is the UOC discount?

Tom

I'm so sorry for the stress you are undergoing. Maybe we are naive, but I know a lot of us on this board know when discounts come out, and plan trips around them....yes, there is no reason for Disney to have to give them to us, but that being said, Disney clearly knows what we spend on every aspect of our trips, most of us go multiple times a year.....and they don't care.

Regarding the discounts, while I truly love Disney, I have a hard time analyzing this -- I just booked a two week stay at a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo on Kaanapali Beach in Maui, including roundtrip airfare for 6 people, and it is going to cost the same amount it would cost for a 1 week at the Poly. So, we are flying 5 times the mileage and staying at a 4 star rated resort that really is Hawaii and not the Disney version there of....for half the price.

Tom

Thanks Tom! That's perfect timing about your comparison to a trip to HI as I was thinking tonight I'd check out prices for HI for November instead of WDW! Your 2 week trip to Maui sounds awesome!!

I agree about the discounts and planning. And it's not just that many of us plan on the discount but that Disney almost twists our arms to plan months out - 6 months for ADRs, 2 months for FP, and then everyone wants a room before the good ones are gone. When you plan that far out, most people go ahead and get their flights and get all excited with all the planning and then BAM - no discounts or decreased discounts. Well, by then most people are so excited and planned ADRs around where they are staying that they bet people will keep their resort. And if not, demand is high and someone will book if they cancel. Again, I know I am being repetitive, but I really believe this is the year Disney is testing the market to see what they can get away with - changes to FD to require PHs or Water Parks, limited availability for all the offers, giving people little option for modifying plans to keep their discount...that's a lot for one year.

I only add the caveat that 'I know Disney is a business and I shouldn't expect anything...' because there is always someone who points out that they are a business and if they can get those prices they will. So...I just want to preface that understand that principal but they have to know many repeat customers expect the discounts given history and the continual price increases. It's not like they are weaning discounts and keeping prices steady! Park tickets are over $100 and resort fees are higher than luxury resorts I've stayed at in NY and the Caribbean in recent months.

UOC - Unique Offer Codes...what they used to call PIN codes.

Thanks Tom! That's perfect timing about your comparison to a trip to HI as I was thinking tonight I'd check out prices for HI for November instead of WDW! Your 2 week trip to Maui sounds awesome!!

I agree about the discounts and planning. And it's not just that many of us plan on the discount but that Disney almost twists our arms to plan months out - 6 months for ADRs, 2 months for FP, and then everyone wants a room before the good ones are gone. When you plan that far out, most people go ahead and get their flights and get all excited with all the planning and then BAM - no discounts or decreased discounts. Well, by then most people are so excited and planned ADRs around where they are staying that they bet people will keep their resort. And if not, demand is high and someone will book if they cancel. Again, I know I am being repetitive, but I really believe this is the year Disney is testing the market to see what they can get away with - changes to FD to require PHs or Water Parks, limited availability for all the offers, giving people little option for modifying plans to keep their discount...that's a lot for one year.

I only add the caveat that 'I know Disney is a business and I shouldn't expect anything...' because there is always someone who points out that they are a business and if they can get those prices they will. So...I just want to preface that understand that principal but they have to know many repeat customers expect the discounts given history and the continual price increases. It's not like they are weaning discounts and keeping prices steady! Park tickets are over $100 and resort fees are higher than luxury resorts I've stayed at in NY and the Caribbean in recent months.

UOC - Unique Offer Codes...what they used to call PIN codes.

This whole post exactly!!!! It irritates me to no end that we have to book ADRs so far in advance before discounts are released. Doesn't Disneyland do 30 or 60 days? If I'd waited until now to book dining for our late October trip, I wouldn't have gotten any of the dining we booked back in April. I miss the good old days where you could just show up and eat almost anywhere.

You can go a lot of neat places for the same price or less as Disney.

The other thing that has always bugged me about Disney is no loyalty program. If I'd gone to the Four Seasons Maui as many times as we've stayed deluxe at Disney in the past 8 years, I'd have an upgrade to an oceanfront suite!

Sorry for the complaining. I just feel bad for everyone who didn't get helped by the discounts today

I was happily surprised to find I was able to get the discount for the 2 nights I'd already had booked at GF Outer Building, Garden View. I was expecting it wouldn't be available and had a plan B idea (book with orbitz and cancel with Disney.)

It's nice I didn't have to implement it. The dates I'll be there are Dec. 2nd and 3rd in case anyone else is trying to get discounts for just those dates.

This whole post exactly!!!! It irritates me to no end that we have to book ADRs so far in advance before discounts are released. Doesn't Disneyland do 30 or 60 days? If I'd waited until now to book dining for our late October trip, I wouldn't have gotten any of the dining we booked back in April. I miss the good old days where you could just show up and eat almost anywhere.

The other thing that has always bugged me about Disney is no loyalty program. If I'd gone to the Four Seasons Maui as many times as we've stayed deluxe at Disney in the past 8 years, I'd have an upgrade to an oceanfront suite!

Sorry for the complaining. I just feel bad for everyone who didn't get helped by the discounts today

Haha - complain away (with me cheering you on LOL)!!

That's also a very good point about the loyalty program!! I didn't think about that but yes, if I'd have spent as much at a Marriott or Sandals, I'd have a lot of points to apply to another stay!

And...one more point about planning so far in advance. Like I mentioned in my previous post on this topic, I mentioned everyone also books early to get a good room at the resort they want because they all seem to book up so quickly these days. Not to be a conspiracy theorist here, but I look at GF availability every week just out of curiosity and about a month ago it was showing no availability for any rooms. Now today there are three room categories available?? Is Disney holding back room reservations so it looks like there's less availability so people hurry and book to secure their spot? It would be another "push" by Disney to get people to book early. And again, once people book that early they start planning their flights and ADRs around their resort and get excited about staying onsite that I think people will just keep their reservation at that point. I'll get off my soapbox! That's my last comment for the day - everyone's heard enough of my rantings :faint:

Im also upset with Dusney and these discounts. I booked GF deluxe king in the main building for my 50th birthday. I booked it back in March. We visit Disney every year and stay at the Boardwalk villas. I bought the annual pass with the hopes of getting the AP discount for the first weekend in December. We are staying at the Biardwalk for 6 nights then moving to the GF for 3 nights. I called at 8:45 this morning while at work. I was told the wait time would be 30 minutes but I waited over an hour on my cell phone. Once I got through I was told that there was nothing available at the hotel, not one room with the discount. I agree with all the above posts. I may cancel and stay at the Four Seasons. I was so excited to celebrate my 50th in the club level. I know i shouldn't count on the discount but it upsets me that they announce it and I stay on hold first thing in the morning to be told that nothing is available.

Im also upset with Dusney and these discounts. I booked GF deluxe king in the main building for my 50th birthday. I booked it back in March. We visit Disney every year and stay at the Boardwalk villas. I bought the annual pass with the hopes of getting the AP discount for the first weekend in December. We are staying at the Biardwalk for 6 nights then moving to the GF for 3 nights. I called at 8:45 this morning while at work. I was told the wait time would be 30 minutes but I waited over an hour on my cell phone. Once I got through I was told that there was nothing available at the hotel, not one room with the discount. I agree with all the above posts. I may cancel and stay at the Four Seasons. I was so excited to celebrate my 50th in the club level. I know i shouldn't count on the discount but it upsets me that they announce it and I stay on hold first thing in the morning to be told that nothing is available.

I'm sorry to hear this! This bums me out more for you than for me!! 50 is a big birthday to celebrate so it stinks that you can't celebrate where you want :mad:

I was just pricing out the Waldorf Astoria on Disney property (thanks TinkerBellLiz) and they have a 1,700+ square foot corner suite, with a Disney view and a balcony and personal concierge for less than $550. They have a 945 sq feet deluxe king with balcony and Disney view for $394 with the personal concierge and $100 credit for every two days on property for $394. Of course they charge a resort fee ($30 a day) and parking fee ($26 a day) so the price can creep up quickly, or cancel out the $100 resort credit for every two days.

I'm on my phone so multi-quotes don't work very well on this little screen so these comments are my thoughts on the last few posts...

First, thanks everyone for the thoughts and ideas! And 'listening' to my tales of woe LOL!

Second, I understand Disney owes me nothing. As a business they don't care about my expectations for a discount when booking 6 months out. But, with that said, I don't owe Disney anything either. So using past experience to plan 6 months out does give me an expectation that I won't be paying rack rate, and now that I know I will have to, then I have to decide what works best for us since my assumptions were wrong. I think Disney is really, really testing the market this year. They are really cutting back on discounts to see how many people they can get to accept paying rack rates at Disney resorts, while also increasing ticket prices AND making it difficult for people to modify their reservations to keep their discounts. To me, that is a lot to throw at consumers all within the same year....ouch! Again, it may be smart of them if consumers accept these changes.

Third, I'm giving a lot of thought to our November plans. I may try to change them around to see if other offers are available for other weeks we are willing to travel and/or see if something opens up in the next month but switch to SL in the meantime. Or, I am seriously considering cancelling for now and going with my parents in 2016, now that my expectations are set that discounts will be fewer and with more limitations.

Lastly, what makes today's discounts even harder to swallow is the UOC offer for the Fall at 30%. And I've seen posts that people who were already booked and had a discount (FD or bounce back) getting the UOC sent to them. Yet, I get nothing for a room that at rack rate is almost $1,000 a night, not including any perks other than some snacks and drinks throughout the day and it's not even a suite or villa? I was having a hard time justifying paying that with a 30% discount but, again, this is a splurge vacation for us for a few reasons. And, not to sound snotty, but even with being able to afford that cost it's not justifiable for us....every family is different so for many people they will say it's worth the cost. So I totally understand that's a subjective statement and applies to our assessment of the value. No judgments on anyone else. We don't have kids and could go to Paris for the cost of this trip.

So with all that said, I'm going to give it a couple days and decide. I'm also super worried that since discounts are so low that crowds are expected to be crazy and we specifically wanted to travel the week before Thanksgiving for lower crowds and I'm seconding guessing that now as well.

Thanks again everyone for listening!!
Honestly, it seems like Disney is always crowded. Every time we think we are going at a slow time, it ends up being crowded! This is probably a part of the reason Disney can get away with charging so much and offering fewer discounts... Demand has gone up. Plus, the people who don't go often like all of us do don't realize how much prices have gone up, so maybe they just assume that's what it is supposed to cost. As for the UOC ( is that what they call the email offer codes now?), we haven't received any of those for many years, and I don't know how they decide who gets them. I would say they don't give them to "regulars" but like you said, other people have used those to replace a free dining reservation, so who knows?? Bottom line is, like you said, you don't owe Disney anything so just try to get the most bang for your buck. Just a thought...I wonder if a discount is available for any of your trip days?? If so, maybe you could do a split stay? I wouldn't be opposed to 2-3 nights at RPC and a few more at an Epcot resort. Or maybe you already asked about that. I really hope something works out for you:)

As for the UOC ( is that what they call the email offer codes now?), we haven't received any of those for many years, and I don't know how they decide who gets them. I would say they don't give them to "regulars" but like you said, other people have used those to replace a free dining reservation, so who knows??

I use to get those, but haven't received one in years. It's definitely helped us to cut down on the number of Disney visits. Oddly enough, for years my Mom would get them in the mail... she came with us, but was never the "lead" name on any reservation. And rarely, my DH would get them. Now none of us get them. I have no idea what's up with that, but it definitely leads me to feel like I'm not a valued customer. We have Hyatt points and other deals through other hotels we visit... I wish that Disney would find a way to "fairly" reward their customers. I rarely do the BB deals, since we have alternated between DL, DCL, WDW and a few other lovely destinations.

I use to get those, but haven't received one in years. It's definitely helped us to cut down on the number of Disney visits. Oddly enough, for years my Mom would get them in the mail... she came with us, but was never the "lead" name on any reservation. And rarely, my DH would get them. Now none of us get them. I have no idea what's up with that, but it definitely leads me to feel like I'm not a valued customer. We have Hyatt points and other deals through other hotels we visit... I wish that Disney would find a way to "fairly" reward their customers. I rarely do the BB deals, since we have alternated between DL, DCL, WDW and a few other lovely destinations.

Agree!!! :thumbsup2

Honestly, it seems like Disney is always crowded. Every time we think we are going at a slow time, it ends up being crowded! This is probably a part of the reason Disney can get away with charging so much and offering fewer discounts... Demand has gone up. Plus, the people who don't go often like all of us do don't realize how much prices have gone up, so maybe they just assume that's what it is supposed to cost. As for the UOC ( is that what they call the email offer codes now?), we haven't received any of those for many years, and I don't know how they decide who gets them. I would say they don't give them to "regulars" but like you said, other people have used those to replace a free dining reservation, so who knows?? Bottom line is, like you said, you don't owe Disney anything so just try to get the most bang for your buck. Just a thought...I wonder if a discount is available for any of your trip days?? If so, maybe you could do a split stay? I wouldn't be opposed to 2-3 nights at RPC and a few more at an Epcot resort. Or maybe you already asked about that. I really hope something works out for you:)

Thanks Dispro! I agree about the crowds...and a good sign to your point about justifying increasing prices and decreasing discounts for Disney!

I can get a discount at GF SL. And I know it will be amazing but I just feel like I'll be so disappointed wishing I got my discount for RPC since that's where my heart was set. But I'll either go with that discount or maybe switch to the Waldorf. Maybe if I switch and keep my ADRs and tickets it will incentivize Disney to send me a UOC finally!! If not, we'll save money and have a much bigger room.

I looked at WL and Poly and no options came up. I also looked at CR and they did have a CL room but it was a lower discount so it ended up being more than GF SL. I would have moved over to the CR if the room was cheaper. We stayed AKL last trip but I guess I could see what the Epcot side has to offer. Before I finally booked GF I was torn between YC and GF but there was zero availability for YC. I liked the theme of BC but it felt like a younger crowd for my DH and me. I'm about to go play around on the website just to see what's out there right now.

I'm not sure when the switch to the term "UOC" occurred but that's what I learned on the budget thread. I can only guess that PIN code doesn't give enough heads-up to people that it cannot be transferred, whereas "Unique Offer" implies it's not for everyone...only those "unique" enough :rotfl:

A loyalty program would be awesome! My husband travels a lot and stays at Marriotts. Because he is "gold" status, he gets free CL when it's available, and if it's not, he gets free breakfast coupons to use at the restaurant for himself and another guest (me)! He is also supposed to always get a free upgrade if it's available. I think Disney could learn a few things from other hotel loyalty programs. "Regulars" at Disney (no matter what Disney property that may be) don't get anything!

A loyalty program would be awesome! My husband travels a lot and stays at Marriotts. Because he is "gold" status, he gets free CL when it's available, and if it's not, he gets free breakfast coupons to use at the restaurant for himself and another guest (me)! He is also supposed to always get a free upgrade if it's available. I think Disney could learn a few things from other hotel loyalty programs. "Regulars" at Disney (no matter what Disney property that may be) don't get anything!

Marriott definitely has a good loyalty program!!!

I was in your exact situation for our October trip last year. I called to have the discount applied and there was no availability...not even in SL. After talking to DH we had decided to move off-site and I called back to cancel and find out how long refunds take (I had prepaid what I thought we would pay with a discount.) CM was very quick to point out I didn't need a refund if I switched hotels but when I said I was moving off site, I was immediately transferred over to Guest Services. Miracle on miracle a discounted RPC room was available with my discount. I would mention you're thinking of cancelling outright for sure!

I also wanted to mention going through all that took some of the "magic" out of that trip for me. I think I never really liked the room we were given because of it! Planning a Disney trip shouldn't be stressful!

Liz (heading back to the BWI boards where I should be!)

It's interesting how a discounted room became available once you mentioned cancelling and moving offsite :rolleyes1.

I can see how all of that made the trip feel less magical. Planning a Disney trip is half the fun for me, but it is frustrating when things like this happen that take away from the "magic" :(.

I would not hold your breath on that:( The AP discounts lately have been the exact same as the public discounts, another cutback by WDW. They are squeezing us out:( Smaller discounts, less room categories discounted, less EMH and on and on and on... Next thing you know they will install a fare-box on the buses, Monorail and boats.

I agree. Disney is not only cutting back on discounts, but also cutting back on perks...all while raising prices, giving guests less for more money :sad2:.

My family and I were all booked at the Poly for September and with all the construction I contacted my travel agent and asked to change to GF, she said sure that shouldn't be a problem and she would change our reservations that night. Next day I get an email that some of our days aren't available at GF, sadness, I was getting so excited about the GF (though we have loved the Poly in the past, just wanted to not be seeing construction all week), and now I'm bummed that everything seems to be sold out for our dates/discount (or any discount really). I even tried calling Disney to see if I could book anything, but if I won't pay rack rate (which I will not do) there seems to be no avilablity for September.

So even though earlier in this thread I thought for sure we'd be staying at the GF, now I'm not sure where we will be staying (though we currently have our Poly room still booked, if construction gets to bad we will cancel the whole trip closer to the date).

Planning disney trips have gotten so complicated lately, I think I just generally waited to long to book.

I'm sorry it wasn't an easy switch to the GF. I do agree that planning Disney trips has gotten more complicated with a lot of the "magic" taken away, being replaced with more hassle and headache :headache:. I hope things work out and you don't have to cancel.

I couldn't agree more :thumbsup2.

It irritates me to no end that we have to book ADRs so far in advance before discounts are released. Doesn't Disneyland do 30 or 60 days? If I'd waited until now to book dining for our late October trip, I wouldn't have gotten any of the dining we booked back in April. I miss the good old days where you could just show up and eat almost anywhere.

:thumbsup2

I was happily surprised to find I was able to get the discount for the 2 nights I'd already had booked at GF Outer Building, Garden View. I was expecting it wouldn't be available and had a plan B idea (book with orbitz and cancel with Disney.)

It's nice I didn't have to implement it. The dates I'll be there are Dec. 2nd and 3rd in case anyone else is trying to get discounts for just those dates.

Congrats on getting the discount :goodvibes.

That's also a very good point about the loyalty program!! I didn't think about that but yes, if I'd have spent as much at a Marriott or Sandals, I'd have a lot of points to apply to another stay!

Yes, many hotels/resorts reward their repeat guests with free nights, etc. It would be nice if Disney recognized repeat/loyal guests.

And...one more point about planning so far in advance. Like I mentioned in my previous post on this topic, I mentioned everyone also books early to get a good room at the resort they want because they all seem to book up so quickly these days. Not to be a conspiracy theorist here, but I look at GF availability every week just out of curiosity and about a month ago it was showing no availability for any rooms. Now today there are three room categories available?? Is Disney holding back room reservations so it looks like there's less availability so people hurry and book to secure their spot? It would be another "push" by Disney to get people to book early. And again, once people book that early they start planning their flights and ADRs around their resort and get excited about staying onsite that I think people will just keep their reservation at that point. I'll get off my soapbox! That's my last comment for the day - everyone's heard enough of my rantings :faint:

Rant away.....we all understand :).

I'm sorry you had to wait on hold for so long and weren't able to get the discount :(.

I was just pricing out the Waldorf Astoria on Disney property (thanks TinkerBellLiz) and they have a 1,700+ square foot corner suite, with a Disney view and a balcony and personal concierge for less than $550. They have a 945 sq feet deluxe king with balcony and Disney view for $394 with the personal concierge and $100 credit for every two days on property for $394. Of course they charge a resort fee ($30 a day) and parking fee ($26 a day) so the price can creep up quickly, or cancel out the $100 resort credit for every two days.

Wow, what great prices for those rooms! I've never considered the Waldorf, but it might be worth looking into! ::yes::

Honestly, it seems like Disney is always crowded. Every time we think we are going at a slow time, it ends up being crowded!

I agree, I don't think there is such a thing as a slow time at Disney anymore :sad2:.

I wish that Disney would find a way to "fairly" reward their customers.

Me too!

Tom
Wow, maybe I need to check out Hawaii! We haven't been because it takes a really long time to get there, and flying hurts DD11's ears....but for a deal, I might be able to convince her! My neighbors went for two weeks and it cost 19k, so I haven't ever really priced it. We LOVED Turks and Caicos, but the flight is only 2hrs 55 mins from Atlanta. BTW, that heat you were talking about in AR is what I've had to deal with for the last two weeks...I live in west TN.

Wow, maybe I need to check out Hawaii! We haven't been because it takes a really long time to get there, and flying hurts DD11's ears....but for a deal, I might be able to convince her! My neighbors went for two weeks and it cost 19k, so I haven't ever really priced it. We LOVED Turks and Caicos, but the flight is only 2hrs 55 mins from Atlanta. BTW, that heat you were talking about in AR is what I've had to deal with for the last two weeks...I live in west TN.

For real I need to check where people get these kinds of deals out too, I've wanted to go to Hawaii forever but flights absolutely kill it for me. I've priced it and cannot find anything reasonably priced, flights, resort room and food puts us easily a couple thousand over what we pay at disney. If we could go to Hawaii for the same price as Disney World it'd be no contest we'd pick Hawaii in a heartbeat!

I am NOT admonishing anyone so please don't take it that way, but with the new reservation rules(not being able to change your reservation unless that same room is still available)..... If we book rooms ahead of time they will be tied up and not included in the discounts because once they reach a certain occupancy they do not offer any more rooms for discounts.

This will be more noticeable in room categories that have few rooms like king deluxe or even main building standard, outer building deluxe. Even when people cancel, occupancy may be so high that Disney will not return those rooms to the discount pool.

That said, the rates are really astronomical now. We have children that will be going to university soon, and at a certain point as DH points out , when we can stay at The Four Seasons for SUBSTANTIALLY less and get a VIP guide with the difference it is an easy choice.

Our trip to Tokyo, staying at the luxury Conrad (in a suite booked with a 50% suite discount) and Tokyo Disney resorts will be less than our recent RPC trip with AP discount.

Have you tried earplanes? They fit in your ears to regulate pressure and really work for our family when joined with Afrin/and or a tablet decongestant(obviously check with your doctor before giving to your child). Earplanes are sold in child and adult sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter