2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ya neighbor! We need to have a Northern VA meet some time!

I know several of these are underway now and others very soon! All pretty spread out though with only 2, 3 or 4 there at any one time, making it a bit harder to plan meet ups. Do look for each other though!

PNO4TE BC 10/1-10/10
ShelleyLynn BCV 10/1-10/10
I Believe BC CL 10/2-10/9
Nannette YC 10/7-10/11
MickManiac 10/10-10/15
Wenny 10/10-10/15
Misled BC 10/11-10/17
Turtle31 10/11-10/23
TyRy BC 10/14-10/17
Aurora Belle 10/14-10/19
Lucyem BC CL 10/16-10/21
U2 Rocks BC 10/16-10/23
Eeyore70 10/17-10/23
Mnfamilycruiser BC 10/22-10/30
PaDisneyCouple BC 10/23-10/30
Sunnygal041 10/24-10/25
Jlhay BC 10/27-11/2

Hi! I have been away for a spell but I'm having so much fun catching up and reading all of the posts..I just got chills reading trebor218's upgrade, that is awesome! I know how it feels to get something so "magically" unexpected and a fantastic vacation to boot...congrats!

I have been knee-deep in college applications with my daughter this week, and just when I was wondering how I'm going to pay for it all, and how I'll never get back to the Beach Club, lo and behold.....an email arrived with a pin code for 40% off for next summer/fall....:wizard:......and my husband is determined for us to take a nice trip when our youngest is all packed up and off to school next September. Hooray....let the planning begin!

Hi! I'm looking to stay at the Beach Club or Yacht Club in February. My husband gets two weeks leave from Iraq and I want to plan a special trip for us (first trip to Disney)!

I'm looking for something a little quieter, and the proximity to Epcot and Studios is perfect for us. I'm afraid he'll be really cold and it'll be nice to be able to walk back to the resort and let him warm up.

Is there any difference between the Beach Club and Yacht Club? They look so similar to me. Can anyone suggest which would be better for us? I would love any advice you have!

Hello All,
I have been looking through the threads and gaining some info. We are heading out on our first on site trip in December. We are a family of 6 with a 9,7,2 year old a 10 month old at time of visit.

Can anyone give me some advice about our stay? We are staying at the Beach Club. It was not our first choice but the only room available for 40% rate. Should we try to upgrade to Club level? Would it be worth it for our family? We are flying and won't have a car. Is getting around using only Disney transportation doable? We do have some ADR's booked already, and also tickets for Very Merry Christmas. We do plan on doing the in room babysitting for the younger two and the kids club for the older ones for our Ohana night.

Will it be warm enough to swim Dec 7-13th? Should we preorder groceries for the room? I think I am overwhelmed by the choices. We will be in the midst of a move when we come, so I need to plan now.

Thanks in advance for any info and help..

Hi! I'm looking to stay at the Beach Club or Yacht Club in February. My husband gets two weeks leave from Iraq and I want to plan a special trip for us (first trip to Disney)!

First, thanks to you and your husband for both of your service and commitment to our country.

Second, just IMHO, I think YC or YC CL would be what you two are looking for. Quiet, yet close enough to everything Epcot and Boardwalk. We call YC the "dark side" because of it's rich wood interiors. YC is a "convention" hotel and gets more of the adults visiting rather than the families. The BC is a bit brighter, more bustling with families and just a little busier with Market Place and the restaurants right there off the lobby. BC saves you two minutes walking time to Epcot's IG while YC is closer to the boat dock taking you to DHS. Either way, you really can't go wrong. Have fun planning and even more fun in February.

We are heading out on our first on site trip in December. We are a family of 6 with a 9,7,2 year old a 10 month old at time of visit. Should we try to upgrade to Club level? Is getting around using only Disney transportation doable? Will it be warm enough to swim Dec 7-13th? Should we preorder groceries for the room?

Lots of questions, you are at the right place, lots of experts (not me though) who've been there, done this, and can really help you. (I'm guessing your first choice was a monorail resort like the Poly?)

(1) An upgrade to CL might be nice if you are planning on using the hotel a lot for naps and rest with your younger ones. Gives you a chance to snack and relax with others in the lounge and not in your room. However, with all your planning done so far, you'll have to determine if you really would be using it that much to justify the cost to upgrade.
(2) Getting around using Disney transportation isn't as bad as some would suggest. Yes, it is doable but with strollers, and small ones, expect some frustrating moments. Just go with the flow and leave yourself some extra travel time to get to your destination.
(3) Weather in December is "iffy" at best. You must pack for warm and cold weather. Check the 10 day forecast before you leave on weather.com but be prepared (that's the old Boy Scout in me). One year we were wearing t-shirts and shorts during the day, another year we were in coats, hats and gloves.
(4) If you don't do CL, and you want some breakfast items, snacks, milk, etc. for the room, you can get them at the MarketPlace in the BC. It may save you money to buy from the Garden Grocery (delivers to the hotel), but it really depends on how much you need for the seven night stay.

Have fun planning

I'm looking for something a little quieter, and the proximity to Epcot and Studios is perfect for us. I'm afraid he'll be really cold and it'll be nice to be able to walk back to the resort and let him warm up.

Is there any difference between the Beach Club and Yacht Club? They look so similar to me. Can anyone suggest which would be better for us? I would love any advice you have!

Did you try Shades of Green. I think they have specials for R&R. I have not stayed there, always full, but I have heard good things about it.

Hello All,
I have been looking through the threads and gaining some info. We are heading out on our first on site trip in December. We are a family of 6 with a 9,7,2 year old a 10 month old at time

I'm sure you will have a great trip! I personally would rent a mini van if I had to bring along a double stroller and have that many young children. This is why, sometimes the wait for the bus is LONG with no benches to sit the little tired ones. Then to get on the bus and find a seat is sometimes a major headache. To me it is worth spending the extra money on a car rental and not doing CL just getting some things sent over by GG or even sending a box ahead of you shipped directly to the hotel.Happy planning your going to love it!

The Ipod docking statioin also has a cable plug in for other MP3 players...I use it with my Phillips GoGear all the time :)

scottishmum,

Looks we will be crossing paths at the BC this weekend-we check in on Saturday morning for a two night club level stay to celebrate my birthday and then move to VWL for the rest of the week for a DVC stay. Have a safe trip (OMG...20 hours :scared1:) and maybe we will cross paths when visiting with Teena in the lobby on Sunday or Monday :)

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. We stayed at the BC for the first time in August and loved it. Our previous trip was to WL which is a beautiful resort too! Have a GREAT time!

Getting ready to book our summer trip! It looks like we'll be at BC July 16-August 1. Then we're going to Hilton Head for four nights to relax.

We're driving this year - so no airline drama.

How sick is it that just booking the reservation can get me so excited? It's cold, damp and dreary here in NJ. I am soooo missing the hot July/August days in SAB!

I'd love to get a 40% pin but no luck so far. Hope we get a nice AP rate again - we are hooked on BC CL!

Wow...that sounds great Robyn! Another WDW trip to look forward to. Can't wait to hear how you make out driving to FL...we have never done that.

Agreed that the weather has been so dismal here in NJ the last few days...I too miss those hot summer SAB days. I got the 40% pin code email on Monday...now to see if we will get there next year!

Kerry

We just got back on Saturday from a week long stay at the Beach Club. We actually got upgraded (for free) to the concierge level. IT was awesome. The people working the concierge desks were wonderful. My daughter started running a temperature on the plane ride down to Orlando and I had my clinic call in a prescription for her. The concierge took care of getting a courier, free of charge to us, to pick up the prescription for us. Also, one evening coming back from the parks, Jacob, working the concierge desk handed each of my daughters a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal. They all truly made our trip more special. We will certainly be back at the Beach Club for all future Disney trips!

Wow...that sounds great Robyn! Another WDW trip to look forward to. Can't wait to hear how you make out driving to FL...we have never done that.

Agreed that the weather has been so dismal here in NJ the last few days...I too miss those hot summer SAB days. I got the 40% pin code email on Monday...now to see if we will get there next year!

Kerry

I am sooo hoping we get that pincode!

We drove two years ago. I was a nervous wreck about how it would go. It was wonderful. We left around 9 pm and drove straight through. The kids watched dvds for the first two hours and then actually slept from about 11 pm to 8 am! I never thought they would sleep that long straight through. We did wake them up a few times when we stopped at the rest stops. DH and I took turns driving. I drove from Richmond to the end of North Carolina. There was very little traffic and it was actually peaceful with everyone asleep. We only drive if we are going to stop in Hilton Head for a few days. Right now the plan is to stop on the way home for 4 or 5 nights. It's actually a great rest after all the Disney fun!

Keep your fingers crossed that we got the pin code, or that the AP rate is just as good. Hope to see you again this summer (hopefully without the fire alarm!). Hopefully we can plan another little mini-YC/BC Dis meet.

We just got back on Saturday from a week long stay at the Beach Club. We actually got upgraded (for free) to the concierge level. IT was awesome. The people working the concierge desks were wonderful. My daughter started running a temperature on the plane ride down to Orlando and I had my clinic call in a prescription for her. The concierge took care of getting a courier, free of charge to us, to pick up the prescription for us. Also, one evening coming back from the parks, Jacob, working the concierge desk handed each of my daughters a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal. They all truly made our trip more special. We will certainly be back at the Beach Club for all future Disney trips!

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that your daughter was feeling bad, but glad to know that Disney came through for you on helping to get her meds! Wow! Another upgrade! It seems there have been quite a few of those lately! Congrats to you!!

I'm so excited! We made a last minute switch and have decided to stay at the Beach Club for the first 3 nights of our upcoming Oct vacation :goodvibes

The last time we stayed at the BC was in 2008 for the Food & Wine Festival, and I am so happy to be returning.

A few questions:

Which floors have full balconies again?

Do all the rooms still have a day bed?

Also, does anyone have pictures/floor plans of the Jr. Suites and the 1 and 2 bedroom suites? Thanks!

Thanks!

Just wanted to say HI! :wave2:to everyone that is checking in this weekend! My family consists of me, DH, DD15, and DD13. We Love the BC and can't wait to get back there!!1:cool1: My SIL and her family are going for their very first trip! They have left EVERYTHING to me! Luckily they are very easy going people. She knows I have a Disney Addiction and said they would only go if it was a time that we could go! We are checking in Sat 9
and leaving Sat 16. We will be easy to spot a SAB MY BIL is 6'5 and about 250. Look for us and introduce yourself! I'm Laurie! Hope everyone has a wonderful time! We are getting closer!!!:wizard:

Just wanted to say HI! :wave2:to everyone that is checking in this weekend! My family consists of me, DH, DD15, and DD13. We Love the BC and can't wait to get back there!!1:cool1: My SIL and her family are going for their very first trip! They have left EVERYTHING to me! Luckily they are very easy going people. She knows I have a Disney Addiction and said they would only go if it was a time that we could go! We are checking in Sat 9
and leaving Sat 16. We will be easy to spot a SAB MY BIL is 6'5 and about 250. Look for us and introduce yourself! I'm Laurie! Hope everyone has a wonderful time! We are getting closer!!!:wizard:

Have a wonderful time. It's so exciting to go with people that have never been before!!!:woohoo:

The last time we stayed at the BC was in 2008 for the Food & Wine Festival, and I am so happy to be returning. A few questions:
Which floors have full balconies again?
Do all the rooms still have a day bed?
Also, does anyone have pictures/floor plans of the Jr. Suites and the 1 and 2 bedroom suites? Thanks!

(1) It's not a question of "floor" but "rooms". If you need a full balcony at the BC add it to your room request.
(2) Not all rooms have day beds. Check front of this thriead where Dee has some great information on what is in the rooms
(3) Again, check the first few pages of this thread, I think you'll find what you are looking for there.

Have fun planning.

I just got back from my 1st stay at the Yacht club and for 2 adults I would pick it over the beach club as the lobby area and hallways etc are a little quieter as far as lots and lots of kids running around. The pool is fabulous and there is also a quiet pool area with hot tub. I liked it so much I have already booked Yacht club for next year. the rooms were very nice and the entire place is just elegant. It is a short walk to epcot which was very nice and also to be able to walk over to the boardwalk. Short boat ride or long walk to Disney studios. Hope this helps have a wonderful time.

Wow! Another upgrade! It seems there have been quite a few of those lately!

You know it seems like there have been quite a few upgrades being reported lately not only here on the YC/BC thread but at other resorts as well. It's no wonder people keep asking what they have to do to get one. I think it's great when people get them, and I really enjoy reading the stories about them and how appreciative every one that gets one is (never heard someone turn one down yet!). I guess Tinkerbell has been working overtime lately spreading some pixie dust around. There's always hope. I really enjoyed the story about the upgrade to the Turret room. That would be enough to knock my socks off!

You know it seems like there have been quite a few upgrades being reported lately not only here on the YC/BC thread but at other resorts as well. It's no wonder people keep asking what they have to do to get one. I think it's great when people get them, and I really enjoy reading the stories about them and how appreciative every one that gets one is (never heard someone turn one down yet!). I guess Tinkerbell has been working overtime lately spreading some pixie dust around. There's always hope. I really enjoyed the story about the upgrade to the Turret room. That would be enough to knock my socks off!

Yep, the upgrade to the Turret Room would knock my socks off as well! Wow! I couldn't even imagine, but it's so nice to see the magic of Disney is alive and well! I'm so happy for those that receive these wonderful upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter