2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to what exactly is in the kitchen of the villas ie frying pan, sauce pot, spatula....

We plan to eat breakfast in and one review talked about no skillets, could put a damper on eggs.

Now why can't I just win the lottery so we could book the Presidential Suite?

merriwthr - you are right - you will probably never want to leave BC!

I know we stay for two weeks in the summer and hate to leave. We can't wait to get back!

Due to such a heavy demand, I'm going to be just giving one pin out per family unless we have lots more made up. They are being requested like crazy and the supply won't last until February the way we are going. Hope this isn't a problem for anybody.

Does anyone have a link to what exactly is in the kitchen of the villas ie frying pan, sauce pot, spatula....

We plan to eat breakfast in and one review talked about no skillets, could put a damper on eggs.

Do all of the villas have the same equipment? If someone who goes soon has time to do an inventory, I would be glad to post it to the front page.

This is the info I have on the villas, although I can't vouch for the accuracy, it was copied over from the previous Y&B threads.

I still have some maintenance to do, so feel free to let me know of any corrections, additions or things you want to see in the FAQ sections.

Disney Beach Club Villa Studio
365 Sq Feet
Sleeps 4
• Kitchenette with microwave oven, under-counter refrigerator, wet bar and coffee maker
• Queen-size bed
• Double-size sleeper sofa
• TV
• Private porch or balcony

Disney Beach Club Villa One Bedroom
726 Sq Ft
Sleeps 4
• Master suite with king-size bed and whirlpool tub
• Queen-size sleeper sofa in living room
• TV & DVD player
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Washer/dryer

Disney Beach Club Villa Two Bedroom
1083 Sq Ft
Sleeps 8
• Separate bedroom with private bathroom and either one queen-size bed and double-size sleeper sofa or two queen-size beds
• TV & DVD player
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Washer/dryer

I took you off the list for the Y&B pins. I don't have or know anything about any Boardwalk pins.

Thanks, Teena! As soon as I wrote this, I realized that I was saying the wrong thing as I'm sure Boardwalk doesn't have these pins. Thanks for taking us off the list ~ just wanted to be sure someone else had the opportunity to have them. :)

Beach Club Villas: Hope that helps.

Thanks so much, Teena and yes, that is a huge help. We ended up switching to BWV to a 2BR. Very sorry to miss BCV but maybe next time. Just felt daughter had to have regular bed with back issues. Thanks again for your help!

Okay it looks like we'll be at the Actual Resort checking in Sat the 4th of Feb till Wed.

Fly out late Friday and arrive 11:30 ish Florida time. Pick up rental car.

I think we're just going to spend the night at La Quinta and start fresh in the am.

Get up Saturday. Go by and do grocery runs maybe do a little outlet shopping first. Then either go to DTD or maybe over to the Poly to watch Wishes that night.

Question: Is it better to go ahead and head to WDW first thing in am, check in and get our 'dibs' in on requested room or not worry about it till closer to 4 any way.

I could not find a place to request online. But I can still call this week and add in my requests right?

Do all of the villas have the same equipment? If someone who goes soon has time to do an inventory, I would be glad to post it to the front page.

This is the info I have on the villas, although I can't vouch for the accuracy, it was copied over from the previous Y&B threads.

I still have some maintenance to do, so feel free to let me know of any corrections, additions or things you want to see in the FAQ sections.

Disney Beach Club Villa Studio
365 Sq Feet
Sleeps 4
• Kitchenette with microwave oven, under-counter refrigerator, wet bar and coffee maker
• Queen-size bed
• Double-size sleeper sofa
• TV

Disney Beach Club Villa One Bedroom
726 Sq Ft
Sleeps 4
• TV & DVD player
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Washer/dryer

Disney Beach Club Villa Two Bedroom
1083 Sq Ft
Sleeps 8
• Separate bedroom with private bathroom and either one queen-size bed and double-size sleeper sofa or two queen-size beds
• TV & DVD player
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Washer/dryer

I will be at BCV in a studio in a week and could inventory that - but I don't expect there is much there. My biggest question is what size coffee maker is it? I know the regular rooms have the smaller 4 cup, but I'm thinking I read somewhere that the villas have the large regular size coffee makers. I'm just trying to figure out what size filters to pack.

Add us too! My mom and I will be at the BC beginning 11/27. She's leaving 12/1 and I'm staying until 12/4. I'm coming for a conference at the Swan/Dolphin - but I couldn't pass up the chance to stay at the BC. After reading this thread for the last couple of weeks - I can not wait. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to work these next three weeks until I leave!

Merri

Hey Teena - I have a question for you -- since I am going to be there for a conference and got our reservations through Conventioneers - can I still make a room request (like large balcony or water view) or is that a no-no since I have the Conventioneers rate?

Thanks!

27 days and counting... :banana::banana::cheer2:

Hey Teena - I have a question for you -- since I am going to be there for a conference and got our reservations through Conventioneers - can I still make a room request (like large balcony or water view) or is that a no-no since I have the Conventioneers rate?

Thanks!

27 days and counting... :banana::banana::cheer2:

If you can figure out a way to get it added to your reservation, sure, put it on - I'm not sure how your reservation was booked. However, a water view isn't a request. You either book a standard or garden or water view. It's a type of room category. If you book a standard or garden, you can't request a water ... well, technically you can request anything you want, but that would be requesting an upgrade and the surest way to not get an upgrade is to ask for one!

You can certainly add "large balcony requested" on your reservation. But it should be added before the reservation gets to the room assignor. We get the reservations 5-10 days before arrival date.

Okay I spent my time in between the TorT'ers doing some searches. Found a clue on a DVC Thread.

Allears has these lists.

Studio's (only thing I think is wrong is it lists glasses but it's all paper/styrofoam and plastic, not actual dishes.)

http://allears.net/acc/dvcstudioamenities.htm

1 BR

http://allears.net/acc/dvc12bvamenities.htm

If you can figure out a way to get it added to your reservation, sure, put it on - I'm not sure how your reservation was booked. However, a water view isn't a request. You either book a standard or garden or water view. It's a type of room category. If you book a standard or garden, you can't request a water ... well, technically you can request anything you want, but that would be requesting an upgrade and the surest way to not get an upgrade is to ask for one!

You can certainly add "large balcony requested" on your reservation. But it should be added before the reservation gets to the room assignor. We get the reservations 5-10 days before arrival date.

Teena -- Thank you for clearing that up!! I will certainly call and ask for a large balcony to be added as a request to our reservation! Since I've never stayed at BC, I'm not sure which views I'd prefer anyway -- as long as I'm at WDW - I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter! :littleangel:

Okay I spent my time in between the TorT'ers doing some searches. Found a clue on a DVC Thread.

Allears has these lists.

Studio's (only thing I think is wrong is it lists glasses but it's all paper/styrofoam and plastic, not actual dishes.)

1 BR

http://allears.net/acc/bwv_kit.htm

Didn't see a 2BR list but assume it's a combo of the above. This was a general list and not resort specific, but I would guess it's the same everywhere. Also since it lists Ashtrays in smoking rooms I'm betting it's a few years old.

This is also from allears, and it one and 2 BR. Everything should be the same at all resorts.

Okay it looks like we'll be at the Actual Resort checking in Sat the 4th of Feb till Wed.

Fly out late Friday and arrive 11:30 ish Florida time. Pick up rental car.

I think we're just going to spend the night at La Quinta and start fresh in the am.

Get up Saturday. Go by and do grocery runs maybe do a little outlet shopping first. Then either go to DTD or maybe over to the Poly to watch Wishes that night.

Question: Is it better to go ahead and head to WDW first thing in am, check in and get our 'dibs' in on requested room or not worry about it till closer to 4 any way.

I could not find a place to request online. But I can still call this week and add in my requests right?

Hi Bookgirl :goodvibes Looks like we'll be at the BC the same time as you! :)
Isn't Saturday FEB 5th??? I am pretty sure it is, as we arrive on the 5th around 7:30 am....it's going to be a long day, especially after flying all night long (midnight flight on the 4th direct to Florida....arriving early AM on Saturday!) Hope we still have some energy to explore after travelling on the red-eye :rotfl: Perhaps we'll run into each other, it's just my son and I and we are staying Club Level
Have and amazing trip!

I will be at BCV in a studio in a week and could inventory that - but I don't expect there is much there. My biggest question is what size coffee maker is it? I know the regular rooms have the smaller 4 cup, but I'm thinking I read somewhere that the villas have the large regular size coffee makers. I'm just trying to figure out what size filters to pack.

Someone who recently stayed at the Villas should be able to answer this, but here is one way way around that. When I go on vacation, I pack the Maxwell House sealed filter pads. One pad makes 4 cups, Two pads make 8 cups, so it doesn't matter what size the coffee maker is. It aslo doesn't matter whether the filter basket is flat-bottomed or cone-shaped. Plus they come in a nice sturdy box, which you can use to pack small fragile items.

I am a coffee addict, but not a snob, so I don't require a gourmet blend, just lots of it!

November Movie Schedule- can someone who is there this week, let me know the schedule and I will post it?

I checked Build a Better Mousetrip this morning, but they don't have the Nov. movies up for any of the resorts yet.

Allears has these lists.

1 BR

Thanks for posting these links. I have edited the info and put it onto the FAQ section for the BCVs. But I hate to put up info that I have not personally verified, so if anyone who has been recently, or is going soon, could let me know of any errors on this list, let me know by PM or posting here.

Or better yet, if anyone is interested in sponsoring a trip for me to independently verify this information, I am open to that. Oh darn, kids are in school, so I guess it will have to be a solo trip! But I am willing to make that kind of sacrifice!!! ;)

When I go on vacation, I pack the Maxwell House sealed filter pads. One pad makes 4 cups, Two pads make 8 cups, so it doesn't matter what size the coffee maker is. It aslo doesn't matter whether the filter basket is flat-bottomed or cone-shaped. Plus they come in a nice sturdy box, which you can use to pack small fragile items.

Thanks for the idea!

Or better yet, if anyone is interested in sponsoring a trip for me to independently verify this information, I am open to that. Oh darn, kids are in school, so I guess it will have to be a solo trip! But I am willing to make that kind of sacrifice!!! ;)

:rotfl2:

This time next week I'll be waking up at BCV! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter