Virgin Voyages comparison

It also includes gratuities. And with that, even includes gratuities on drinks. If you buy a $10 drink, it's $10, not $11.80 after 18%.

We were just on Valiant Lady and the room service charge was $5. One thing I liked. If you ordered a beer, everything else was included and you could charge that beer to your bar tab. Also, they will bring you something like 15 cans of Diet Coke if you ask (don't ask how I know...)

Did you go to see Duel Reality (did they have that on your ship?)

Agreed.

Enjoyed the review. We love both VV and DCL!

Yes, Duel Reality was the best show we saw. Really enjoyed that.

They had a few trivia games and puzzle contests. They are really big on fitness so there was a lot of fitness classes... bungee, yoga, bicycling, etc...

There was an arcade (completely free) with old games like Defender, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, etc... since that's from my childhood, I spent a bit of time in there. :-)
Were the exercise classes free..? Did they fill up quickly? (is that a silly question on a cruise? That may be a silly question on a cruise...)

Were the exercise classes free..? Did they fill up quickly? (is that a silly question on a cruise? That may be a silly question on a cruise...)
Yes, they were free. You just had to sign up in advance. My wife wanted to do the bungee classes but they were all booked up.

All included but they book up FAST. I recommend booking what you want immediately upon getting access to ship WiFi, and then watching for cancellations 1-2 hours ahead of time. And there are some great classes, too!

We wanted to do VV when it was first announced. The end product (based on many reviews and hours of vlogs we’ve watched) isn’t for us. Too modern, too minimalist, and too “out there” on the entertainment and vibe. I’m sure it’s a good product, just not for us.

We wanted to do VV when it was first announced. The end product (based on many reviews and hours of vlogs we’ve watched) isn’t for us. Too modern, too minimalist, and too “out there” on the entertainment and vibe. I’m sure it’s a good product, just not for us.
Well, I guess in that case we just shouldn’t worry about sailing the Wish or bother with Lookout Cay

Thanks for the information! :thumbsup2

As a die hard DCL fan, I have to say from all I have seen of Virgin, it has piqued my interest, but I haven't been sure if it's a little too different for me. From your post, I'm thinking I really would like it. I will have to look into it at some point but currently have 4 Disney cruises booked for the next 2 years. :rotfl:
I too am a DCL fan, but our last 2 trips were on virgin. Something to note, they match or exceed your rewards tier on another cruise line. I am Platinum on DCL, so I am a top tier rewards member automatically on Virgin (I do not remember their plan name). In the top tier, you get a higher internet plan included free, 1 laundry service, one free upgraded coffee each day, a reception, some money on a drink tab, priority boarding, and a couple other minor things too.

I believe they did away with that (status-matching) at the end of 2023.
According to the Virgin Voyages website (https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club), they are still accepting applications for status matches until the end of 2024. It may not get you the top tier, but it will get you more than not having any status.

STATUS MATCH

Score perks on your very first sailing.​

In another cruise club? We’ll match your status from most cruise loyalty programs.
We can’t wait for you to experience sailing The Virgin Way, so for a limited time, we’ll fast-track you into the Sailing Club.
  • Join the Virgin Voyages Sailing Club with Sailing Club Status Match.
  • Sail with Blue Extras on your first (or second) voyage.
  • Score members-only offers before you sail.
How to get hooked up? Click the link to view loyalty programs and get started — we’re now accepting applications through December 31, 2024.

According to the Virgin Voyages website (https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club), they are still accepting applications for status matches until the end of 2024. It may not get you the top tier, but it will get you more than not having any status.

STATUS MATCH

Score perks on your very first sailing.​

In another cruise club? We’ll match your status from most cruise loyalty programs.
We can’t wait for you to experience sailing The Virgin Way, so for a limited time, we’ll fast-track you into the Sailing Club.
  • Join the Virgin Voyages Sailing Club with Sailing Club Status Match.
  • Sail with Blue Extras on your first (or second) voyage.
  • Score members-only offers before you sail.
How to get hooked up? Click the link to view loyalty programs and get started — we’re now accepting applications through December 31, 2024.
oh interesting. I remember getting an email (or maybe reading an article?) that said they did away with it as they were revamping their loyalty program. Looks like they either walked that back or put it back in the revamped program. Either way, thanks for sharing!

oh interesting. I remember getting an email (or maybe reading an article?) that said they did away with it as they were revamping their loyalty program. Looks like they either walked that back or put it back in the revamped program. Either way, thanks for sharing!
They did suspend it for a while. They brought it back, but the perks have changed. You now get Blue Extras, which is the specialty coffee per day, a bag of laundry per day, cocktail event, wi-fi, and Sailor Services Support. Then after 5 sailings you get Deep Blue Extras, which includes 2 specialty coffees per day, $100 Bar Tab, Premium Wifi, enhanced laundry service, priority boarding.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club/benefits-grid

They did suspend it for a while. They brought it back, but the perks have changed. You now get Blue Extras, which is the specialty coffee per day, a bag of laundry per day, cocktail event, wi-fi, and Sailor Services Support. Then after 5 sailings you get Deep Blue Extras, which includes 2 specialty coffees per day, $100 Bar Tab, Premium Wifi, enhanced laundry service, priority boarding.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club/benefits-grid
We had the Extras package along with a promotional $600 bar tab. I don't drink but my wife took advantage of it. I did get the fancy tea several times though.

Must say we don't rste the entertainment (as in the sit down shows) but the cabaret and music acts have all been great and the food and drink blow disney out of the water.

It's a completely different vibe - but I love it. Way more relaxing than disney - certainly in the day - but more to do in the evenings.

Beverage classes are great and superior quality (they serve Dom Perignon at the champagne tasting for i think $10 less than disney) and people (guests) seem Waaaaay friendlier and more willing to chat/drink together.

Some gorgeous spaces - I'd compare it more to a Vegas hotel more than a family resort which is what I would class disney as.

they are free but if you no-show they charge 10 dollars that gets donated to a charity of your choice or someting

Ihave a screen recording on my phone for one day activities cannot upload here I believe
but here is the day planner,
any fitness classes throught the day- no charge:
  1. growth mediation
  2. sun worshippers morning yoga
  3. HIIT
  4. Vinyasa yoga
  5. spinning
  6. cleansing breath class
  7. core basics
  8. roll-out roller recover class
  9. upswing bungee
  10. zumba
  11. it take two. tow person workout
  12. and others
  13. 80 aerobic and peope got dressed for this!

Activitess for that one day I took a screen recording. :
  1. morning mind bender brain games
  2. adult painting party
  3. solo sailer meet up
  4. plate, snap and eat. how to take foodie photography dining event
  5. artits scavenger hunt- fun way to learn about the ship
  6. hairstyling workshop
  7. last one standing trivia
  8. speed puzzle challenge jigasaw puzzle contect
  9. informal artic educational class ( not art sales but educational)
  10. roaming magic with the charmer
  11. dodgeball
  12. salty trivia game.. many verions. some sports, some music some general, winning team gets a drink
  13. horseplay, derby style seahorse racing .. was like a huge people size chess game.was fun and cool concept
  14. karokee. normal and with Diva drag( that was fun!)
  15. interacitve gameshows. different themse. was was "latte you stay" highly caffeinated theme
  16. for red night, glam stations free glitter and face stickers.
various enterainment, music etc... and shows...

I have to say i disagree with a PP; much more than DCL unless maybe you include every character M&G as an item.

Terrific info! We are taking our first Virgin cruise in November because my mom wanted to try it. We have been on all the Disney ships, so size of ship isn't really something we care about. But food and entertainment definitely are!

I've been worried that we are too old for the "vibe"--hearing other people talk about the types of music in the clubs and bars. I don't mind current music, but I also enjoy going to the Disney lounges and listening to the dueling pianos play a variety of stuff or even 70s-90s hours.

We're late 40s and my mom and her husband are mid to late-60s. Are there bands/pianists/DJs that would be playing music that we would all 4 enjoy?
I just took a cruise with my mom 73 I am 50 and we both loved it.... lounge/bar music is everything.. not techno music. that is more for pool party or scarlet night club scene. but anything from 70s-current music or simply guitar classics . It's not a crazy party scene like many think it is.

I haven't sailed Virgin (yet) but one thing I like is that their crew has more freedom how they dress / wear their hair etc. And that Virgin gives their crew free wifi. They have a 4 star rating on glassdoor.

Happy crew = happy guests (or at least it helps 😉)
definately the vibe I got that the crew was super happy and the service amazing.

a pp posted how small the pool was... the deep end I find comparable to the adult pool on the magic/wonder.. with more space for shallow lounging in water.

Attachments

• IMG_4464.jpeg
    IMG_4464.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
Ihave a screen recording on my phone for one day activities cannot upload here I believe
but here is the day planner,
any fitness classes throught the day- no charge:
  1. growth mediation
  2. sun worshippers morning yoga
  3. HIIT
  4. Vinyasa yoga
  5. spinning
  6. cleansing breath class
  7. core basics
  8. roll-out roller recover class
  9. upswing bungee
  10. zumba
  11. it take two. tow person workout
  12. and others
  13. 80 aerobic and peope got dressed for this!

Activitess for that one day I took a screen recording. :
  1. morning mind bender brain games
  2. adult painting party
  3. solo sailer meet up
  4. plate, snap and eat. how to take foodie photography dining event
  5. artits scavenger hunt- fun way to learn about the ship
  6. hairstyling workshop
  7. last one standing trivia
  8. speed puzzle challenge jigasaw puzzle contect
  9. informal artic educational class ( not art sales but educational)
  10. roaming magic with the charmer
  11. dodgeball
  12. salty trivia game.. many verions. some sports, some music some general, winning team gets a drink
  13. horseplay, derby style seahorse racing .. was like a huge people size chess game.was fun and cool concept
  14. karokee. normal and with Diva drag( that was fun!)
  15. interacitve gameshows. different themse. was was "latte you stay" highly caffeinated theme
  16. for red night, glam stations free glitter and face stickers.
various enterainment, music etc... and shows...

I have to say i disagree with a PP; much more than DCL unless maybe you include every character M&G as an item.
Don't forget Bingo with the Diva...that was a ton of fun too!!!

In regards to the crew...if you speak with many of them you find that most came from other cruise lines, even Disney, and are much happier on Virgin. One of the reasons is that they don't have to bug you about good reviews and tips. The other cool thing is that no one is walking around in "whites" (ship's officers). You really can't tell who they are, it's all very casual.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest