20050430--Boston--Jerry's Revenge!--Important message page 11

LOL! I refuse to drive in Boston and I hate being a passenger in a car there. The T is definitely for me. I went all the way to WDW by myself, but I wouldnt dare go into Boston alone, LOL!
Yes, I have no sense of direction

Goofy4tink, you should get a room too. Its nice not to worry about having to drive after a night out...then again, now that police are involved anyway, Im getting worried. ;)

TLinden16 said:
The cops will only look at us funny when we spray our hair lime green ;)

Karen
now thats an idea...we'll be called ......

GANG GREEN :rotfl2:
and when they haul us in and ask who our leader is we'll tell them.....

The great and powerful Sir Gerald Xavier Popkin Hogswagle the Third :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Of course that would probably ruin our chances of being released any time soon :scratchin ;)

goofy4tink said:
God, I wish I had a hotel room to get all comfy in!!!! Color me dis-green. See you guys at 7:15ish out in front. Now, to just find our way and find a place to park. Any suggestions out there for you more urban folk for us countryfied people??

As for parking I can help you there. I work and park in the area. There are several garages and lots in the area.

One is at Fenway Park (enter on the Landsdown St corner, near the statue). They have been charging a $10 night club rate. To enter, if you exit off Storrow Drive, take a right at the lights on Boylston St (at the Shell Station). Fenway Park will be in front of you and drive to the right, parking entrance is on the left.

At the other corner (Landsdown and Brookline Ave) behind the Fenway bleachers is another garage area also. Entrances are just past Gold's Gym.

On Brookline Avenue there is a large open lot to the left of Boston Beerworks. It's at the Brookline and Yawkey Way intersection.

Further down Brookline Avenue is the Landmark Center (old Sears Building). They have a big parking garage. It's a few blocks from Landsdown St. but if you plan to shop or eat before hitting the Clubs it's a good spot.

Lansdowne Garage Information

Lansdowne Garage Phone #:.................617-421-0125
Location: 49-67 Lansdowne Street, Boston. (Behind Fenway Park left field wall, next to Gold's Gym.)

Kenmore Lot Information

Kenmore Lot Phone #'s: (617) 732-2306
Location: Brookline Avenue across from Fenway Park, and on Maitland Street off of Beacon Street.

Red Sox Garage Information

Red Sox Garage Phone #:........617-278-1541
Location: Attached to Fenway Park on the corner of Lansdowne Street next to Ipswich Street

Thanks Margie!!! That helps. While my dh is pretty conversant when it comes to the city, sometimes he doesn't know where to park since he is usually in the financial district.

Hey Karen,

I see you planned another Boston area meet. Way cool girl.
Unfortunately the Goofys will be tied up with activities here in lovely Western MA. But we'll send our best wishes to all attendies, for a glorious time.

GoofyJoofy! Where have you been, buddy? Someone was asking me about you in chat the other night! I'm feeling mighty neglected!

Karen

Bikinis for the women, and speedos for the men. We want our group to stand out!

Hey, I'm going totally (well sort of) off topic on this one, but I figured I'd post this here in case any of you are interested in e-mailing Disney in hopes of them changing their agreement to make Jellyrolls smokefree:

I'm hoping that some of you may be interested in helping out with something. There is a Jellyrolls message board that I read, and there is someone over there who is starting an campaign to try to get them to make Jellyrolls smoke free. She is trying to get as many people as possible to e-mail Disney's legal department today in hopes that if they get bombarded with a large number of e-mails on this issue, they will consider changing their agreement with Jellyrolls when they can so that they can make it a non-smoking establishment. Jellyrolls is the only bar that allows smoking on Disney property.

So, if you are interested in sending an e-mail (or if you are interested in making my favorite place smoke free for me), please send an e-mail to: wdw.legal@disney.com

Not sure if it will work, but it won't hurt to try

Thanks.

goofy4tink said:
Can I wear jeans or are 'nicer' pants in order here???
OK Karen funny answer :teeth:
now seriously what is everybody wearing?

goofy4tink... I'm wearing Jeans unless many come here and tell me otherwise!!
my DH will probably ask me the same question? What should I tell him?

This is something that no one needs to see!!! Either me in my bikini or dh in a speedo!!! Oh my...if you have spent any time at Old Orchard Beach with the Canadians, you'll have some idea of what we might look like!! :earseek:

So, in order to fulfill our worshipfull leader's mandate, I will have my 'bikini' on under my jeans. Will instruct dh to follow suit. He will most likely wear khakis. He isn't comfortable in jeans out in a social setting.

TLinden16 said:
GoofyJoofy! Where have you been, buddy? Someone was asking me about you in chat the other night! I'm feeling mighty neglected!

Karen

Karen,

Guess things really got to me more than I originally thought. I wound up staying away from all on-line activity (even reading stuff). Didn't mean to neglect my friends, but I guess that is what I wound up doing by hiding under a rock for so long.

In my absence, my kids have taken control of the PCs at home. 2 teenage girls constantly IMing and emailing.

I won't make any promises I can't keep, but if I am free tonight, and I can get a PC, maybe I'll drop in and say Hi to all the Tuesday chatters.

But in any case, I hope all is well with you. I never forgot your kindness. :)

OK if you insist....bikini's it is....but only if I can wear my topless one :cool1:

:rotfl: Somewhere in this house, is a photo I took on at a beach/park in Key West, several years ago. It is of my DH and I think my DD, sitting at a picnic table. At least that's what you might THINK it is a photo of. But what I was REALLY photographing was a man in a lime green speedo at the watyer fountain int he background. Took it for my DIS friends LOL

I'm probably wearing jeans or khakis to the meet. This bod will never ever wear a bikini ever again.

:rotfl: Somewhere in this house, is a photo I took on at a beach/park in Key West, several years ago. It is of my DH and I think my DD, sitting at a picnic table. At least that's what you might THINK it is a photo of. But what I was REALLY photographing was a man in a lime green speedo at the water fountain in the background. Took it for my DIS friends LOL

I'm probably wearing jeans or khakis to the meet. This bod will never ever wear a bikini ever again.

Sure, Debbie. Go topless. I don't care. I bet it will get our songs played faster ;)

Ann, that story is so good, you had to tell it twice ;) You must find that photo for us :)

Karen

I vote for bikinis and speedos

and lots and lots of PICS!!!!!

:rotfl:

I may have a bikini on earlier in day at the pool...but no speedo is going anywhere near DH! :rotfl2:

I noticed on Jake Ivory's website it says they welcome jeans, or something to that effect. I will probably wear denim capris with what else, but....a lime green shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter