2 night Vancouver to Seattle announced

This is my thought exactly. I thought Canada is not allowing any cruises all summer so why would DCL make any plans to sail into or out of Vancouver? Maybe I’m confused or misread that.

I too find it odd to bother scheduling this cruise...unless they are actually planning to do some Alaskan cruises this summer

I'm surprised they bothered to add this too. Unless you live in Vancouver or the area who would bother taking this cruise? Plus the fact our border is closed and we are thinking up here it won't be open til the Fall, thus cancelling Alaska. It's as if DCL wants to create more hassle for themselves!

Interesting when researching this cruise, there are no port adventures, nothing for Seattle on a Canadian cruise port adventures nor Alaska cruise. It's a cruise to nowhere, just docking I am assuming.

Or it’s just an opportunity to squeeze some cash from hopeful cruisers.
Right? They must think they will make enough money to offset the docking fees in Seattle vs sitting idle in the Vancouver harbour. A risky little venture that could backfire on them.

As someone who lives 30 minutes north of Seattle, I'm 99.999% sure this cruise never happens. Our Governor is hell bent on keeping us locked down. I can't see them allowing a boat full of people to disembark. Not to mention downtown Seattle is a ghost town with businesses leaving in droves and homeless camps taking over. I can't imagine wanting to get off a Disney ship to see what is left of downtown.

I wonder if this was done because the 9-night was much more expensive than the replacement 7-night, and guests were unhappy at having so much leftover FCC--gives people a place to park their FCC until the cruise is (inevitably) cancelled.

As someone who lives 30 minutes north of Seattle, I'm 99.999% sure this cruise never happens. Our Governor is hell bent on keeping us locked down. I can't see them allowing a boat full of people to disembark. Not to mention downtown Seattle is a ghost town with businesses leaving in droves and homeless camps taking over. I can't imagine wanting to get off a Disney ship to see what is left of downtown.
And here in BC our premier is hell bent on not allowing international travelers until vaccines are widely administered (not just to tourists but to Canadians as well and that won't happen til the end of summer).

Or it’s just an opportunity to squeeze some cash from hopeful cruisers.
Looks like an act of desperation to me. I can't imagine how long it will take the cruise industry back to level it was prior to the pandemic.

Our Governor is hell bent on keeping us locked down. I can't see them allowing a boat full of people to disembark. Not to mention downtown Seattle is a ghost town with businesses leaving in droves and homeless camps taking over. I can't imagine wanting to get off a Disney ship to see what is left of downtown.
I was wondering about the current situation in Seattle since the news doesn't carry it anymore. On the DVC Members Cruise (May 2019 San Diego to Vancouver) the San Francisco bus tour was not as planned because the bus driver told us he had to avoid the areas of homeless camps, and they were constantly changing. He would slow down as if to turn but kept going because it was tent-city down many streets.

Adding my two cents here. Currently the Wonder is off Port Canaveral.

In order to do these cruises, which may not happen, they would need to move it. The Panama Canal isn't cheap not to mention the fuel that'll be used getting there. Add to this, if the Summer season doesn't happen then the Wonder will have to move back!

Perhaps these cruises will vanish when someone engages their brain.

I was wondering about the current situation in Seattle since the news doesn't carry it anymore. On the DVC Members Cruise (May 2019 San Diego to Vancouver) the San Francisco bus tour was not as planned because the bus driver told us he had to avoid the areas of homeless camps, and they were constantly changing. He would slow down as if to turn but kept going because it was tent-city down many streets.
That is sad to hear..incl in seattle. i live in SF all my life & watched it's STEEP decline in the last decade (an even quicker decline in past 5yrs). why bother stopping in these "world class cities"
bus tour announcer: and on the left is bum town USA.

I was all excited when I heard and went to look at it and then realized how impractical it is. You have to cross the border and a more expensive flight. With the border cross, I wouldn't dare do it without a pre-night.

Also, being a new cruiser and last to board I would imagine it would work out to be less then 48 hours on board.

That said, we already have short cruises in the USA, maybe this short one is a "test" to see how well they would do if the Wonder were to spend more time on the West Coast post-Wish. I hope not, as I don't think you can gauge anything right now.

I don't think it's a terrible idea on paper. Many who booked the 9 day, did so for that particular itinerary. But this is a good option because it hits two 7 day cruises. That gives two different groups of people a chance to turn their 7 day into a 9 day cruise. That would also give B2B passengers an afternoon to explore Vancouver between sailings plus a chance to visit Seattle which isn't a normal DCL stop. I agree that offering this right now does seem somewhat pointless. But I guess there's no harm in selling the rooms if people are willing to book them as they hold out hope for a miracle. Worst case, it's just another round of refunds or credits. If someone books it, they have to know that's the most likely outcome.

Incidentally, we did a 2 day in California for Mother's Day a few years ago. It was ridiculously short but we got to have some nice meals, see Frozen the Musical, Disney Dreams, Avengers Infinity War and spend a nice weekend together as a family. The ship went to Ensenada and I doubt 1/4 of the people got off the ship because it was so short. So the port day felt like a sea day because there were still a lot of onboard activities. I don't know that I would do it again but I don't hate the idea of adding it to a longer cruise. In fact, if I were on one of those two Alaska sailings, I would definitely consider adding this trip on to my itinerary because it would be something different. Maybe they are exploring interest for future cruises while taking advantage of 2 days where the ship was going to be sitting empty?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter