13 month old won’t sleep in stroller

monica9

DIS Veteran
going in 9 days and our 13 month old won’t sleep in the stroller. Heck, she doesn’t even like sitting in it. It looks way more uncomfortable than our old Chicco one we had for my now 9 year old. It’s a baby jogger city mini and looks like there’s no back support. It doesn’t go up far enough so that she can sit straight up. When we put it down all the way so she can lay, she seems uncomfortable. Not sure if it’s because she’s a stomach sleeper or if I need to put extra cushioning so it’s more comfortable. Any siggestions on what I can put on as an extra padded layer? Do they sell anything? I really don’t want to go out and buy a new stroller. The umbrella ones are too short for my husband and myself to push around.
Only way she sits in it is with Cheerios or puffs. Can’t do that for 9 straight days!
Help!

Also, who has a stroller that the baby can sit upright at 90 degree angle yet reclines fully with big basket? About to get a new stroller on Black Friday if I have to

Also, who has a stroller that the baby can sit upright at 90 degree angle yet reclines fully with big basket? About to get a new stroller on Black Friday if I have to

If you can find a Britax B-Agile somewhere, that might work. It was retired, but it's basically the same as my discontinued bob motion. The basket underneath is smallish but I can fit shopping bags and the like down there. (downside is there's no built in cup holders or snack tray)

I don't know if it's a fully 90 degree angle, but it might be close to that.

If you can find a Britax B-Agile somewhere, that might work. It was retired, but it's basically the same as my discontinued bob motion. The basket underneath is smallish but I can fit shopping bags and the like down there. (downside is there's no built in cup holders or snack tray)

I don't know if it's a fully 90 degree angle, but it might be close to that.
Thank you. I will look into it.

Britax b-agile is the same as the City Mini. We have one, and it does not sit straight upright. I would find a clip that you can put on the straps on the back the bring the seat up/down.

Britax b-agile is the same as the City Mini. We have one, and it does not sit straight upright. I would find a clip that you can put on the straps on the back the bring the seat up/down.
Good idea. I think I read about a clip online somewhere.

My kids wouldn't sit nor sleep in the stroller at that age either. I did bribe my youngest at 3 to sit in it but I wouldn't rely on that for a baby. Do you have a carrier of some sort? A sling was how we were able to handle taking babies to theme parks. An additional option is to look into renting a stroller for your trip. That could be cheaper than buying using an off-site rental company. Someone here likely can give you a recommendation for both strollers or and rental companies.

My kids wouldn't sit nor sleep in the stroller at that age either. I did bribe my youngest at 3 to sit in it but I wouldn't rely on that for a baby. Do you have a carrier of some sort? A sling was how we were able to handle taking babies to theme parks. An additional option is to look into renting a stroller for your trip. That could be cheaper than buying using an off-site rental company. Someone here likely can give you a recommendation for both strollers or and rental companies.

Most of them rent out the city mini as the base level stroller.

We went with my 15-month-old last year. He also didn't sleep in the stroller or like to sit in it. We did a lot of holding him, snacks, and letting him out to run around in lines or around the park. I think a lot of it is the age and personality of the child, I doubt a different stroller will help as we tried multiple with my son and he acted the same in each of them.

13 month old slept in the stroller! When she was awake she wouldn’t stay in it but when she got tired she slept. So happy and she actually slept in their pack n play that had a mattress sheet that was too small for the mattress and bunched up. But she slept! So for everyone that said a change of routine and being stimulated by everything will make her sleep were right.

13 month old slept in the stroller! When she was awake she wouldn’t stay in it but when she got tired she slept. So happy and she actually slept in their pack n play that had a mattress sheet that was too small for the mattress and bunched up. But she slept! So for everyone that said a change of routine and being stimulated by everything will make her sleep were right.

Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!