1 Bedroom Options

I have not stayed at OKW so I can't really comment on that, but I love SSR for the times when we are not going to do parks during the trip, at least for a few nights. Maybe consider a split stay?? If you can get BW SV for a few nights, and then go with SSR Standard or OKW for the rest???

ETA: I see you mentioned you did the split so not a choice this time.
Certainly not preferred, but I could see where if BWV Standard was available the first 7 days then if we are unable to extend it to 14 a split with SSR could happen......

No car - BWV, and yes I think you can book Std view there at 7 months - we did.
Car - tough choice, but I think I'd go AKV

Any reason why you ruled out CCV and BRV?

No car - BWV, and yes I think you can book Std view there at 7 months - we did.
Car - tough choice, but I think I'd go AKV

Any reason why you ruled out CCV and BRV?
We will have our car. Ruled out CCV and BRV because we would be about 4 points shy w/the 50% borrowing in place. Also, we have our first 11 nights at CCV (studio) at Christmas so figured we might want to try something different in the summer.

We presently have our last 2 nights at BLT at Christmas moved to anything else that is fewer points then it opens up a couple more options this summer.

ETA: We can presently go up to 496 points w/the borrowing restrictions in place.

Last edited:
I would do a split stay - 7 nights at AK Jambo and 7 at either SSR or OKW. I prefer SSR to OKW except for the balconies, so if you plan to just chill on the balconies a lot, OKW would be the better choice in that case. We enjoy Boardwalk, but it isn't relaxing to us because being so close to two parks makes it too tempting to go, go, go.

I would do either SSR preferred and ask for Congress Park so you can be walking distance to Disney Springs or do OKW and hopefully the boats will be running to/from DS by then.

I would do a split. 7 days at BWV standard view if you can get it, then OKW. Food & Wine festival started in July this year, so probably the same next year. I personally love The quiet pool at Boardwalk and also the nice pool on the Inn side. We visit Epcot in the mornings and then chill at the pool or do some shopping ( so many options all around the lake) or dining (Flying Fish if it ever reopens, Swan and Dolphin, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Epcot). Hollywood Studios is a once and done for us. 7 days at OKW to chill and spend time at Disney Springs. It is such a quiet and beautiful resort. Charcoal grills by the pools, parking right next to your building. AK is nice also, and has a nice community hall and gym, but for us it gets a little boring. Plus food options are limited. SSR is nice also, but I think it is more points?
Sounds like a fun thing to plan. And your Christmas trip sounds grand.

We will have our car. Ruled out CCV and BRV because we would be about 4 points shy w/the 50% borrowing in place. Also, we have our first 11 nights at CCV (studio) at Christmas so figured we might want to try something different in the summer.

We presently have our last 2 nights at BLT at Christmas moved to anything else that is fewer points then it opens up a couple more options this summer.

ETA: We can presently go up to 496 points w/the borrowing restrictions in place.
I'm crossing fingers and toes I get our studio at CC Christmas 2022 when our 11-month window opens. It is our dream but I know it takes work to get the reservation.

I'm crossing fingers and toes I get our studio at CC Christmas 2022 when our 11-month window opens. It is our dream but I know it takes work to get the reservation.
We got lucky and got it on the “unicorn” day a couple months ago when all the availability opened up one morning. We actually had BLT Lake the whole time prior to that. But my wife’s dream has been CCV at Christmas……so we chose it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter