🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to view the fireworks? Ideally, I'd love to watch them from in front of the castle, but I also don't want to give up three hours of park time by finding a spot early and waiting. Would we be able to snag a decent viewing spot a little further back on Main Street if we arrive about 45 minutes or so before they begin? Also, we want to stay in the park once the fireworks are over. If we are on Main Street is it going to be an absolute nightmare trying to make our way back into the park?
There have been a lot of good reports on doing them from Galaxy's Edge if you're a Star Wars fan, but personally I haven't done that.

We've had good luck watching from the raised area right in front of IASW without getting there super early. They do the projections on Small World, so anywhere in that area where you have a good view of the front of IASW is good.

You can see them from farther back on Main Street 45 minutes ahead of time, but you won't really be able to see the projections on the castle if you're too far back. However, they do projections on the building fronts on Main Street. We prefer to view them from Small World because it's a better view of the projections than being far back on Main Street.

It's me again. I am so sorry for another question. The good news is, we leave for California next week, so I'll soon be done asking questions. :thumbsup2

How do I access ride photos and photos that are taken by photopass people? We've always had magic bands in Disney World so I'm not exactly sure how to get the photos at DL.

Thanks

For ride photos, take a picture of your image as you exit the ride. There should be a code on the top. Enter that code into the link photos section on the app.

For photopass photographers, you can pull up the QR code on the app for the photographer to scan.

Looked at the Disneyland app tonight and noticed all Genie+ LL were gone. Every night that I've check, there have always been LL for some of the rides. Looks like more people are getting Genie+ or it's getting more busy. 😬

Looked at the Disneyland app tonight and noticed all Genie+ LL were gone. Every night that I've check, there have always been LL for some of the rides. Looks like more people are getting Genie+ or it's getting more busy. 😬
There is an after-hours event tonight that started at 9 pm and I don’t think Genie+ is offered during those times. Also that’s 3 hours less of LL inventory times to go around for the day guests.

There is an after-hours event tonight that started at 9 pm and I don’t think Genie+ is offered during those times. Also that’s 3 hours less of LL inventory times to go around for the day guests.
Oh ok, that makes sense now why the wait times are so low right now. 😄 I was like, how are the wait times so low when there are no more Genie+.

Oh ok, that makes sense now why the wait times are so low right now. 😄 I was like, how are the wait times so low when there are no more Genie+.
Yes, if something weird like that is going on with Genie + then there's something unique happening. Genie+ availability is pretty consistent day to day otherwise.

FYI - there's another special event and early closure on Thursday this week. DL park actually closes at 8:00 to day guests. That's also why you may notice DCA looking so much worse with wait times because more people are there.

There are no after-hours special events during July so you don't have to worry about it. There is the one impacted morning on 7/21 due to the CHOC Walk, opening each park a bit later.

July park hours and refurbs are now official for the entire month. Haunted Mansion is scheduled to remain closed the entire month, as expected.

We are still waiting on official July 4th info and July 17th bday info. WDW released July 4th info yesterday, so we will hopefully know soon for DLR.

We will be staying at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, July 22-25. My DH and I will be traveling with our DS (22). We have 2 studios booked. We have always stayed with family in Long Beach when visiting DL, so we are looking forward to staying close to the parks this time.

Does anyone have recent reports about when to show up for WOC to get the front (railing/rope) of any section (not near the front) for the 9:00 pm show? We want to be in the front of a section so people are at least below us, but we don't care to be near the very front if that makes sense. Hoping 8:15-8:30 will work.

Does anyone have recent reports about when to show up for WOC to get the front (railing/rope) of any section (not near the front) for the 9:00 pm show? We want to be in the front of a section so people are at least below us, but we don't care to be near the very front if that makes sense. Hoping 8:15-8:30 will work.
What day of the week? It is much easier to get to the front for the second show.

What day of the week? It is much easier to get to the front for the second show.
Thank you. I know the second show would be easier, but it's not an option. We don't want to be at the front, just the front of ANY standing section. For example, I don't care if we're in the back most section, but I want to be in the front of that back section so no one is standing in front of me one the same level ground.

Thank you. I know the second show would be easier, but it's not an option. We don't want to be at the front, just the front of ANY standing section. For example, I don't care if we're in the back most section, but I want to be in the front of that back section so no one is standing in front of me one the same level ground.
For WOC, it is tiered. The middle section (round area) is for the people who had dining packages (Wine Country, Storytellers, etc). The back area is for the dessert party. It is really tough to say how early to get there because it depends on how crowded the park is.

Edit to remove the part about Fantasmic being on weekends only as that appears to have changed. I mentioned that we might do WOC tonight, but I think we are going to do Fire of the Rising Moons instead.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter