🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

Heading to DLR July 18-20. We are visiting our family in the Sacramento area earlier in the week, renting a car and driving down to DLR at the end of the week. It's been about 2 years since we have been. We are originally from Sacramento area and used to have AP's for years. Then moved to Texas and now have AP's to WDW. It will be nice to be back and see all the changes that have been made from 2 years go.

How has the Critter Country and Haunted Mansion closures impacted crowds in the park? Does it feel really crowded? Our plan right now is to get the 3 day Monday through Sunday ticket, one park per day, and get G+. We arrive into town on Thursday, the 18th, around 6pm. We were going to hit DL for the evening until close. Then do DCA on Friday, DL on Saturday to close it out. My wife is starting to think that with Splash (Tiana's) and HM down, that spending the entire day at DL may not be the best option.

My personal opinion is that the only ride that was impacted was Pirates. When they closed HM, they made Pirates Genie + which led to the standby line being very long. When the park is busy, the Pirates standby line extends out to Cafe Orleans. In my opinion, that impacts some of the ambiance of NOS.

Hungry Bear and the walkway to SWGE will close on July 8. That will make the other walkways to SWGE a little more busy, but I don't think it will impact the rest of the park significantly.

Remember, Disneyland has almost the same number of attractions in two parks as WDW has in all four parks.

I just wanted to come on here quickly to say thank you to everyone that has answered and helped me with all my questions! I really appreciate it! We leave tomorrow for California and we could not be more excited! We’ll be in San Francisco and visiting Yosemite for a few days before we head to Anaheim on Sunday with our first park day on Monday. I’ll be sure to report back when we get home. I hope all of you visiting soon have a great trip!

Now I’m off to bed. We need to get up for the airport in five hours. 🤪

I just wanted to come on here quickly to say thank you to everyone that has answered and helped me with all my questions! I really appreciate it! We leave tomorrow for California and we could not be more excited! We’ll be in San Francisco and visiting Yosemite for a few days before we head to Anaheim on Sunday with our first park day on Monday. I’ll be sure to report back when we get home. I hope all of you visiting soon have a great trip!

Now I’m off to bed. We need to get up for the airport in five hours. 🤪
Have a blast!

Surprise! We are extending our Anaheim trip by one night, so we will be in Disneyland for the July 4th festivities. How does "hitting capacity" work with the reservation system? If we leave at noon for a midday break what time should we come back to hopefully not get shut out of the park for the evening hours? I know this was a possibility pre-reservation system, and I can see how same-day ticket buyers or MK reservations would be unavailable, but to me it seems like each reservation would count towards capacity whether you're in the park or not.

Last edited:
Surprise! We are extending our Anaheim trip by one night, so we will be in Disneyland for the July 4th festivities. How does "hitting capacity" work with the reservation system? If we leave at noon for a midday break what time should we come back to hopefully not get shut out of the park for the evening hours? I know this was a possibility pre-reservation system, and I can see how same-day ticket buyers or MK reservations would be unavailable, but to me it seems like each reservation would count towards capacity whether you're in the park or not.
I understand the concern, but I wouldn't worry too much about the parks hitting capacity. It has not yet happened since the reservation system has been in place. There are still reservations available for single and multi day tickets for the 4th. Also, the three lowest levels of MK's are blocked.

Even if the parks were to hit capacity, if you have a DL starting reservation you are likely still able to get in (this is what happened earlier this year at WDW the one time Magic Kingdom hit capacity, but they had recently eliminated their reservation system). Also, there's almost a zero percent chance DCA would hit capacity so you could always head there and see the special WOC pre-show.

Last edited:
Still no formal announcements from DLR about festivities on the 4th, but they have added the 1st Marine Division Band from Camp Pendleton to the official calendar in addition to the Celebrate America fireworks. There is still no formal announcement about the WOC pre-show, but they have done it annually for many years before both showings and this year will likely be the same.

The Marine Band will be performing at DL at 4:15 as part of the flag retreat. The Marine Band will also perform at DCA at 12:45 pm at location TBD (likely check the times guide day of).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest