• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, how do I make my fastpasses for the party? We are not using a park ticket that day and just going to MK at 4:00. Do I link the tickets to a separate MDE account? Or keep it on my regular account? Or make the fastpasses at a kiosk when I get to the park?

First understand there is no difference between having a park ticket or a Party ticket for obtaining fastpasses. Requirements are the same. You have three options which may yield different results:
  • Regular Account / 60 days out / With resort stay
  • Separate Account / 30 days out / Without resort stay
  • Kiosk / Day of
Obviously the first option will give you the best chances to secure FP's for popular attractions, the second might do the same and the third may be a game changer altogether. Equally important are three questions that are unknown at this time:
  • How many FP's are we allowed to add to our party tickets?
  • What time frame they can be made?
  • Will there be consequences after the fact?
We need more data from August party goers which should be happening soon in order to make the best possible decisions. I will state that last year I put my party tickets in a separate account and had no issues like many who added their party tickets in their regular account and for some it resulted in sheer frustration spawning a new thread created by our lovely @Queen of the WDW Scene - Link: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/who-has-had-their-last-day-of-fp-cancelled-due-to-making-fp-from-4pm-6-30pm-with-a-mnsshp-ticket.3622575/"]Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?[/URL]

Although I would be remiss if I didn't caution you as well. This year Disney disabled the "Change Party" feature on the app. Once we find out what is possible this year we'll go through all the itineraries here to fine tune them. :flower3:

I know After Hours and the Halloween Party aren't exactly the same, but when we went to DAH in March we were able to make FPs for the entire day. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to book a FP for 1 pm when you won't be let in until later that day. We ended up booking FPs for 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30 because we weren't let in until close to 6 pm.
This and what @FoxC63 posted just above my comment are perfect examples, you're on the right page
Downside is exactly what was described, the 'beloved' MDE :scared: wreaked havock on so many people's plans last year...best to be flexible on that day at this point
**Edit to fix whatever crazy autocorrect situation therewast

Last edited:
First understand there is no difference between having a park ticket or a Party ticket for obtaining fastpasses. Requirements are the same. You have three options which may yield different results:
  • Regular Account / 60 days out / With resort stay
  • Separate Account / 30 days out / Without resort stay
  • Kiosk / Day of
Obviously the first option will give you the best chances to secure FP's for popular attractions, the second might do the same and the third may be a game changer altogether. Equally important are three questions that are unknown at this time:
  • How many FP's are we allowed to add to our party tickets?
  • What time frame they can be made?
  • Will there be consequences after the fact?
We need more data from August party goers which should be happening soon in order to make the best possible decisions. I will state that last year I put my party tickets in a separate account and had no issues like many who added their party tickets in their regular account and for some it resulted in sheer frustration spawning a new thread created by our lovely @Queen of the WDW Scene - Link: Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Although I would be remiss if I didn't caution you as well. This year Disney disabled the "Change Party" feature on the app. Once we find out what is possible this year we'll go through all the itineraries here to fine tune them. :flower3:

So, it sounds like separate account at 30 days is the way to go, but what do you mean about the change party feature? I am a novice on the app, but we do have a separate account already.

So, it sounds like separate account at 30 days is the way to go, but what do you mean about the change party feature? I am a novice on the app, but we do have a separate account already.
I guess I'm confused why you would use another account? We used our normal account with just after hours tickets and were still able to book FPs for the event. I don't think you need to make a separate account. I think if it doesn't work on your regular account then maybe try on another one, but that would be my backup. You would have fewer things to choose from by having it on a separate account and booking FPs at 30 days instead of 60.

Okay, I read through the thread that was mentioned earlier and I totally understand what you all were trying to say. What a mess! I might try using a separate account so that my regular fast passes won’t be touched. Or just forget about the party FP+. Or maybe add another ticket day? Thanks for the help.

I guess I'm confused why you would use another account? We used our normal account with just after hours tickets and were still able to book FPs for the event. I don't think you need to make a separate account. I think if it doesn't work on your regular account then maybe try on another one, but that would be my backup. You would have fewer things to choose from by having it on a separate account and booking FPs at 30 days instead of 60.

If you read the thread I mentioned in Post #841 you would not be confused at all.

Okay, I read through the thread that was mentioned earlier and I totally understand what you all were trying to say. What a mess! I might try using a separate account so that my regular fast passes won’t be touched. Or just forget about the party FP+. Or maybe add another ticket day? Thanks for the help.

Yep! Big mess! By using a separate account you can still obtain FP's without paying oop for additional park ticket and your regular park FP's are untouched. You would need to scan your Party Ticket at MK entrance then put your magicband on to utilize MM if you have it. Smooth sailing IMO.

I'm thinking your FP window opens in July? I would wait until then before adding party tickets to any account to see what the August party goers are reporting. Regardless, you are only allowed to schedule three FP's per day via MDE.

I wish! hahaha!! Unfortunately, my phone still managed to jack up the correction with another autocorrect fail.

Would there be an advantage to linking party tickets on a separate MDE if they'd be the only active tickets in your regular account? In other words we are not doing any other park days during our visit. We are driving down for the weekend just to do the party. Thanks!

Would there be an advantage to linking party tickets on a separate MDE if they'd be the only active tickets in your regular account? In other words we are not doing any other park days during our visit. We are driving down for the weekend just to do the party. Thanks!
No advantage. If any FPs get cancelled, it will only be party FPs. And if it doesn’t work, it won’t work from any account.

Not so patiently waiting for parade times....which will perhaps answer our dessert party questions!!!

I find it interesting Disney Food Blog is having a difficult time getting answers from Disney regarding if the dessert party at the Plaza includes the parade. Equally interesting is DFB is clearly stating the parade is included in the Terrace package. :confused3

EDIT: If the parade is included this year it will be MOST welcomed! And I would book the Plaza ::yes::

:drive: Have you guys seen the new Junk Food Mickey Mouse items at Target? Ommg, too cute! In an ongoing effort to fill my son's Summer Survival Kit seen on [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-35#post-59179271"]Post #691[/URL] I scored some items from this collection:

Disney Pins $8 each
upload_2018-5-30_15-32-32.png

Pouf $3, Tote bag $15 & Men's Palm Tree shirt $24
upload_2018-5-30_15-34-45.png

The tote bag is substantial in weight, its lined and there is a 9" zippered interior pocket which is not described on the original listing.

The Palm Tree shirt is very light weight and perfect for hot humid weather but fair warning it runs small. DS soon to be 15 years old fits the small perfectly with no room to grow and being 100% cotton it shrunk - a lot. I returned it for a size medium and haven't washed it yet but I'm sure it will fit him with room to spare. DH normally wears a large and I exchanged it for an extra large.

Still need beach towel, swim shorts, sunglasses and at least two board games. If you :magnify: anything, please let me know! Thanks so much! :hug:

:drive: Have you guys seen the new Junk Food Mickey Mouse items at Target? Ommg, too cute! In an ongoing effort to fill my son's Summer Survival Kit seen on Post #691 I scored some items from this collection:

Disney Pins $8 each
View attachment 325977

Pouf $3, Tote bag $15 & Men's Palm Tree shirt $24
View attachment 325980

The tote bag is substantial in weight, its lined and there is a 9" zippered interior pocket which is not described on the original listing.

The Palm Tree shirt is very light weight and perfect for hot humid weather but fair warning it runs small. DS soon to be 15 years old fits the small perfectly with no room to grow and being 100% cotton it shrunk - a lot. I returned it for a size medium and haven't washed it yet but I'm sure it will fit him with room to spare. DH normally wears a large and I exchanged it for an extra large.

Still need beach towel, swim shorts, sunglasses and at least two board games. If you :magnify: anything, please let me know! Thanks so much! :hug:
Did your Target have water bottles? My mom and I each got a water bottle for our trip in October, and we also got Mickey PJ sets.

Did your Target have water bottles? My mom and I each got a water bottle for our trip in October, and we also got Mickey PJ sets.

Thanks! I did see various styles at Target but we have the Grayl water bottles which purifies the water as needed so you don't have to carry a full bottle with you. It's very convenient especially at the parks and light in weight. My men folk take them when camping too. It's a very versatile product.

FYI - They are currently on sale at Back County Gear $46.41 reg. $59.95.

Link: https://www.backcountrygear.com/gra...MIg__oha2u2wIVGLvsCh01nANpEAQYASABEgKU-vD_BwE

we also got Mickey PJ sets.

I purchased these Mickey Mouse pj sets this past holiday...
upload_2018-5-30_18-6-40.png

Worse mistake I ever made! :sad2: After one washing the guys set pilled horribly. The female set was sized incorrectly, Disney was great and tried to help but their product was just bad quality. DS does need new summer weight pj's but I won't be purchasing Disney's, never again. Nope!

I purchased these Mickey Mouse pj sets this past holiday...
View attachment 326026

Worse mistake I ever made! :sad2: After one washing the guys set pilled horribly. The female set was sized incorrectly, Disney was great and tried to help but their product was just bad quality. DS does need new summer weight pj's but I won't be purchasing Disney's, never again. Nope!
We got ours at Target, they were the junk food brand. I haven't washed them yet, but they seem like nice quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter