“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2 Glad to see they added the parade back. Here's the scoop for anyone interested:

::MinnieMo Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Includes: Reserved Parade Viewing, Dessert Party and fireworks at the Plaza Garden.

2018 Event Dates
August 17, 24, 28 and 31
September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 and 30
October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31

Pricing and Reservation Details
This premium package is available for $84 plus tax for Guests ages 10 and older and $50 plus tax for Guests ages 3 to 9. For reservations, you can book online or by calling (407) 939-3463.
Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package/

::MickeyMo Happy Hallowishes Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
Includes: Dessert party held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden.

2018 Event Dates
August 17, 24, 28 and 31
September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 and 30
October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31

Pricing and Reservation Details
This package is available for $69 plus tax for Guests ages 10 and older; $41 plus tax for Guests ages 3 to 9. For reservations, you can book online or by calling (407) 939-3463.
Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package-plaza-view/

Last edited:
I'm VERY inclined to book the plaza garden package, I just need to know for sure if it comes with the parade viewing as well.

I'm VERY inclined to book the plaza garden package, I just need to know for sure if it comes with the parade viewing as well.

On the fence about attending the Sept 9th date. Worried about the weather. It did rain a bit when we went last year in August.

Totally understandable. It was kind of odd too as one poster who tried to get a refund was unsuccessful and many reported no issues. Initially she used online chat, then called - twice but could not get Disney to budge. It's very frustrating.

I wonder how it works when you book a dessert party during MNSSHP and the evening is ruined by bad weather, do you get a refund on both your party ticket AND dessert? That would be a big concern as that is held indoors so weather should not be an issue or an excuse to get refunded. :confused3

If anyone has received a refund on a desert party booked during MNSSHP, please share your experience. I honestly have no clue how this works during inclement weather. Thanks so much!

Parade is not included in the Happy Hallowishes Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing, sorry! :flower3:

Totally understandable. It was kind of odd too as one poster who tried to get a refund was unsuccessful and many reported no issues. Initially she used online chat, then called - twice but could not get Disney to budge. It's very frustrating.

I wonder how it works when you book a dessert party during MNSSHP and the evening is ruined by bad weather, do you get a refund on both your party ticket AND dessert? That would be a big concern as that is held indoors so weather should not be an issue or an excuse to get refunded. :confused3

If anyone has received a refund on a desert party booked during MNSSHP, please share your experience. I honestly have no clue how this works during inclement weather. Thanks so much!
For “regular” parties (at all parks) there is no refund if weather cancels the show, though you are usually given a voucher to return within “x” days. That would be difficult to do with a ticketed event.

It says specifically on the Disney website under the dessert party "Know Before You Go" section that the party will happen rain or shine, even if the fireworks are cancelled.

For “regular” parties (at all parks) there is no refund if weather cancels the show, though you are usually given a voucher to return within “x” days. That would be difficult to do with a ticketed event.

It says specifically on the Disney website under the dessert party "Know Before You Go" section that the party will happen rain or shine, even if the fireworks are cancelled.

On the 2017 MAIN Halloween thread we can all agree the weather was just unbelievable. Disney was so generous giving refunds and other options as reported by many but I do not recall guests reporting if they received a refund for the dessert party as well and was wondering if anyone was successful. That's why I'm asking them to share their experience.

I do understand the terms and conditions when purchasing a party ticket and/or a dessert package, they basically have the same verbiage however party tickets were refunded and Disney made that decision. Again, I'm just wondering if anyone has been successful. :-)

Parade is not included in the Happy Hallowishes Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing, sorry! :flower3:
I saw that after a second reading. I might invest on the premium package anyway. It's expensive but I rather pay the price and save the time!

NEWS

Disney’s Beach Club Resort Now Offering Ceramic Painting Class
Guests can create their own unique masterpieces on Wednesdays from 1-4 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 4-9:30 p.m.
NOTE: Pricing has not been made available as of this posting, but Disney suggests that those interested speak with a Recreation Cast Member at the Resort for details.
Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneys-beach-club-resort-now-offering-ceramic-painting-class/

Updated Guidemaps and Times Guides Coming Soon to Magic Kingdom

Updated guidemaps and Times Guides for Magic Kingdom Park will be available to Guests starting Friday, May 25. The new guidemap features an image of Mr. and Mrs. Incredible on the cover and includes all the new Incredible Summer offerings. The English maps, all five translations, and the Guide for Guests with Disabilities will be updated.
Link: https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/05/updated-guidemaps-and-times-guides.html
Tip: This is a very handy link to earmark!
Hmm I would like to do a ceramics class

I saw that after a second reading. I might invest on the premium package anyway. It's expensive but I rather pay the price and save the time!

I'm sure you've done the pros and cons for this upcharge. Would you be willing to do a review? TIA!

Hmm I would like to do a ceramics class

To be honest I think it's kind of cool too! I would sign up if the ceramics are limited edition and/or the class is taught by a known Disney artist. It would also be nice to know if the classes are broken down by age groups.

We have local shops here that offer adult classes however parents are allowed to bring their kids and at times can be... disruptive. Not sure if that's the right word but it's the first one that comes to mind.

Hey guys!
This is our first Halloween party and I'm a little nervous. I could really use some help with my itinerary. Is there some tweaking you would do?

Party: Sept 7th
Attendees: Me, DH, DD (13), DS(7)-we are Disneybounding as Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, and Piglet

Sleep late and enjoy resort
Lunch Crystal Palace 1:00-enter on regular day ticket
FP+ 2:35-3:35 Buzz
Monsters Inc
People Mover
Astro Orbitor
FP+ 3:55-4:55 Space Mountain
5:00 Pick up treat bags and check in, etc...(Bypass or somewhere else?)
FP+ 5:15-6:15 Tomorrowland Speedway
Teacups
6:40-7:10 Queen of Hearts and Tweedles
7:15-7:45 Lotso
7:45-8:15Check out Scream-o-ween dance party and Trick or treat around Tomorrowland)
8:15 Head to Frontierland to see Gravediggers and Butler and find a spot for parade
8:30-9:35 Parade from Frontierland
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes fireworks from Casey's (maybe decide to stay in Frontierland)
10:30-12:00 Either watch Hocus Pocus or ride more rides in Adventureland/Liberty Square or check Moana line (whatever the kids feel like doing)
(Trick or treat as we go by)

Last edited:
Attendees: Me, DH, DD (13), DS(7)

Hi and :welcome: to the party! I don't see any issues with your plan but let's see if anyone else chimes in. It looks like a lot of fun! I've added your itinerary to the MAIN page for easier access. :-)

Now, how do I make my fastpasses for the party? We are not using a park ticket that day and just going to MK at 4:00. Do I link the tickets to a separate MDE account? Or keep it on my regular account? Or make the fastpasses at a kiosk when I get to the park?

Hey guys!
This is our first Halloween party and I'm a little nervous. I could really use some help with my itinerary. Is there some tweaking you would do?

Attendees: Me, DH, DD (13), DS(7)

Sleep late and enjoy resort
Late lunch at the Boathouse
3:30-4:10 Arrive at MK and head to bypass (treat bags and pics)
FP+ Tomorrowland attraction (3:15-4:15)
FP+ Tomorrowland attraction (4:20-5:20)
FP+ Tomorrowland attraction (5:25-6:25)

After reading this I was going to caution that it might not be possible for FP+ at that third time slot, because the park closes to non-party guests at 6pm. Lots of craziness with FP+ last year for party days but hard to know what troubles there might or might not be this year.

Now, how do I make my fastpasses for the party? We are not using a park ticket that day and just going to MK at 4:00. Do I link the tickets to a separate MDE account? Or keep it on my regular account? Or make the fastpasses at a kiosk when I get to the park?

Then I saw this one, so if you don't have a regular park ticket, then I don't know if you'd be able to get FP+ at all, or for that first time slot, since technically your ticket for the party is a 7pm ticket. Obviously we know from every party in the past guests enter at 4pm on party nights. THat said, once in the park, I would guess FP+ kiosks or MDE would work, but not positive.

I hope I'm not stirring up the pot too much or confusing you, but rather wanted to caution of the possibility you might not get FP+. I'm also 100% positive if I'm in the wrong someone on here will correct me!! ;)

Party wise looks great, you gave lots of flexibility. You might find you enjoy something more than something else and not being totally set on your times will be helpful! You can also plan to just watch the very last Hocus Pocus show (last year last one started AT midnight) and then get everything else done prior. We watched that final one at midnight and it was really awesome plus not as crowded so we could get closer...and had plenty of time to still make our way to resort buses etc :)

I know After Hours and the Halloween Party aren't exactly the same, but when we went to DAH in March we were able to make FPs for the entire day. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to book a FP for 1 pm when you won't be let in until later that day. We ended up booking FPs for 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30 because we weren't let in until close to 6 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter