ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy day! Heading to Pop from 19th-29th and just made final payment! Have everything paid in full, just need to save up a little more spending money. Truly a great feeling!

I did online check in and now you have me worried LOL... have there been horror stories about stuff going wrong? What kind of stuff? I was thinking worst case is we would have to do the whole thing over again once we get there...

We are at 48 days :banana::banana::banana:

I haven't heard horror stories at all! Just some people seem to prefer the in-person check in -- which I thought was me. But now I'm thinking of doing it.

I'm sure if we really looked we could find horror stories for either option, but I haven't heard any for the 60 day check in.

I haven't heard horror stories at all! Just some people seem to prefer the in-person check in -- which I thought was me. But now I'm thinking of doing it.

I'm sure if we really looked we could find horror stories for either option, but I haven't heard any for the 60 day check in.

OLCI used to be 10 days and we used it on our previous trips and had no issues. I think with the 60 days it's to prepare for the MagicBands and MyMagic+ with FastPass+.

Of course, some will complain if they check in online and they aren't greeted with a red carpet and trumpets so I take some of the complaints with a grain of salt. I know when we checked in before we arrived and there was a packet of stuff already together with tickets and such and the CM explained what everything was, where things were at, asked us what we were celebrating, etc. Great experience. I've had longer waits checking in to most other hotels.

Here's the thing with online check in. If you are going at a busy time it could be a real time saver. Otherwise it's not a big deal IMO. However if you choose to do it, and then end up with something you really don't want you could always get back in the regular line I guess.
If I am really picky about where I want to be I do regular check in. If not, I don't mind online.
For this trip at CBR I really want to be just over the bridge in Aruba or Jamaica, which I've already requested so I don't know if I should bother to do it or not.

I've done online check in before and had no issues. This time I'm not doing online check in because we have a one night reservation followed by a 6 night reservation (we weren't able to get the military discount for the first night) so I'd like to wait and try to get the same room for both reservations so we don't have to change. I figure I have a better chance of this happening if I don't do online check in, but I have it noted on my reservations. Here's hoping! We're staying at AoA and weren't able to secure a particular suite, so I'm hoping this also helps us get the same room. I guess even if we have to change rooms at least we'll get to try different sections maybe!

Help! I'm confused. (Not unusual for me at the end of the school year! LOL) I want the limited license with my cd do that I can print my photos elsewhere. Is that included in the PP+? I looked on this link and I don't see that listed. Do I have to buy the $179.00 one? Aaahh...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can still print from wherever with pp+:thumbsup2

OLCI used to be 10 days and we used it on our previous trips and had no issues. I think with the 60 days it's to prepare for the MagicBands and MyMagic+ with FastPass+.

Of course, some will complain if they check in online and they aren't greeted with a red carpet and trumpets so I take some of the complaints with a grain of salt. I know when we checked in before we arrived and there was a packet of stuff already together with tickets and such and the CM explained what everything was, where things were at, asked us what we were celebrating, etc. Great experience. I've had longer waits checking in to most other hotels.

Totally agree with this. We go for online every time with not a problem, yet. Now, they will even greet you (sometimes) by name at the door. They have an iPad app that finds your info. You can just wait in a bench while they get your packet and avoid the lines altogether. Sounds good to me.

I may just do it. Though I have to say, I've never done online check in before, and I've never waited in a long line or had any hassle with the old fashioned way. Maybe I just got lucky all 3 times? :)

To me it seems like something could go wrong either way, and everything could go right either way. I think I'll try it. I suppose if there is some major issue with where we're placed I can always try to resolve it at the front desk. Really it's just that this year has been really tough so far and online check in makes the trip seem that much closer! Silly, I know. But still. :goodvibes

I may just do it. Though I have to say, I've never done online check in before, and I've never waited in a long line or had any hassle with the old fashioned way. Maybe I just got lucky all 3 times? :)

To me it seems like something could go wrong either way, and everything could go right either way. I think I'll try it. I suppose if there is some major issue with where we're placed I can always try to resolve it at the front desk. Really it's just that this year has been really tough so far and online check in makes the trip seem that much closer! Silly, I know. But still. :goodvibes

Disney prides itself on service. Last year we were staying at the AoA LM rooms and the three buildings were Ariel, King Triton and Ursula. My girls are terrified of Ursula (they cling to us during her parts in VOTLM) so I called and requested specifically that we not be in the Ursula building. This was for the sold out week of Thanksgiving. They notated it on the account and we wound up in the Ariel building. Now we had a 2 in 3 chance of not being the Ursula room, but I also did online check in and there wasn't any issue.

This year we're in the Cars suites due to the promotion but I'm going to ask at the desk if there's a way to move to the Nemo suites without paying more. I'm sure if they have availability at that point they will, but if they can't then I'm not going to take it personally. I knew that it was a risk when I moved my room to get the discount.

I'm also curious to see what options we'll get tomorrow.

Got the morning childcare covered through Aug 9th. Woooot Wooooot!!:thumbsup2
Then there's a week with 4 days of no "coverage" :scared: after which we leave for the HAPPIEST :hyper: place on Earth!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't even looked at the calendar to see how many days from our return home until school starts! OY...I won't look, there is no after Disney we will, of course, stay there forever. :cool1:

Momto3gr8boys
Ok, here's a logistical/ethical question. Now, I KNOW the correct answer, and I am very well aware that what I am about to ask would cause 37 pages of debate, name calling and controversy here on the DIS. And that's why I'm asking your opinions (because we've all gotten to "know" each other) and not throwing it out there in the general public.

You know how you feel, you'd have a constant nagging feeling that day and when the kids get caught you'd have a hard time forgiving yourself.

So I just opened the July thread by accident. They're all getting their Mickey Mail! Some of them are leaving in the next two weeks! I'm so jealous!:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

It's our turn next you guys!!!!!!:banana:

Loreli said:
haven't even looked at the calendar to see how many days from our return home until school starts! OY...I won't look, there is no after Disney we will, of course, stay there forever. :cool1:

That's positive thinking! We always say "X weeks until we're at Disney, and y weeks until we're missing it!" We're so pessimistic!

That's positive thinking! We always say "X weeks until we're at Disney, and y weeks until we're missing it!" We're so pessimistic!

Here's a thought to cheer you: once you come home from Disney, you can start counting down to Christmas :santa: .

By the time we return from Orlando, it will be 116 days to December 25th! :banana:

I love Photopass+. I used it for the first time last Oct. There were 10 of us and it was so nice to have pictures of everyone. We did many charater meals and had many ride photos. So, for us it was well worth it. I have already preordered mine. I actually did it the day I booked our trip.

As far as online check in. I did that for the first time in Oct as well. That was when it was 10 days. I didn't have any problems and I got both of my requests. We only had a slight problem when we arrived at the hotel. Like I said there were 10 of us in 3 groups. The hotel (BC) got our KTTW cards mixed up. My inlaws were given our cards and we were given theirs. We all arrived at the same time, so it really was no big deal. I will definitly do online check in again in 9 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter