• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zune brown 30gb 96$ !!

goofyshell

DIS Veteran
I just got the brown Zune 30gb for 100$ off on the dell site!! It is only on the brown one and it's good till next Thursday.

Now-does it come with a charger or do I need to buy one? (Or two, I bought one for dh and one for ds). I am so unsavy at technical things!!

Is there really a big difference in the two? Did I make a mistake?

I wouldn't worry too much. I've done a ton of research and have read mostly positive reviews on the zune. Some people who have owned both Ipods and zunes preferred their zune.

it was in the radio shack ad at that price. The woman in front of me was looking for that. Once inside the clerk said, We don't carry Zunes!! Bad advertising!

Now-does it come with a charger or do I need to buy one? (Or two, I bought one for dh and one for ds). I am so unsavy at technical things!!

If you mean an external charger...one where you can plug it to the wall outlet and charge it...no, it doesn't come with that but your zune is charged when you connect it to the computer through your USB port.

Is there really a big difference in the two? Did I make a mistake?

I own three iPODs (so obviously, a big fan of iPods), but I also own a Zune. I think they are both really great but I really do like that I can also listen to the radio on my Zune when I want to. So I don't think you made a mistake...I think you will be very happy with your Zune. I had some trouble setting it up when I first got it but I called tech support and they were very helpful, and I didn't even have to wait forever to get help!

I purchased a 30GB brown Zune from Buy.com
When it was delivered and the VERY first time I powered, the LCD was cracked.:mad: I sent a note to Buy.com who promptly informed me that it was their policy not to exchange the Zune and that I should contact Microsoft. I called Microsoft and they said the LCD was not covered under the warranty. They said to get it repaired myself. The cost of the repair is the same price I paid for the Zune. I guess I spent the money for a very expensive paperweight. Do a search on the web. I guess I'm not the first person to have this problem. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

When it was delivered and the VERY first time I powered, the LCD was cracked.:mad: I sent a note to Buy.com who promptly informed me that it was their policy not to exchange the Zune and that I should contact Microsoft. I called Microsoft and they said the LCD was not covered under the warranty. They said to get it repaired myself. The cost of the repair is the same price I paid for the Zune. I guess I spent the money for a very expensive paperweight. Do a search on the web. I guess I'm not the first person to have this problem. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

That is horrible, and doesn't seem right to me that they won't replace a brand new zune that arrived with a cracked screen! I would be really upset. I mean it's not like you bought it and dropped it and broke the screen...it came with a broken LCD, so in my opinion they should have replaced it, or take it back and give you a refund for it. I think I would either contact buy.com again and talked to a supervisor/manager...or I would be calling Microsoft and talking to a supervisor until something is done. Sorry that this happened to you.

Originally Posted by dxrehlin View Post
When it was delivered and the VERY first time I powered, the LCD was cracked. I sent a note to Buy.com who promptly informed me that it was their policy not to exchange the Zune and that I should contact Microsoft. I called Microsoft and they said the LCD was not covered under the warranty. They said to get it repaired myself. The cost of the repair is the same price I paid for the Zune. I guess I spent the money for a very expensive paperweight. Do a search on the web. I guess I'm not the first person to have this problem. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

wow. I'd be contacting my credit card company.

We have Zunes here, we have iPODS. For ease of use I prefer the iPODS. For price, the 30GB Zune is a very good deal. I got mine for $85 on a Woot sale and for 30GB that is great.

I load mine up with TV shows that I've missed and watch them while I'm waiting for kids to get done practicing whatever it is they are practicing or to get out of school. The software that comes with it just takes some getting used to, it isn't very intuitive.

That'll be my next course of action. Microsoft told me to contact Buy.com again to ask for an exchange or refund which I did. I'm waiting for a response from Buy.com. If I don't get something from one of the two companies involved, I will be contacting my credit card company. I'm sure this isn't a wide spread problem. You would think that Buy.com or Microsoft would address the problem.

Last Christmas I purchased an electric guitar from Buy.com. When my niece opened it up on Christmas and took it out of the package, we found out one of the knobs was broken on it. By this time, it had been 30 days since I ordered it and buy.com wouldn't even exchange it for us.

I was thinking about ordering the Zune from buy.com because of the good price. I am glad I waited and I have ordered from Dell instead. I am going to try to avoid buy.com from now on.

Maggie

You may have the same problem as me no matter who you order the Zune from. If the LCD breaks, the selling vendor (buy.com or Dell) will tell you to contact Microsoft, who will tell you that the LCD is not covered under the warranty.:sad2:

I wouldn't worry too much. I've done a ton of research and have read mostly positive reviews on the zune. Some people who have owned both Ipods and zunes preferred their zune.

I have a Zune and my kids said they both wished they had a Zune instead of an iPod. I asked them if they could choose between a Zune and a video ipod which would they want and they both said a Zune which was good for me because I got them for a fraction of the iPod price and with a lot more memory. I bought one for each of them. DH is going to load them up with a bunch of movies and music so they will be good to go on Christmas morning. I love my Zune!

The only thing my kids won't be thrilled with is the color -- but there are really cool skins out there so we'll just cover up the color. Check these out:
http://www.istyles.com/skins-zune-skins-c-33_45_285.html

I would dispute the charge on my credit card bill. Take a picture of the damaged Zune and send it with copies of your email messages to your credit card company. They should side with you on this one. That stinks. That is really poor customer service from buy.com. I bought 2 from them and they are fine so far. Sorry that happened to you.

Our local TRU had the 30gb brown zune for $79.99 as a door buster this morning. I went in on Wed eve, bought the 3 items I wanted (all 3 were doorbusters). I charged them so that this morning, I just went in and got a price adjustment. Only 1 person in that line ahead of me. Was in and out of the store in under 5 min. :thumbsup2
I also had a $10 coupon for the zune, so I really only paid $69.99 for it. I had bought it for DD12 but she really wants an MP3. So I may just have to keep it for myself. :lmao: Hope I like it. ;)

I have a Zune and my kids said they both wished they had a Zune instead of an iPod. I asked them if they could choose between a Zune and a video ipod which would they want and they both said a Zune which was good for me because I got them for a fraction of the iPod price and with a lot more memory. I bought one for each of them. DH is going to load them up with a bunch of movies and music so they will be good to go on Christmas morning. I love my Zune!

The only thing my kids won't be thrilled with is the color -- but there are really cool skins out there so we'll just cover up the color. Check these out:
http://www.istyles.com/skins-zune-skins-c-33_45_285.html[/QUOTE

Yesterday I purchased 2 bown zunes for my boys on the dell website. I figured $96 was too great a price to pass up. I was hoping TRUS would make them available online for the $79.99 price but they didn't so Dell had the next best price.
Can you really download movies?? What site do you use to download?

Thank you for the link to the zune skins. I don't know much about Mp3's and Ipods, zunes etc. I didn't realize they had skins for them. That's great. I think I'll order a few for the boys for Christmas. It will make getting the brown not so bad.
Thanks again!!

I too have purchased the brown (which is a color I LOVE, btw) Zunes. One for DD who's bday is today:banana: and the other for myself:rolleyes1 . I haven't opened mine yet, but DD will be getting hers today to we will play with it. One I purchased from Buy.com for 89 using google and saving $10 and the other was also from buy.com for 69 using their Visa and saving $30. Prices I too couldn't pass up:thumbsup2 I am really interested in learning how to load it with movies for her. So any help would be appreciated! I know I've posted numerous times on this topic, but I'm still confused:confused3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter