• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zune brown 30gb 96$ !!

I really appreciate you posting this here, because I wanted one, but couldn't justify paying $200 for one. DH bought me one and I bought him one, but unfortunately it says I won't get them until around Feb 1, 2008, but that is okay, since I am saving $200. We also ordered one of the cases for each of us.

Suzanne princess:

I'm glad you were able to get them:thumbsup2 I just gave my DD hers on Saturday and we are having fun loading it. Still learning about it though. She just loves it and never thought she'd have one (she's right, but I got it at a great price). Enjoy yours!

For all of you that have one, do you have the FM transmitter for the car? How does it work? I've read mixed reviews, and before I spend $80 on it, I'd like to know that some people have had luck with it. I live in an area with few radio stations, so I would think interference wouldn't be an issue.

Jen

For all of you that have one, do you have the FM transmitter for the car? How does it work? I've read mixed reviews, and before I spend $80 on it, I'd like to know that some people have had luck with it. I live in an area with few radio stations, so I would think interference wouldn't be an issue.

Jen

Do you mean I have to have that transmitter thing to access the radio? Well, that just stinks then.

Suzanne princess:

I don't know if you need anything to use the radio part of the Zune. I meant the one so I can use my car radio to play the music I store on the Zune. Sorry!

If you mean an external charger...one where you can plug it to the wall outlet and charge it...no, it doesn't come with that but your zune is charged when you connect it to the computer through your USB port.

Great - this was what I was wondering, too. I didn't want to think I was getting a great deal on a Zune for DH's Xmas stash and then find out I needed to buy an expensive external charger. Knowing you charge it thru your computer is awesome.

I also recently purchased the Brown Zune and am loving it! I bought a program called Cucusoft that allows me to convert DVDs directly to MP4 format that can be synced to the Zune.

There is an external plug available for the Zune, I bought mine at Staples last month. Its made by a company called Monster. The USB plugs into the end of the wire, and the other end goes into the wall. I don't always travel with my laptop and wanted the option to charge my Zune while away.

There is also an FM transmitter, similar to the one Ipod used. I also saw it at Staples, but I'm not interested in that.

Yesterday I bought a leather Zune cover from Target that was on sale for $10. There have been concerns about the LCD screen, so I thought it was a good price for something that would protect my Zune. I don't know if they're available at the store, but the ordered one can be returned to the store, so I figured it was a good investment.

Good luck everyone on their new Zune!

I ordered 3 brown Zunes from J&R Music World for $100. each. I was having a hard time finding a company that would ship to Canada so I didn't have a lot of choices. I was very happy with the service I received from them, and the Zunes arrived on Friday. I went Black Friday shopping in Watertown, NY on Friday (2 hour drive from Ottawa) and bought a pack of 3 skins (red, black and white) for $19.99 at FYE. I also bought an armband case for my husband to use with his when he's running. I hope everybody likes them, I just couldn't justify paying twice as much for the Ipods.

Hasn't anyone purchased the FM transmitter for their car? We have a CD in the car that plays one at a time and I wanted to be able to have all of our music on one Zune! I have also read mixed reviews on them and wondered if anyone here bought one. Thanks!

I haven't done this for the Zune, but for the iPod. We have a converter that is a cassette tape. You stick the cassette tape into your tape player of the car and then plug the other end into your iPod. The sound is great. I read that the cassette version is much better than the FM Transmitter thing. I actually was in a car where a girl was trying to play her iPod using the FM transmitter thing and we couldn't find a station where it would work well.

So, if they have a cassette version for the Zune, I would go with that.

Maggie

Neither of our cars has a cassette player. :sad2:

Circuit City had the 30gb brown Zune for $99 on BF. They even offered that price online on the day before Thanksgiving. What makes it even better is that they gave us a black one instead of the brown. :goodvibes

I'm liking it so far, but I have no Ipod experience, so I don't know how they compare.

I haven't done this for the Zune, but for the iPod. We have a converter that is a cassette tape. You stick the cassette tape into your tape player of the car and then plug the other end into your iPod. The sound is great. I read that the cassette version is much better than the FM Transmitter thing. I actually was in a car where a girl was trying to play her iPod using the FM transmitter thing and we couldn't find a station where it would work well.

So, if they have a cassette version for the Zune, I would go with that.

Maggie

I bought the generic cassette adapter (it had a USB adapter) from Wal-Mart for $15 and it works great with my Zune.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter