Zebra domes?????

guess1928

Mouseketeer
where at in the AKL do you find these zebra domes? we are staying there in Sept and I've heard way to much about these to not try one

available aa part of the Boma buffet and can be purchased at Mara's which is next to Boma.

And what are they?? I have heard how good they are, even seen a picture somewhere. But what are they? We are going to Boma in Sept.

Not only can you purcharse them at Mara (the CS restaurant @AKL), they count as a dessert or a snack on the DDP!

One of the activities at AK Lodge is a tour of the restaurants. (Just Boma and Jiko, and they don't include any non-public areas.) When we did the tour, we got to sample a 'Dome or two each.

So it's possible to try out a Zebra Dome for free! (Can't guarantee that this is *always* done, or even that it is anything beyond "rare". But it did happen on our tour.)

Getting Zebra Domes from the Mara to bring home with us is a must do!
I think it is a package of six for around $4. They are in the refrigerator section.

I got them at Mara when we stayed at AKL & they made quite the yummy breakfast on the balcony every morning.;) I would go get on my way up to the room at night.

Kae

Can't wait to pick up some on our honeymoon. And by the way, I my stomach litterally just growed when I saw this thread! Yummy!

I just asked my friend who went last year and he bought some at AK , at a counter service type place (his words)...

Zebra Domes are the most wonderful thing in this entire world, IMHO.

If you go to Mara, which is right next to the pool at AKL, they are in a refrigerated case with the salads, beverages, other desserts etc....They come in a 5 pack and are either one snack credit or about $3.50 cash.

I Googled the recipe and found it, but it seems really hard to make, lots of different steps. Next time there is a special occasion I am going to try to make them.

Have fun and eat some for me!!

We bought a six pack at Mara and on our last day there trashed four of them. We didn't care for them and I love junk food. To each is own. I would rather have a Mickey ice cream sandwich. I thought the domes would have been more expense e. Hope you like them

So looking forward to tryin these in Sept when we are there. They sound relish does anyone know where I can see pics?

I too was disappointed in them! I picked them up for the Mara after Boma Breakfast and was shocked to find out you had to eat them with a fork. I thought the outer edge was supposed to be harder. The flavor was pretty good but we took them with us to the park to eat and I had to get a fork because they were falling apart if I tried to pick them up. The liquor taste was not that strong though if anyone is worried about that.

The best dessert I tried was the Oreo Bon Bons at the Cape May buffet =) YUMMMMY

So looking forward to tryin these in Sept when we are there. They sound relish does anyone know where I can see pics?

There is a thread somewhere on here that has pictures of the food on it. I subscribed to it, but haven't figured out how to post the link. Can anyone help me out with this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter