• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're going to have to roll me down Main St, 9 days of Disney dining with extra's

kstgelais4

DIS Veteran
Hello all! I have gotten so much information from reading past dining reports, so I thought I would return the favor and also re-live my trip at the same time! Here goes nothing!!
But first let me introduce ourselves!

This trip was just my DH and I! We were celebrating our 15th anniversary. This is the first time we have been away since our honeymoon!
I'm Kelly :wave: I am a work from home mom of 7, who very much needed this time away with my hubby ;)
My favorite foods are seafood and mushrooms, but I will literally try anything and generally like it too.
My DH is Rob and he works really hard for us and needed this vacation just as much! We missed our kids like crazy, but were so thankful to have this time together. HIs favorite foods are shrimp, bacon, and meat. LOL :rotfl:

And now, the lineup!!!

March 3
Dunkin Donuts at PVD
Tangierine Café
Karamel Kuche
Everything Pop

March 4
Trails End Breakfast
Be our Guest lunch
Gaston's Tavern
Earl of Sandwich

March 5
Landscapes of Flavors AOA
Flower and Garden booths
Sunshine Season's
Des Halles
Boardwalk Bakery
Cape May Café

March 6
Everything Pop
Beastly Kiosk
Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafe's
Wolfgang Puck Express
Goofy's candy Co

March 7
Columbia Harbor House
Be our Guest Dinner
Aloha Isle

March 8
Sunshine Season
Karamel Kuche
Flower and garden booth
Landscapes of Flavors

March 9
Everything Pop
Starring Rolls
ABC Commissary
Anaheim Produce
Ohana

March 10
Everything Pop
Lard Lad (universal)
Krusty Burger Universal
Three Broomsticks UIoA
snacks at Universal and UIoA

March 11
Everything Pop
ABC Commissary
Everything Pop
SNACK CREDITS!

STAY TUNED!

Looking forward to your reviews, Kelly!

7 kids and you work? You are my idol! Lol! I work at home with two kids and I can't keep up with everything!!!

Our flight left really early on our arrival day. I was kind of excited about that because we were able to get a pretty full day in at Epcot.
We got to the Airport a little before 5 am for a 6:40 flight. I didn't eat breakfast of course because it was too dang early! I decided to grab something from Dunkin Donut's before we began to board the plane. When I got over there the line was about 50 people deep! I almost didn't wait but I'm glad I did, because they were very efficient and I was back to my seat within 15 minutes.
DH didn't want anything. I think he wasn't fully awake until we landed in Orlando. LOL. But I got: an everything bagel toasted with veggie cream cheese, hash browns, and a caramel iced coffee. I was glad to see that the prices were exactly the same as my local Dunkin and it cost me $5.91 for everything.
I saved them for the flight and ate only half the bagel and everything else. It was pretty yummy.
On the flight they served strawberry cereal bars and beverages. I got orange juice and DH got a coffee which he said was "OK". He is pretty picky about his coffee. He ate my cereal bar.
After we landed, climbed on the magical express, and arrived at our resort, We checked in and our room was already ready!! It was only about 10:45 when we arrived, so I was really surprised! Rob wanted to head over to Epcot and just eat when we got there. We were pretty hungry when we got into the park since it was probably about 7:30 am when we had eaten last.
We used out FP for Soarin first, then headed over to WS to use out the first of our dining credits. We decided to each pick a meal and then share. I headed to Tangierine Café where I chose the:
Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter - served with side of Hummus, Tabouleh and a Tangierine Couscous Salad with fresh Moroccan bread $14.99,
a large lemonade, and baklava.

This got 4 thumbs up from DH and I! I have gotten it before, and everything was fresh and delicious again! The lamb and chicken were cooked perfectly, the Tzaziki (sp?) sauce on the meat was so delicious. I wish there was more. DH isn't a fan of hummus so he just tasted it and said it was OK, he loved the pita, it was soft and warm, and I thought the Tabouleh was yummy! Tangy and perfect! The couscous was also delicious. The baklava was also good although I would have preferred room temp instead of chilled like they served it. The total for this meal was $22.59

After we finished this we realize we were full and didn't need to split something else. So we walked around for a bit until we saw Karamel Kuche! I knew what I was getting before I even went in! I came out with this beauty!

Omagherd!!!! This was every bit delicious as everyone said it would be! I never thought that this combo would be so incredibly satisfying and yummy. Rob didn't even get a bite. I inhaled this sucker. So sweet and juicy on the inside with a perfect combination of caramel and chocolate on the inside. YUMMMMMMMMM! I wish I would have brought some home. This snack was
$4.79 after tax.
After a full day at Epcot we headed back to Pop. We had been up since 4 am, so we decided to grab dinner at the food court and eat in our room and rest up for our first MK day.
We got our new mugs and grabbed our dinner. We each grabbed a bottled drink for the morning or the park and filled our mugs with something else. We ended up with:

Shrimp and Cheesy Grits - Shrimp, chorizo and harissa baked and served with cheesy grits $11.99

Pork Shank - with house-made mashed potatoes $11.79
Honest Ade and Strawberries with chocolate and cream

Strawberry milk with tie dye cheesecake

I ordered the shrimp and grits. I am not from the south so I don't know what grits are really supposed to be like, but I really enjoyed this. I ate almost all of it. It was really delicious. The Harissa was the perfect addition to the perfectly cooked shrimp which there was no shortage of. I'm sorry I didn't order it again! I saved the honest ade for the parks, and ate the strawberries for breakfast a couple days later. They were perfectly OK.

DH loved the pork shank, and it was HUGE! He said the mashed potatoes were good, very homestyle with some lumps, but the gravy was blah. I had a bite, and I have to agree. It was lacking flavor. He ate almost all of the shank, but left most of the potatoes. He ate the cheesecake for dessert, but was really disappointed. It was nothing like what we had gotten last time we were there. This one had a cookie crust for the bottom and you could taste the dye.
The last time it was red velvet on the bottom and I remember it tasting so much better.

We also filled our mugs for the first time. Rob got coffee, which started his search for some decent coffee over the next week. He isn't a fan of Starbucks and was really missing his Dunkin coffee. I filled mine with Tea which was refreshing :) The total for this meal was $40.41 before the mugs, $78.59 after.

Stay tuned for our next day at Magic Kingdom!

Subbing, can't wait to read your Dining Report :cool1:
Thanks for joining me! :)
Looking forward to your reviews, Kelly!

7 kids and you work? You are my idol! Lol! I work at home with two kids and I can't keep up with everything!!!
Haha! Who said I keep up with everything? My house is currently in shambles around me as I am sitting here writing this report instead of picking up ;)
joining in...it all sounds sooo yummy!!
Thanks for joining in! I hope you like it!
I'm in!! Can't wait to read more
Thanks for joining me!

popcorn::popcorn::
We were headed off to the Magic Kingdom today! But first we were off to try a place that we had never tried before! Trails End at the Fort! We had a little bit of an issue with transportation. I had wanted to get to the Fort around 7:45 so we could eat and then get to MK right as it was opening. I knew that we could take the bus to MK, and hop on the resort boat launch to the Fort. When we got there the launch was closed. I asked the closest CM about it and he told me that it was closed because of the weather :confused: It was gorgeous and sunny. So I asked him how to get there and he said to take the bus. When I pointed out that Ft. Wilderness doesn't have a bus stop at MK, he just scratched his head :confused3 So I found a bus driver who told me to hop on the Wilderness Lodge bus, and take the Fort bus from there. Phew... So we hopped on the next bus to the Lodge and waited about 15 min for a bus to the Fort. The driver was great and dropped us right near Trails End.
SO we arrived approximately 1 hour and 15 min after we left our resort. LOL.
Ah well...
We asked for a table for 2 at the podium, and there was no problem seating us immediately. As a matter of fact, there were maybe 5 other tables in the whole place. Possibly one of WDW's best kept secrets???
We were shown to our table, and immediately asked what we would like for our beverages by our waitress. DH ordered a coffee and I ordered OJ and Cranberry juice. We got up and helped ourselves to the buffet! It was not a huge buffet, but had plenty of great options!

http://i49.pho
tobucket.com/albums/f253/kstgelais4/IMG_0882_zps77313e25.jpg

I filled my plate with goodies and ended up with this:
Starting at 12 o clock right behind the jar...
citrus Quinoa salad, pulled pork eggs benedict, smoked beef hash, Mickey waffle with pecan praline sauce, and a strawberry yogurt parfait with fresh berries and granola.
I don't think there was a bad thing on this plate! I went back for seconds on the quinoa salad and the beef hash. I never thought I would love and eat quinoa for breakfast but it was incredibly delish!! The pulled pork benny was different, but really tasty! Definitely an indulgent breakfast treat. The waffle was fresh, and the sauce made it divine! The parfait hit the spot, and I thought it was a cool novelty for a breakfast buffet.
I also grabbed this:

moonshine!
I would have never asked for OJ or Cran juice if I knew this was on the buffet. It was heavenly juice! I forgot to write down exactly what was in it, but it was like a Orange/pineapple/passion fruit blend. So yummy!

This was DH's plate:

He was being a fart, and wouldn't let me get a photo of it. But he had a pulled pork benedict, waffles with regular syrup, and beef hash. He loved it all. He especially loved the benedict. He went and got seconds of that and a blueberry muffin which I didn't get a photo of.
I also got seconds of the hash, quinoa, and then I grabbed a pecan cinnamon bun which was still gooey and warm! Yum!
While we were eating, the Chef came to our table to chat with us and ask us how we enjoyed everything and if there was anything else we wanted. He was great and I loved that he took the time to ask us. I wish I snapped a pic with him!
Our total WITH tax and tip was only $40 total!!! It is an incredible value for a breakfast buffet in Disney and the food was a whole heck of a lot better than some of the others we have been to. It is on our must do list for next trip!

Day 2 to be continued...

Joining in! I love dining reports! We are starting to look at our ADRs for our next trip and dreaming about Disney food has me starving! :)

Great start - rare to see reviews of Trails End. Can't wait for more :)
It is rare to see them! Probably because no one eats there! I mean it when I say it was EMPTY! Seriously a diamond in the rough. It's on our must do list for next trip!
Joining in! I love dining reports! We are starting to look at our ADRs for our next trip and dreaming about Disney food has me starving! :)
Me too! And I just got back! LOL
Thanks for sharing your TR.
so glad you are here! :)

Great review!! Looks like a great trip

Thanks! It was a fabulous trip!!

Looks great, good to know it isn't too lacked over there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Loving your reviews :)

How lovely to have a kid free trip with just your hubby, with 7 kids I think you definitely deserve it :goodvibes

Looks great, good to know it isn't too lacked over there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
:wave: No, it was pretty well stocked!

Loving your reviews :)

How lovely to have a kid free trip with just your hubby, with 7 kids I think you definitely deserve it :goodvibes
Well, I wouldn't say I deserved it, but I certainly felt like I NEEDED it! :rotfl:
Love the breakfast pics of the entire buffet - thanks!
Your welcome :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your reviews! I'm thinking of doing Trail's End on our Anniversary May 1, (romantic huh :rotfl2: ) depending on what time we get up it would either be breakfast or lunch!

Other reviews look good! I can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter