Your opinion on teen motherhood

princess_adriela

Earning My Ears
hi everyone my names adriela n yes ima teen mom.....

i just wanted to knw your opinion about teens who are either pregnant or have kids already? what do you think when you see a girl with a baby in her arms in like the grocery store or the mall? i ask because i got pregnant at 15 n i would get these looks from older ladies like they were judging me n i hated it:mad:

so.....tell me what you think?:confused3

i just wanted to knw your opinion about teens who are either pregnant or have kids already? what do you think when you see a girl with a baby in her arms in like the grocery store or the mall? i ask because i got pregnant at 15 n i would get these looks from older ladies like they were judging me n i hated it:mad:

They have the right to judge you! A 15 year old shouldn't be doing it, and even if they are you should be using a condom and a pill and a shot etc. I think teens, no matter how mature are never ready to be a parent.

I think my views on it depends on the person and how they handle it.
Some people can make the best out of the situation and have a supporting family/friends.
Yes, I may think they're a bit irresponsible, but giving them dirty looks isn't going to change what they did. All it does is makes them more miserable, and that is not productive, or worthwhile.

This doesn't seem like it's going to end well.
But I agree with Shelton123, you shouldn't be having sex at 15.

Edit: Hilary said it much better than me. I agree with her. haha...

They have the right to judge you! A 15 year old shouldn't be doing it, and even if they are you should be using a condom and a pill and a shot etc. I think teens, no matter how mature are never ready to be a parent.

Wow.
That was an INCREDIBLY RUDE! comment. How in the hecks sake do you know she didn't use a condom and it broke?
Oh, that's right - you don't!

Dang. I don't even know how to answer this question - I'm too busy being heated about those who think so naively like the one above. :sad2:

I really think people are going to stare because it is not something most people accept. If it was me I wouldn't stare because even though I know I wouldn't do it or get myself into that situation everyone is different and everyone makes mistakes. Does that mean if we make mistakes we should shun people, I don't think so.

well, i have two friends that are pregnant right now.
one is 16 and one is 17.
one of them just got married two weeks ago to the baby's father, and i think she could handle having a kid quite well.
i think that her marriage will work as well, because these two are very much in love with each other.

they other girl... not so much.
she can't take care of herself, much less a child.
she is far to immature.

i guess it all depends on the situation.
i am never one to judge someone i don't really know.
especially when i don't know the whole story.

i also agree you shouldnt be having sex at 15.
but it was YOUR decision. the only thing WE can do is reflect on it.

That is EXTREMELY rude. No one has the right to judge anyone. Whether you should be "doing it" or not. People still do. It's reality, teens have sex, and teens get pregnant. My best friend had a child in Febuary, two weeks before she turned 16. Like yourself(shelton123), if you still call it "doing it" then yeah, maybe your not ready. In my head, I've been with the same guy for almost a year; I'm not saying I'm ready, but the subject has came up with him..

Just because teen mothers are not 'right' for society, everyone has to except it at some point. It's not like they can completely get rid of it. I think teen mothers are extremely strong women, I could not take care of another human being. Even though you made a choice one night.. right or wrong you shouldn't be judged because of it. So props to you :)

I wish you and your child well. :)

I think it is unfortunate ... because teenagers have a lot of growing up to do .. and its unfortunate to see a young girl given the responsibility of another life when she in essence has no support system .. or wya of making a means .. it just takes away the innocence of the girl ... and if unplanned shows irresponsibility.

As long as the baby is well taken care of it is not bad. But i still do not believe teens should have children so young, but itt is their choices.

I am almost 15 now. My mom had me when she was 15, and honestly as your child gets older, well alot of people knew my mother was young and they alwaays come off with rude comments towards me for it. Like my mom was a slut.. ect. It gets annoying, yeah my mom made a mistake but ive always been well taken care of and shes done more with her life then most people ever do. Personally Teen parenthood isnt my best opinion but things happen and you just have to deal with the way life comes at you. Hope this helps :]]]

I think it's sad that teenagers have babies and have sex without protecting, but you'd see pigs fly before you'd see my rolling my eyes at them. I think teens who decide to take care of their baby are incredibly brave, and I support them.

It's really unfortunate some people are so immature that they give you dirty looks, but I'm glad you're making the best out of your situation.

:hug:

I dont think its a good thing, but I admire their bravery. It takes a lot to not get an abortion or give the baby up for adaption

I think it's sad that teenagers have babies and have sex without protecting, but you'd see pigs fly before you'd see my rolling my eyes at them. I think teens who decide to take care of their baby are incredibly brave, and I support them.

It's really unfortunate some people are so immature that they give you dirty looks, but I'm glad you're making the best out of your situation.

:hug:

They could have used protection, but it might not have worked

The only way to insure not getting pregnant is to not have sex

This doesn't seem like it's going to end well.
But I agree with Shelton123, you shouldn't be having sex at 15.

ITA, pregnancy happens because of sex. If you arent ready to be a parent or raise a child then you shouldnt be having sex. Im going to be 15 in august and there is no way I could take care of a child.

But thats just how I feel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter