Your FEET!

I don't know about you guys, but my feet KILL me during our stay. What do you guys/gals do to keep your feet from feeling sore?

This is what my feet look like after a day at MK..uhgg.. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8YUkJPY31Tc/SGCMY-l2KzI/AAAAAAAAAFo/h-GhLWRqekA/s400/IMG_1980e.jpg

I had the same problem. new sneakers, old sneakers, cheap sneakers, nikes, new balance you name it... suffered for years.

they are not cheap. I have a pair I leave in the purple locker.(in a big zip lock bag) and a pair a wear down.

pick up a pair of mizuno prophecy 2 sneakers. its the only thing I wear when waling around wdw and my feet, legs and back don't bother me a bit. :thumbsup2

I don't know about you guys, but my feet KILL me during our stay. What do you guys/gals do to keep your feet from feeling sore?

This is what my feet look like after a day at MK..uhgg.. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8YUkJPY31Tc/SGCMY-l2KzI/AAAAAAAAAFo/h-GhLWRqekA/s400/IMG_1980e.jpg

My first thought was not enough water and too mcuh salt. If your diet differs at home from your trip at Disney, you may want to try monitor what you are eating at the parks also.

ALL my joints feel swollen when I have too much soda/tea/coffee and not enough water. That is my first clue to increase my water intake.

Like someone else mention elevating your feet.

As a runner I am a big believer in ice baths.

Works on an aching body as I sit in it.

I would definitely try it for my feet.

As for any types of cramps I find potassium really helps and I get that in bananas and coconut water.

I always wore my running shoes at Disney in years past but this was my first visit in real heat (we used to always go in oct/nov). It's been really humid and low 90s all week. I wore my five year old Birkenstocks because I was so hot. I really worried about blisters but have none and my feet are really happy.

I love croc athens and sneakers. Good sneakers. Rotate them out. Don't wear the same thing everyday.

Watch the SALT intake. At WDW this can be difficult but sodium equals swelling.

Drinks TONS of water to combat the sodium.

Ice water soaks, elevation, NSAIDs, and Watkin's or Burt's Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion ( which I keep in the fridge, BTW ! ).

I bring a really good (new but broken in) pair if flip flops and running shoes and switch midday. Worked great

I needed this thread. lol. I broke 3 metatarsals in my left foot almost 2 years ago and it hurts a lot to this day if I do a lot of walking. I've been walking more in anticipation of our trip but I'm really, really worried about the pain I'm going to be in.

Ice water soaks, elevation, NSAIDs, and Watkin's or Burt's Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion ( which I keep in the fridge, BTW ! ).

Isn't it funny how one person's pleasure is another's poison? Just the thought of putting my feet in an ice water soak makes my toes cramp! LOL!

A nice warm soak, putting me feet on the bubbling jets in the tub is my cure-all. That, and Yoga-toes.

I run and good wicking socks will save you they aren't hot at all. But you need to try several pairs. I have horrible feet, narrow and pronation.

I wear narrow running shoes and Bal-ga socks. They are padded it my feet never sweat. My DH and I wear Sauconys but you need to get personally fitted for a walking shoe at a place like Fit to Run that was recommended.

I also use 110% compression ice kits. Like an ice bath but you place the ice packs where you need them. I had a nasty stress fracture a few years ago that will flair up after all the WDW standing and distance running. They are awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter