Your FEET!

I'm in the same boat. Had decent sneakers, walked every evening at least 1 mile/day for months before leaving with no issues. At the parks, my feet got worse and worse. By the end of the week, I don't think I could have handled another day...

I have bunions and problem feet. I swear by Crocs. My feet will be sore after a long day, but they never hurt.

I do wear crocs too but I look "goofy" in em'..very comfy but at times they start to chafe...

I have RA and it's the worst in my feet. I wear sketchers go walks and they are so comfortable. 4 days non stop in WDW last year, and a few one day trips to Disneyland and my feet are fine. I swear by them.

I bring several pairs of shoes/flip flop and switch them at least once a day. If we go back to the room I will switch them at that point too. It seems to help because the cushioning of the shoe can get compacted with all the walking.

I bring two pairs of sneakers and wear one during the day and switch to the other pair at night. I also lay on the floor or bed and put my legs up against the wall for a little while. It seems to help combat the fatigue somewhat. And I put blister block on every day. We also try to take a pool 1/2 day every 3-4 days which seems to help.

Good shoes are the number one solution. Other things that help me:

-I have a standing desk at work. So I'm used to standing pretty much all day, every day. As a result, my feet are not so likely to get as tired. (This is a beneficial side effect, though, not the reason I got my desk. :))

-I use Yoga Toes to stretch my feet each night. Pop those things on when I get back to the room, prop my feet up on pillows and relax. Feels so much better.

-A cold soak in the tub is helpful. This trip I might also bring some Epsom salts.

-A foot massager--the kind you roll on the floor with your foot--can also work wonders. (I keep one at my standing desk, too!)

Here are some things I do:

Bring several different pairs of shoes that are broken in.
Switch your shoes once a day so you are only wearing each pair a half day.
Use blister block or some kind of chafing cream.
I take ibuprofen for pain.
Put feet up to rest half way through day. (we always take an afternoon break).

I like to wear my flips flops in the morning and switch them with my sneakers for the evening. By then my feet are ready for the support plus the socks help cushion and keep them warm in the evening hours.

The best I've done, have been with New Balance Minimus Running Shoes. Light as a feather and almost felt like I was walking shoeless..:cool1:

My feet and back used to kill me after walking for longish periods of time. I discovered I needed good arch supports. I didn't go pay $300 for custom, but I did pay about $50 for the Good Feet (I think that's the brand name) supports. I can switch them from shoe to shoe, and they have helped tremendously. My running shoe store sells them.

I have RA and it's the worst in my feet. I wear sketchers go walks and they are so comfortable. 4 days non stop in WDW last year, and a few one day trips to Disneyland and my feet are fine. I swear by them.

I read sooooo many reviews on the Dis about sketchers go walks. So I got some. I HATED THEM! They are light, but for me they had no arch support. My arches burned by the end of the day. Luckilly some cheap Dr. Scholl's arch support inserts saved the day or I would have died. Moral of the story is, where your shoes lots before you go!

The best I've done, have been with New Balance Minimus Running Shoes. Light as a feather and almost felt like I was walking shoeless..:cool1:

I've grown to love those hideous Vibram 5 Fingers. So so weird looking, but very comfortable. Unfortunately, they take a long time to get used to, and I wouldn't recommend just going to buy a pair for disney without months of wear first.

How come no one has mentioned socks? Merely changing your socks and keeping your feet dry can make a huge difference in preventing blisters. If someone in your travel party carries a bag into the parks, throw some extra socks in there and change them throughout the day.

Also, for the Croc wearers, have you tried wearing socks with your Crocs? I'm always in awe of people who go sockless with Crocs, I can't go 2 minutes before I get a blister, but a add a pair of socks and I can wear Crocs for days.

My mom wore the sketchers go walks the whole time and she loves them. But she normally wears them everyday. I wore olukai flip flops they have a nice arch. My feet sweat so I need to have air! Haha

Also, for the Croc wearers, have you tried wearing socks with your Crocs? I'm always in awe of people who go sockless with Crocs, I can't go 2 minutes before I get a blister, but a add a pair of socks and I can wear Crocs for days.

Another vote for socks with Crocs! I wear the "no show" shorty socks with mine and my feet haven't been sore since. The fashion police (and my DH) all have cardiac arrests but I'm comfy. :thumbsup2

Socks are a No-No for me. We go in the dead of summer and it's just way too warm for them.. Maybe the Disney folk can install a few of those foot vibrator thingies throughout the parks... would be nice....maybe I'm just Imagineering...:cloud9:

If any of you have heard the old saying "You get what you pay for," take it seriously. If you narrow your choices down to two shoes and one pair costs $10 more than the other but got higher ratings for comfort too, it's usually worth it. And I do NOT recommend knockoffs. Learned the hard way that they HURT so bad that you might as well have your husband/wife put your foot in a steel vise and clamp it shut! I bought some cheapo fake Nike Airs and took a vacation in the Caribbean a thousand years ago and never forgot how badly my feet hurt. Bought the Real McCoy when I got back although it cost a pretty penny but the foot problems went away. The old saying is true You get what you pay for!

Usually my feet are killing me by the end of the first day. This past trip I had no pain whatsoever. I bought a new pair of New Balance shoes about a month before the trip and wore them every day to break them in. I took 4 Motrin in the morning and 4 before going to bed and I wore 2 pair of socks. Now my athletes foot (one foot) was terrible because of the 2 pair of socks and gym shoes but that's a whole different issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter