Your feedback needed

kman1011

Mouseketeer
Ok we are going back to wdw in feb 2006, we went last feb, me, my wife and two sons who were 4 and 6, we stayed at disney movies. We used the pool once, and used early admittance I believe once. We also rented a car. Now I am trying to figure out the next trip, it will be our 3 boys, whoat the time will be 6, 3.5, and 8.5. Shoulsd we saty on site(suggestion?) or we had also thought of getting a vacation home and inviting parents down, who would then bring our daughter with (1 at the time of upcomng trip.) We could then do universal possibly to? What are your thoughts

So glad to be back at these boards!!!

Well it doesn't seem liked you used your resort or the Extra Magic Hours too much .Since you're thinking of taking your in laws and visiting other parks a vacation home might be a better choice so y'all can have more room.Some of the vacation homes even come with a pool. :sunny:

Before you deside on going to Universal, make sure you feel it will be worth it. Most of the rides and attractions at US and IOA are geared towards adults and older kids. Your kids will be young so there really isn't much for their age. If I were you I'd look into those parks more.

If you deside to go to them as well as WDW and have the in-laws then I think a vacation home is a great idea.

If you deside against US, then I would rent points from a DVC member on the rent/trade board to stay at a Home away from home resort. You could still bring the in-laws and get a 2 bedroom villa. We are DVC members, but even before we were, a trip to WDW wasn't the same unless we were on site. I know you said you only used EMH and the pool once, but you also stayed at a value resort. Not to knock them, but staying at a home away from home resort will blow you away in comparrison. We also have a car on our trips, go swimming maybe twice and hardley ever use EMH. The whole resort experience of being in the middle of the magic is what gets us!

Have fun planning, whatever you choose, your going to WDW!!! How exciting!!! :banana:

I have stayed at Port Orleans Dixie Landings, in Alligator Bayou, they have a trundle bed. So it's cheaper than getting two rooms. Now what I do though is if I am going to do Universal and Sea World, I stay outside the parks where it's cheaper and throw somebody on the floor. I usually do those parks the first part of the vacation and save disney for last. We also hit Belz mall and go to the Disney outlet store and do our shopping there.

Good luck and have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter