Your Favourite Photo from WDW

This one is one of my favorites. It's me in 1986 and I was about to turn 9 years old. It's just one of those caught in the moment pictures that my dad took. Although I don't remember that moment I just wonder how I ended up sitting there with White Rabbit. One thing I do remember was that I was happy. :)

I just love these types of threads and I haven't posted in awhile. Hope it's OK to post 3

Our Jr. Monorail Pilot from our very first trip in Oct 2008. First for me 47, DH48 and DD - 8 at the time. I love the smile - it's her "I'm having SO MUCH FUN!" smile. Glad we did it since you can't anymore. We boarded at the Contemporary so we had 3 stops before MK and the Pilot let DD up into the seat at every stop. He wasn't very talkative with the adults but happily answered the million questions DD asked.
IMG_0783.jpg

This is my favorite family shot - we do this every time we go. DH and I get some funny looks but, to paraphrase Walt - adults are just grown up kids.
IMG_0502.jpg

Last one - Spent my 50th birthday in the Magic Kingdom. We were walking along a busy but not overly crowded Main Street U.S.A. when I spotted a gathering of The Citizens of Main Street and a photographer. Momentarily thought it was some sort of corporate photo shoot. Seemed most everyone else did too since they were looking at the group and just moving around them. Then I realized it was a Photopass photographer! Ah ha! Did my best Embarass the Daughter routine and got into the moment by introducing myself to the Mayor. Must have spent over 20 minutes chatting and exchanging pleasantries with Mayor Weaver, Fire Chief Smokey, Suffragette Hildegard Olivia Harding and, I believe, Matchmaker Frances Fermata. And don't ya know DD wanted in as soon as she saw all the fun I was having! And to think I almost walked right by! Sometimes you just have to recognize The Magic when you see it.
Photo0084FourBySix.jpg

This is my favorite family shot - we do this every time we go. DH and I get some funny looks but, to paraphrase Walt - adults are just grown up kids.
IMG_0502.jpg

I bet those folks that gave you funny looks were jealous! You all look like really fun people. :goodvibes

Thanks! Actually have had some tween/young teens girls stop me ask where I had MY design done. Made DD crazy they didn't ask her :).

This one is hanging in my daughters room, her first time ever seeing the castle:
IMG_0167.jpg

This has GOT to be made into a poster, that she can save into her adulthood! Costco makes posters cheap! And Michael's has some great standard size frames. This is a priceless shot, nice work:thumbsup2.

eowensby said:
I came out of the restroom by Casey's Corner and found my family like this one morning while we were waiting on a CP Reservation. So special to me!

AND...now I'm crying. That is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. What a wonderful moment that must have been seeing your family in a moment like that.

This is my new favorite thread! And this is my all time favorite picture!

goofy2.jpg

This picture was taken right before Goofy snatched that hat right off my head and ran away across the restaurant and signed it for me. I get a new hat every time I visit DL/WDW and this is still my favorite because it has the best memory.

Great photos everyone!! I love seeing all the different sorts of pictures that are special to people and the reason why!! I have 2 from our first trip.

This first one is just silly, but is our family to a T. We have a spattering of pictures just like this over the years, and I have even more with my family from my own childhood. It was so fun to get one at Disney World!! I love the angle and how you can just barely see the castle in the background. This was my very first day in the world on my very first trip ever. The CM laughed when we did it and took a great picture for us. We had it printed as a large canvas and it hangs in our bedroom.

IMG_3126 by Athenagwis, on Flickr

This second one was taking at DHS. We wandered into the animation building because of the rain, we didn't even realize there were M&Gs in there. We only did a M&G with the Incredibles because we weren't feeling the others. My son and husband were doing the little computers where you figure out which character you are, and I was resting on a bench across from them. Chip & Dale walked by to get ready for a M&G and they decided to join me for a bit. This was also on my first trip and I thought it was so funny!! People started forming for their M&G around me, but the handlers directed them to a line away from me and I got some extra time with them. It was so awesome and funny.

IMG_4692_resize by Athenagwis, on Flickr

Cheers!
Rachel

Bolt was the first character we saw on our first trip and the kids were terrified :rotfl2: My husband walked up to him to show the kids it was no big deal and Bolt grabbed him and pulled him in for a hug. Surprised the heck out of him since he's not much of a hugger to begin with :rotfl:

24000_383854488755_5891481_n.jpg

Our youngest meeting Silvermist

24000_383864373755_613709_n.jpg

They finally warmed up to the characters and were so excited!

tigger.jpg

My favorites are more about the memories that go with them than the quality of the pictures.

DD was 2 and we had just stepped into the MK for her very first time. I was waiting for that minute when she was in awe of the castle, and it didn't come. She instead immediately spotted and was in awe of Pluto. That extremely high energy kid wanted nothing more than to get in Pluto's line and she waited patiently with no complaints (a first for her) a good 15 or 20 minutes to see Pluto. When it was her turn, she absolutely went running full speed at him like he was her long lost best friend and threw herself in his arms practically knocking him over. They stood there a long time like this:

image006-2-1-2.jpg

The expression on her face just says it all for me.

That same trip, on our very last evening, we were the last ones in the line before park closing to see Cinderella as DD suddenly just HAD to say goodbye to her before leaving WDW. We ran and barely made it, but the CM took one look at DD and my panicked face, and waved us in and closed the rope behind us. Well, what DD- a Cinderella fanatic and a singer since she could talk and still today at 6 years old- had planned was to sing the entire "A Dream is a Wish" song to Cinderella. So she walked up, stood in front of Cinderella and clasped her little hands in front of her like an opera singer (no idea where she learned that) and sang the entire song. Cinderella clearly loved every minute, and the room got quiet about mid-way through her song because the people finishing up with Belle and Aurora had all stopped to watch her. She had just finished and was looking over at her audience here:

IMG_7985-1.jpg

The last one pretty much speaks for itself. She was 4 and was crazy about Aladdin. She had met him in his regular clothes, and of course had to see him a couple of days later as Prince Ali at MVMCP too. He remembered her because she was so excited she could hardly contain herself and was jumping up and down and giggling the entire time she was meeting and greeting him. He decided to invite us back when the line closed so that he and Jasmine could take her to ride the Magic Carpets with them:

IMG_7446-1-1.jpg

These go together:

My then-3yo daughter (and her big sister) waiting in line to see Mulan:

image382.jpg

And then approaching Mulan to tell her that she, too, was born in China.

image385.jpg

All she talked about was wanting to meet Mulan, and then when she finally did she was so shy and hesitant...and Mulan was so sweet!

image389-1.jpg

It was such a neat moment. The PP photographer did a great job capturing her feelings.

jazz0007 said:
This is one of my many favorites. We just happened to walk by this entrance in Epcot when all these characters came through the door at us!! Had them all to ourselves for quite a while to m&g spur of the moment as well. This just happened last January.

That reminds me of the part in Monster's Inc. when the scarers come out:)

232323232%7Ffp9%3B2%3Enu%3D3239%3E345%3E956%3EWSNRCG%3D3345%3B%3A59%3B7339nu0mrj

This is mine. It was taken 2 years ago. We had gone to the bibbidity boppity boutique and the cast member in charge of the princess room told us to hold back when we were done getting the individual pics with each princess. Then he let us get one with all of them. He said he just couldn't resist since my 3 daughters were in the same dresses as the princesses! Pixie Dust!

This is my favorite photo because of the memory it brings. It was my girls first trip to Disney and the dd in the photo was 2 at the time. She had met all the other princesses except Snow White which was her favorite. We were in Epcot and a CM told us Snow White would be coming out in about 15 minutes and showed us where. So, we decided to sit on a bench and wait for Snow White. When DD saw Snow White come us, she went running through the crowd to Snow White. Snow White turned in the direction of the her name being called, saw my dd and bent down to scoop her into a hug when she approached. The photophass photographer immediately started taking pictures before we even had a chance to catch up to her.
snowwhite.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter