Your Favorite "Counter Service"

Fish and chips in Epcot-hands down. We also liked Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot.

Our favorite way and by far of all counter service is the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot. We always get the lamb platters and they are AWSOME!!:thumbsup2

Oh, where to begin......

We liked:
1) Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT - Lots of variety, you can get basically everything that you could ever want. Kids learned to eat with chopsticks
2) Columbia Harbour House at MK - Love the fish and chips
3) Pinnochio's VillageHaus @ MK - Great Panini's and if you are lucky you can get a table that overlooks IASW and offer bon voyages to the departing parties.

We would NOT recommend Cosmic Ray's. Boring, blah, not a very convenient setup.

We also liked the Asian Noodle Salad at CBR.

Some of our favorites:

Epcot: Yorkshire Country Fish Shop (M-I-C-K-E-Y, I'm with you on those pesky seagulls!)

Hollywood Studios: Pizza Planet

Coronado Springs Resort: Pepper Market!

Cosmic Rays at MK is my favorite anywhere. I LOVE their pulled pork sandwhich.

My second favorite used to be Tusker House but now it is a TS place :(

Another vote for the Columbia Harbor House in the MK. The salad with the pineapple and feta cheese. OMG!!!!:love: :love:

My family has a wide variety of dining tastes (and my wife and I do not eat meat) so we tend to gravitate towards more choices than just brugers and chicken strips. Many good suggestions so far - our picks:

1) Epcot - Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway) - their lunch deal is unbelievable - Your choice of gourmet sandwich (huge) with soup and with your choice of dessert (on the dining plan this means any dessert so be sure to specifiy).
Tangierine Cafe and Sunshine Seasons are very good second choices.

2) Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House - this is a sentimental favorite for us - we always pick the same table upstairs overlooking the restaurant. Great fish and chicken strips (oops no more) but their sandwiches are terrific. Lighthouse sandwich (formerly the Coral Reef) is a favorite for vegetarians and very filling. Comsic Rays probably second although this place is always a zoo and they split the menu between three differing sections so you usually have to wait in multiple lines.

3) Studios - ABC Commissary - lot's of different choices, huge place. Backlot express for second choice (nice for dining outside)

4) Animal Kingdom - used to be Tusker House hands down - now we are a little at a loss. The new Yak and Yeti has a counter service for Asian cuisine - Pizzafaria is just pizza but is very well themed.

Check out Allears.net for complete menus of every counter service restauarant.

Hope this helps.

Flame Tree BBQ...we love it although we are not huge fans of AK. Second choice would be Sunshine Seasons in the Land @ Epcot.

Without a doubt, Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot. Excellent sandwiches and the best choice of dessert...in fact, I'd go so far as to say their desserts are better than most sit down restaurants.

Columbia Harbour House is also good at MK...sit upstairs and enjoy the quiet...it also seems cleaner to me for some reason.

I love the food court at POR. You can eat there everyday and have something different each time.

Lunch or dinner is great. The create your own pasta is huge and will feed two easily. The mufaletta is a good sandwich. Plus they have a bakery there which offers some tasty desserts. It's a one stop delicious stop.

Then there's breakfast. Create an omelet, pancakes, waffles...I'm getting hungry!

We too love Columbia Harbor House and Wolfgang Puck Express is a keeper too.

We love to eat if you couldn't tell by my avatar;) !!!

DTD Earl of Sandwich........Love it!!!
AK Flame Tree
HS Pizza Planet........the children, not so much me!
MK Cosmis Ray's......Sonny Eclipse is funny:laughing:

I love Columbia harbor house at mk. Love the fried shrimp and chicken platters and salads, also like the atmosphere. A nice stop for lunch after a few hours in the hot park. Also,Earl of sandwich was excellent. Pinocchios is good you can sit near the window and watch it's a small world ride which my younger daughter loved at the time. Also the deluxe resorts had some good counter service meals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter