• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Favorite Backpack/Purse/ect For The Parks?

My crossbody Kathy Van Zeeland messenger bag! I was so happy to find it, because I loooove KVZ purses, and it's my favorite color (purple). It's got lots of compartments, yet it's small enough to easily be stuffed into the cargo net on any ride! I don't carry much in it though; mini-wallet, hand sanitizer, eyeglass cloth, a couple bandaids, some tylenol, and a folding hairbrush/mirror.

FYI....The Totes outlet stores carry Travelon messenger bags and boarding bags at discounted prices. The one I bought is #6268 and is red and has several pockets inside. It also has phone and water bottle holders on the outside. I priced this bag online at $27.00 but I only paid $12.99.:banana:

My favorite is actually a back-pack "valet" diaper bag - it has one large compartment and a second section that zips all the way open so the bag lies flat. It's designed to attach onto the back of the front seat of a car and still have all the little pockets handy. I originally bought it years ago when DD #3 was little enough for diapers. It's the best because:

1) waterproof - tested through water rides and soaking Florida rainstorms (although I do keep a large ziplock baggie in there when I'm in the parks for cell phones, cameras, etc on water rides as double protection in case the zippers ever leak. Hasn't happened yet though). Wet articles in the bag leaking through to the outside aren't an issue and if anything spills it's so easy to dry it off.
2) easy to clean - it's dark blue so it never looks completely ratty from being kicked under seats but a quick wipe down with a damp paper towel is all it needs for "freshening up".
3) lots of pockets for little things - and they are see-through so they don't hang you up through security.

The large main compartment is big enough to hold four foldable rain jackets, dry underwear/shorts in case needed after Kali River Rapids, ziplock baggies to protect valuables against wetness, etc. while the pockets for baby bottles now hold a couple of water bottles, the ones for diapers now holds the "important disney information" notebook, etc. The kids bring smaller back-packs for their pin lanyards, autograph books, pens, etc.

6 years on and I couldn't imagine taking another bag. Mine was made by Fisher Price but I don't know if they make it anymore.

I've carried three of the ones mentioned here: Vera Bradley hipster, Baggallini messenger bag and a Healthy Back bag. I like all three. Baggallini holds a ton and also has a water bottle holder on the outside. Healthy Back bag is probably the most comfortable for me (I wear it messenger style so have never had any slippage). The hipster was perfect when I went with just one DS and could carry less (though it is a lot roomier than it looks!) and the print makes me happy and more fashionable. All three are recommended by me, it just depends what you are looking for specifically.

The best purchase I ever made was my $1.75 clear vinyl backpack that I got at the Disney Outlet years ago. It's waterproof and holds my wallet, camera, and a Clear cosmetic bag that I put medications in.

It really makes it a breeze going thru Security as everything is visible without having to stop and open it. The Security guys always say that they wish everyone had a clear bag.

Both DDs and I carry Vera Bradley Mini-hipster. We only carry KTTW cards, small camera, small autograph books and cell phones in them, oh yeah chapstick and hand sanitizer hooks on straps.

When I went to DL I had one of those backpacks with only one strap. I found it pretty comfortable.

Another Vera Bradley mini hipster here. I don't carry a lot into the Parks. (I used to use a fanny pack, but it made my waist too sweaty.)

I have the Bagallini Bon Voyage bag. http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/bon_voyage_bagg_crinkle_nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=107671

I carry my camera, cell phone, sunglasses, ID, credit card, cash, park tickets, fast passes, quart-size ziploc bag (camera, phone & watch go in there on the wet rides), chapstick, park map, and touring plans. I really like that the strap does not chafe my neck like a previous cross-body bag that I had.

I prefer the cross-body style. It leaves my hands free but is readily accessible (not like a backpack where you have to sling it on and off your back to get into it). Plus, for security purposes, it hangs in front of you, not behind you.

Depending on what I am taking into the park with me (and if my pack mule, oops, I mean husband!) is with me, I either carry the small Vera Bradley backpack or the larger Vera Bradley backpack. The small one is perfect for nice days when you just need a few things and the larger one if you plan to be there into the evening and might need a sweater. They are light weight and washable and have numerous compartments for orginaztion. Perfect for Disney....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter