Your Favorite Backpack/Purse/ect For The Parks?

Nomi

<font color=red>><((((º><font color=blue>`•.¸.¸.><
I was curious as to what all you lovely people use to carry your stuff while touring the parks? You see, I'm in the process of shopping for new shoes for my upcoming trip, and I thought I might as well purchase a carrying device as well.

Pictures are always a plus. :thumbsup2

Having done one trip, I can tell you what's NOT a favorite... I used an LL Bean shoulder bag. (The "healthy back" bag.) As a purse, I love it, don't get me wrong... but in the park? It was always in the way, or sliding off my shoulder while I was trying to take pictures.

This year's experiment is a small hiking fanny pack. My camera bag fits inside, along with a compact umbrella, a couple of ponchos, and other odds and ends. There's a zippered front section that's got a key clip, I'll put my ID and my room key in an ID holder and clip it inside so it doesn't get lost.

We just bought a laptop padded, mulit compartment, etc. one for $8.00 that was $35 before school started back.

I prefer backpacks, keeps your hands free. on the roller coasters I put it at my feet and slide a foot through the strap just to be safe.

I purchased a Baggalini for my trip this past July, and it was wonderful to have for the parks. The one I have is the ripstop nylon bag. It holds quite a bit, and yet was never uncomfortable on my back or shoulders.

I always used to use a fanny pack, but even that was uncomfortable around my waist after a few days. I don't think I will ever go back to using a fanny pack.:)

I figure it'll take me a few more tries until I find something that doesn't drive me nuts. I'll bring my other bag and swap off if I need a change.

My favorite carrier is a nylon messenger-bag style purse that I bought at Wal Mart for $10.00. I wear it across my neck & shoulder so both hand are free. It's big enough for essentials but not too big to be a problem getting on attractions. It actually has tinkerbell and sequins on it & lots of people ask where I got it.
It's worn out now and I will definitely look for a messenger-bag type of carrier again!

I LOVE my baggallini...and I also have a Heys Travelmate. I got the Heys before my recent trip, and when I was trying to transfer my stuff over, it just seemed to small. I may try again for our trip in November .....maybe bring it along, but as far as using it as my "purse" on the plane....nope. Sticking with the baggallini. More room. My camera is sort of like a small sized dslr...and it fits in the baggallini with room to spare. :)

My favorite carrier is a nylon messenger-bag style purse that I bought at Wal Mart for $10.00. I wear it across my neck & shoulder so both hand are free. It's big enough for essentials but not too big to be a problem getting on attractions. It actually has tinkerbell and sequins on it & lots of people ask where I got it.
It's worn out now and I will definitely look for a messenger-bag type of carrier again!

I may have to look for one of those... Maybe I'll make hubby wear the fanny pack instead of getting me to haul his crap around all day.

I do like me some messenger bags! But you'll have to forgive me... what is a baggallini?

Since 2001 I have carried a little pouch that I found at Wal-Mart, the closest thing I have found is this from amazon, it's almost an identical match.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/im...TF8&n=1036592&s=apparel&qid=1253641233&sr=8-1

I have tried waistpacks, backpacks, sling bags, and 2 different bagallini's, nothing is as handy as my little cheap travel pouch. I always end up switching back to it after a day or so.

It has plenty of pockets in small and large sizes. Over the years it has carried my camera, cell phone, mini-first aid kit, autograph books, maps, and ponchos. I like how I can wear it across and always have my hands free and stuff is easy to find and very handy as it's right there on my hip. And I love that little zipper pocket on the front, it's perfect for park passes and fast passes.

Funny this came up, just this past weekend I was in full panic mode because I thought I had lost my travel pouch, but thankfully I found it packed away in a box from our recent move.

I do like the looks of that pouch. But it's hard to tell from the picture: is it big enough to hold a water bottle or two?

I just have a big, three pocket back pack. But we carry a lot of stuff... The list...

1) two disney nylon rain pull-overs
2) two battery operated fans
3) a hand towel or two from the resort room
3) sun screen
4) bag-o-pills (asprin, imodium, sinus pills (big in florida))
5) small case with band aids and neosporin (got it from walmart)
6) laser pointer (to point out hidden mickeys)
7) small led flashlight
8) bottle of water
9) hidden mickeys book
10) 2-3 rolls of quarters for pressed pennies
11) 1-2 rolls of pennies for pressed pennies
12) list of pressed penny locations
13) various print outs of meal times, res numbers, etc
14) any small item we bought but felt was too small to ship to resort

On top of this I have a photo/safari vest where I carry more coins, pens for autograph books, memory cards and film (yes film, I still use it) for my cameras, our tickets/resort ID's and any other small items.

I've carried both a backpack and a crossbody into the parks - and it depends on what my needs are for any particular trip as to what I'm bringing.

My backpack is eBags brand - commuter pack or some such thing - and the back and straps are fabulously padded. I've carried it at Disney, biking and walking all over Vancouver, hiking, etc. It's a great bag.

My crossbody is a Heys Travelmate. My camera is tiny, so it fits perfectly in the waterproof zip pouch. I carry a small SIGG water bottle (metal) and it fits in the mesh pouch on the side (that zips away). The pad on the strap isn't the best (on me it moves around too much), but other than that, the bag was fantastic and exactly suited to what I needed to carry.

1) two disney nylon rain pull-overs
2) two battery operated fans
3) a hand towel or two from the resort room
3) sun screen
4) bag-o-pills (asprin, imodium, sinus pills (big in florida))
5) small case with band aids and neosporin (got it from walmart)
6) laser pointer (to point out hidden mickeys)
7) small led flashlight
8) bottle of water
9) hidden mickeys book
10) 2-3 rolls of quarters for pressed pennies
11) 1-2 rolls of pennies for pressed pennies
12) list of pressed penny locations
13) various print outs of meal times, res numbers, etc
14) any small item we bought but felt was too small to ship to resort

Great list! I added it to my always growing Disney Tips file.

I usually wind up carrying my little Overland Equipment Donner Placer bag the most when I'm down there (not the regular size Overland Donner, but the smaller Placer). I don't carry alot and wearing the Placer bag crossbody, I never even know I have it on. It easily holds my camera, cell phone, Hidden Mickey book (in the outside back pocket), sun glasses, lip balm, travel size sun screen, blotting sheets, my little divider thingy (for CC, room keys, AP, and a little money), a Tide to Go pen, pen, and a small journal. If I am carrying anymore than that, I carry the smaller Vera Bradley Mimi backpack.

Alot of people here on the DIS swear by the Overland Donner bag, but for me the regular size one is too big. I prefer the smaller Overland Donner Placer bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter