• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your dream DxDP reservations

We did the DxDDPa few summers ago for our 10th anniversary. Here are some of the places we ate at:
CRT (breakfast), 1900 PF (breakfast), Crystal Palace (lunch), BOG (dinner), Ohana (breakfast), Chef Mickey's (breakfast), cape may (breakfast and dinner), Narcoosses dinner, yachtsman dinner, Tusker house breakfast, Hollywood and Vine lunch, mama melrose dinner, fulton's crab house dinner.

We didn't do Epcot that trip () so we didn't get to do any of those awesome restaurants. I want to try so many other places but we have a lot of faves too. Narcoosses and garden grill (breakfast) are our two faves now.

My wife and I just booked our trip to Disney World for early Dec. We check in Tuesday and check out Saturday.

We booked the DxDP and I want to get some ideas of restaurants you veterans would visit since we will have some flexibility with the 3 credits per day. (3 sit downs per day welcomed)

Context: The wife and I are big eaters. We're not foodies but we just like to eat so places with big portions would be helpful but I'm open to all suggestions.

Thank you in advance!!
In general, Disney serves substantial portions.

To capture the 'value' from the DxDP (or any DDP), the suggestion is to go to as many 1-credit Character meals, buffets, Shows, and/or Dining Packages spots as possible (i.e., Biergarten, Hoop Dee Doo, Fantasmic!, River of Lights) - particularly if food quality is not the focus of your planning.

Also, 3-square meals per day can become a bit much for some people, particularly if you have a longer stay, so sometimes locating otherwise 'expensive' 2-credit meals can be of value. Since you're paying something like $35/credit, a 2-credit meal that costs over $70 is also delivering value.

1-Credit Places that I believe serve larger portions than typical include: 50's Prime Time, Marrakesh.

Fun: Biergarten, Marrakesh.

Best Value: Tusker House River of Lights dining package.

Good Buffets - Cape May & 1900 Park Fare breakfast.

Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest for dinner (you can meet The Beast). Liberty Tree Tavern is not for us, but the All-You-Care-to-Eat is a great value too.

Quality: Homecomin'.

Honorable Mention: We very much enjoy Boma (for breakfast) & Sanaa (during daylight to see the animals) - but getting to/from AKLodge can be a chore if you are using Disney transportation.

In general, Disney serves substantial portions.

To capture the 'value' from the DxDP (or any DDP), the suggestion is to go to as many 1-credit Character meals, buffets, Shows, and/or Dining Packages spots as possible (i.e., Biergarten, Hoop Dee Doo, Fantasmic!, River of Lights) - particularly if food quality is not the focus of your planning.

Also, 3-square meals per day can become a bit much for some people, particularly if you have a longer stay, so sometimes locating otherwise 'expensive' 2-credit meals can be of value. Since you're paying something like $35/credit, a 2-credit meal that costs over $70 is also delivering value.

1-Credit Places that I believe serve larger portions than typical include: 50's Prime Time, Marrakesh.

Fun: Biergarten, Marrakesh.

Best Value: Tusker House River of Lights dining package.

Good Buffets - Cape May & 1900 Park Fare breakfast.

Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest for dinner (you can meet The Beast). Liberty Tree Tavern is not for us, but the All-You-Care-to-Eat is a great value too.

Quality: Homecomin'.

Honorable Mention: We very much enjoy Boma (for breakfast) & Sanaa (during daylight to see the animals) - but getting to/from AKLodge can be a chore if you are using Disney transportation.

Thanks for the info! Looks like Character Breakfast/Signature Dining is very popular. With the DxDP should I stay away from QS all together? Again thanks for the info.

We are DxDP users and love it. Normally we do 2 - 3 TS a day. I can't comment much on quantity of food because I don't pay that much attention to this detail since I rarely finish a plate anyway. Value to me is in the quality of the food.

For signature (2 credit) dining, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. I have not been to them all yet, but have not been disappointed with those I have tried. Yachtsman and Cali Grill are my two favourite so far.

For 1 credit dining, there are so many great choices. Are favourites are: In EP, Les Chefs de France, Biergarten, Garden Grill and Coral Reef. In AK a favourite for character meal is Tusker House and Yak & Yeti for non character. In DHS we love Sci-Fi and an honourable mention to 50s PTC. In MK, I don't really have a must do favourite here other than Crystal Palace for characters. Skipper's Canteen would probably be my favourite non character meal. For resort dining, Ohana is very good and I also really like Beaches & Cream for a really relaxed casual meal.

Thanks for the info! Looks like Character Breakfast/Signature Dining is very popular. With the DxDP should I stay away from QS all together? Again thanks for the info.

From a cost/value perspective, yes. But if you're averaging costs and doing well elsewhere, you can afford an occasional QS meal on DxDP. You should looking to average about $30 (pre tax) menu price value per credit spent in order to break even. Obviously, QS is going to be under that, even at the most expensive QS locations. Your buffet breakfasts will likely be right around that number (ala carte breakfasts likely under), so it's your lunches/dinners where you will need to make up the value.

Fortunately, that's easy on DxDP, with an appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage included with your TS entitlements. (QS entitlements are the same as any other plan - beverage and entree or combo only)

As you are gathering from comments on this Thread, some folks just find more than 2 ADR's/day to be too much time and/or food.

So yes, plenty of folks who use DxDP have an 'expensive' breakfast/lunch & then 2-credit Signature for dinner. Of course, there will be folks who mention that unless you typically order what might be the most expensive menu items at Signatures, then you may be giving up cash-value.

Regarding QS - can you get a $35 meal at QS? If not, you are knowingly giving up cash-value.

So, these are our planned meals for our upcoming DxDP trip:

Lunch Columbia Harbour House - MK
Supper Raglan Road - Disney Springs

Breakfast Tusker Hoiuse - AK
Lunch Tiffins
Supper Jiko - AKL

Breakfast Snack
Lunch Mama Melrose's - HS
Supper 50's Prime Time - HS

Breakfast Garden Grill - Epcot
Lunch Snack
Supper Via Napoli - Epcot

Breakfast Crystal Palace - MK
Lunch Snack
Supper Be Our Guest - MK

Breakfast Grand Floridian Café - GF
Lunch Backlot Express - HS
Supper The Boathouse - Disney Springs

Breakfast Boma - AKL

Nothing is set in stone, and a few things will be moved around (having two Signature Meals on the same day, plus a buffet breakfast is not ideal), but it gives you an idea of what we go with.

We're not huge eaters, but we do what some people consider 'commando-ing the park' so we eat a lot more on vacation than on a normal day. Even then, in the past there have been numerous days that we bring leftovers back to AKL with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter