Your dream DxDP reservations

RockChalkMicky

DISrookie
My wife and I just booked our trip to Disney World for early Dec. We check in Tuesday and check out Saturday.

We booked the DxDP and I want to get some ideas of restaurants you veterans would visit since we will have some flexibility with the 3 credits per day. (3 sit downs per day welcomed)

Context: The wife and I are big eaters. We're not foodies but we just like to eat so places with big portions would be helpful but I'm open to all suggestions.

Thank you in advance!!

Liberty Tree Tavern, OHana, Citricos, California Grill, Whispering Canyon, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House

The above are our favorites. Note that Cali Grill & Citricos are signatures so will be 2 credits, but the food and service at both are fabulous! The view of the MK fireworks from the balcony at Cali Grill is truly special!!

Liberty Tree Tavern, OHana, Citricos, California Grill, Whispering Canyon, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House

The above are our favorites. Note that Cali Grill & Citricos are signatures so will be 2 credits, but the food and service at both are fabulous! The view of the MK fireworks from the balcony at Cali Grill is truly special!!

Thanks! We're gonna try at least one signature dining experience during our stay and I've always wanted to eat at Cali Grill... Do they require a dress code to eat there?

We dressed up for California Grill dinner because we were celebrating our 50th bdays and 26th anniversary. There were guests in casual dress. Check the website it should list any dress code restrictions. We absolutely loved our meal and Wishes from the balcony!! Enjoy!

My wife and I are big eaters as well. The first time we booked DxDDP, we booked some days with 3 table service meals and some days with a table service and a signature.

The plans:
The first day was Kona breakfast, San Angel Inn lunch, and LeCellier (then a 1 TS restaurant) dinner. The next day, we had Liberty Tree Lunch and Narcoossee's dinner. The third day we had Grand Floridian Breakfast, Tusker House lunch, and 'Ohana dinner. The fourth day, we had Teppan Edo lunch, and California Grille dinner. You get the idea. We were alternating 3 meals and 2 meals, figuring that we'd "fill in" with the numerous snack credits.

The reality of what happened:
The first day we got to San Angel Inn not that hungry. By the time we got to LeCellier, we had no desire to have a big meal. The second day we woke up still full. We had lunch and then late dinner, and that seemed pretty good. The third day was a repeat of the first day, but even worse because we had to eat the dessert at 'Ohana. The night of our fourth day, we re-juggled all of our remaining 3 meal per day reservations and made them 2 meals (a TS and a Signature). We used exactly 2 snack credits (mickey ice cream at AK) in 10 days, leaving us with 38 snack credits remaining. We "cashed" those in on things we could take home with us. We were eating trail mix for weeks.

We no longer buy the DXDDP (cheaper for us to pay out of pocket), but still enjoy meals at:
San Angel Inn (lunch), 'Ohana (dinner), The Wave, Kona Cafe (prefer breakfast and lunch), Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast), Captain's Grille, Teppan Edo, Yak and Yeti, and Via Napoli
Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Hollywood Brown Derby, California Grille, Citrico's, and Yachtsman

My wife and I are big eaters as well. The first time we booked DxDDP, we booked some days with 3 table service meals and some days with a table service and a signature.

The plans:
The first day was Kona breakfast, San Angel Inn lunch, and LeCellier (then a 1 TS restaurant) dinner. The next day, we had Liberty Tree Lunch and Narcoossee's dinner. The third day we had Grand Floridian Breakfast, Tusker House lunch, and 'Ohana dinner. The fourth day, we had Teppan Edo lunch, and California Grille dinner. You get the idea. We were alternating 3 meals and 2 meals, figuring that we'd "fill in" with the numerous snack credits.

The reality of what happened:
The first day we got to San Angel Inn not that hungry. By the time we got to LeCellier, we had no desire to have a big meal. The second day we woke up still full. We had lunch and then late dinner, and that seemed pretty good. The third day was a repeat of the first day, but even worse because we had to eat the dessert at 'Ohana. The night of our fourth day, we re-juggled all of our remaining 3 meal per day reservations and made them 2 meals (a TS and a Signature). We used exactly 2 snack credits (mickey ice cream at AK) in 10 days, leaving us with 38 snack credits remaining. We "cashed" those in on things we could take home with us. We were eating trail mix for weeks.

We no longer buy the DXDDP (cheaper for us to pay out of pocket), but still enjoy meals at:
San Angel Inn (lunch), 'Ohana (dinner), The Wave, Kona Cafe (prefer breakfast and lunch), Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast), Captain's Grille, Teppan Edo, Yak and Yeti, and Via Napoli
Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Hollywood Brown Derby, California Grille, Citrico's, and Yachtsman

Thanks for your reply! Was the DxDP just too much food for you guys? I know you said you guys don't do the DP anymore but if you had to would you choose DDP over the DxDP this time?

We're a family of big eaters. If I had that plam I would do a breakfast and then a signature dining. I love Yachtsman steakhouse. That's 2 credits. I also really enjoyed artist point. I would also do cali grill. If you don't do signatures every day you will still have credits left for departure day which would be nice.

CA grill is a great use of credits if you like sushi because the sushi appetizers are really expensive. I did CA Grill on DxDDP and had a great meal.

I think that a breakfast and a dinner or an early lunch and a dinner are the way to go. 3 meals are just too much - 6-7 hours between start time of meals was the sweet spot for us to actually be hungry again.

CA grill is a great use of credits if you like sushi because the sushi appetizers are really expensive. I did CA Grill on DxDDP and had a great meal.

I think that a breakfast and a dinner or an early lunch and a dinner are the way to go. 3 meals are just too much - 6-7 hours between start time of meals was the sweet spot for us to actually be hungry again.

Thanks, Do you know if the brunch at Cali Grill cost 2 credits as well?

We are also going in December with DxDP. We are doing Late Breakfast or early lunches mostly character meals for this and then for dinner doing signatures or dinner shows.

I am planning on doing DxDP next June and doing late breakfasts and signature dinners. We will be a group of 7 all adults (21+) who all love food.

We are also going in December with DxDP. We are doing Late Breakfast or early lunches mostly character meals for this and then for dinner doing signatures or dinner shows.

Thanks for the ideas!! California Grill seems to be the favorite.. but what are other signature meals worth trying?

Narcooses, Yachtsman Steakhouse California Grill-I liked all of these

Flying Fish is on my list for next year.

I'm a pretty big eater and 3 TS meals per day is usually too much for me.

The way I like to use the DxDP most of the time is for one TS breakfast or lunch and then a 2 credit dinner.

For 2 credit dinners, I'd recommend the following signature restaurants: Jiko, Flying Fish, Artist Point, California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, and Yachtsman.

Another 2 credit dinner that I'd highly recommend is the Hoop dee Doo Revue dinner show (food is served all you can eat family style).

You may also want to look into 2 credit dining packages at Hollywood Brown Derby for Fantasmic! or Tiffins for Rivers of Light.

As far as 1 credit dinners, I'd recommend 'Ohana (all you can eat family style) and Boma (buffet). Big eaters may also enjoy Biergargen (buffet).

Other 1 credit lunch/dinner places I'd recommend include Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Chefs de France, Sanaa, and 50's Prime Time.

The best breakfast buffet on property, IMO, is Boma.

I'd also recommend the following character breakfast buffets: Tusker House, Cape May, Crystal Palace, and Chef Mickey's (for the Fab 5).

Some other good non-buffet 1 credit breakfasts include Kona Cafe and Whispering Canyon.

Not a Signature, but I had the best meal of my trip in December at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming in Disney Springs The fried green tomato app was amazing!

Portions won't matter on DxDP. App, Enteee and Dessert is a lot of food no matter the restaurant.

My priorities would be:

Flying Fish
Yachtsman
California Grill brunch
Paddlefish
Boathouse
STK

I'm a pretty big eater and 3 TS meals per day is usually too much for me.

The way I like to use the DxDP most of the time is for one TS breakfast or lunch and then a 2 credit dinner.

For 2 credit dinners, I'd recommend the following signature restaurants: Jiko, Flying Fish, Artist Point, California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, and Yachtsman.

Another 2 credit dinner that I'd highly recommend is the Hoop dee Doo Revue dinner show (food is served all you can eat family style).

You may also want to look into 2 credit dining packages at Hollywood Brown Derby for Fantasmic! or Tiffins for Rivers of Light.

As far as 1 credit dinners, I'd recommend 'Ohana (all you can eat family style) and Boma (buffet). Big eaters may also enjoy Biergargen (buffet).

Other 1 credit lunch/dinner places I'd recommend include Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Chefs de France, Sanaa, and 50's Prime Time.

The best breakfast buffet on property, IMO, is Boma.

I'd also recommend the following character breakfast buffets: Tusker House, Cape May, Crystal Palace, and Chef Mickey's (for the Fab 5).

Some other good non-buffet 1 credit breakfasts include Kona Cafe and Whispering Canyon.

Wow great post! Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks, Do you know if the brunch at Cali Grill cost 2 credits as well?

California Grill brunch is indeed 2 credits. Still worth it on a list price to credit value basis, and it's high on the list of things to try on my as-yet-to-be-planned upcoming adults-only trip.

I agree with the general suggestions of late breakfast or early lunch and a signature dinner as the default plan, tweaking each day as necessary, but generally trying to avoid three sit-down meals in a single day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter