• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YOUR dates and Resort for 4/3 Deal?

When is everyone going with their buy 4 get 3 deal? Where will you be? Did you decide to go because of the deal?

We are staying at POFQ 3/14 to 3/21, and we only decided to go because of the deal...and it's during my birthday! I've never been to WDW for my birthday before. I really want to stay at Poly, it's one of four resorts I've never stayed at, but instead I'm going for my birthday and then again in Dec. 2009 for Mousefest! I can live with that!!! :)

So, when are you going and where are you staying?

We're doing something VERY different for us and going in April! We're a September family, we *were* thinking about December, but I just couldn't pass this up :)

We had a pre-existing reservation for a split-stay, 2 room-only reservations plus tickets; early February, with the last night jumping in price because it's the first day of Peak season. 4 nights at Coronado Springs water-view, 3 nights at Contemporary tower-theme park view, $672 + $1,404 = $2,076, plus $1,122 for 8-day park hoppers for 2 adults and 2 kids, makes a total of $3,198. I did the split stay because we wouldn't be able to comfortably afford all 7 nights in a MK-view room ... my wife loves Wishes, and the opportunity to give her a view of Wishes from her room for her birthday was just too cool for words.

Then the 4/3 deal came out ...

No room at Contemporary, at all, but I was able to get all 7 nights at Polynesian in a theme park view room. ALong with the 8-day hoppers, the package costs $3,448, but has a net cost of $3,248 due to the $200 gift card.

So all 7 nights on the monorail in a MK-view room is costing me $50 more than 4 nights in a Moderate and only 3 nights in a MK-view room.

And since I was going to take a taxi between CSR and CR round-trip early in the morning of our switch day (so I could check-in early, while the family is still asleep and therefore not have to take any time out of the fun day ahead), it's about an exactly break-even point.

Gotta love it. We had a trip planned anyway. But for no extra cost, we got all 7 days with a MK-view at a monorail resort, versus just 3 days of that.

I also priced out our $3,248 package at rack rate ... $5,491. We're saving $2,243 with the 4/3 deal!

We're going 4/11-4/18 at POR. I used the deal as an excuse for my husband :rotfl: We were supposed to go to the Outer Banks with his sister and her family. I wanted to go further south for the warmth! I'll be on maternity leave, so getting the week was easy for me!

We were going from Jan 11th - 21st for $2367.52 10 nights staying at POP with 9 day park hoppers and the dining plan.
Then the 4/3 deal came out and we changed it to two reservations staying Jan 11th -25th for 14 nights at POP with 10 day hoppers an 1 day base tickets with the first week dining, and the two $200.00 gift cards for the 2nd week of dining for $2057.80.
We get to stay 4 more nights, and saved $309.72 plus get $400.00 in gift cards over our first reservation. That was a no brainer!

For 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 infant, 7 nights,Jan 28-Feb 4, 4 for 3 deal at CR GV, basic tickets, DDP, and airfare for $3800. :woohoo: Plus we get the $200 gift card and I am there for my birthday, so I get the cost of park admission for one day to spend!:goodvibes

For 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 infant, 7 nights,Jan 28-Feb 4, 4 for 3 deal at CR GV, basic tickets, DDP, and airfare for $3800. :woohoo: Plus we get the $200 gift card and I am there for my birthday, so I get the cost of park admission for one day to spend!:goodvibes

OK, now I am bummed.:guilty: As I was getting ready to book this this morning, DH gave the thumbs down to the trip after he reviewed finances!:scared1: I am just beside myself and want to cry.:sad:

Sorry to hear your trip is a no go. Maybe things will change and you will still get to go.

We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 disney adults) staying 10 nights at POR March 3-13 for $3021.75 and that is with water park and more tickets no hopping. Some things have come up and my DH may not be going so that will be less. I thought about going to just 7 nights but I can't resist 3 more days for that price.

We originally had our trip booked at $3981 so this saved us over $900 plus we get the $200 GC. I am planning to add the dining plan before we go as well. What we saved covers our airfare so we are ready to go!

IS IT MARCH YET!:thumbsup2

We were going to go next December because our souviner from our last June trip will be arriving in February. But, we just couldn't pass up this deal.

We'll be there June 7-14, CR MK view! A year later with an extra member in our family...lol...the magic of Disney.

We will be going Jan. 10-17, staying @ Pop! We were going that week anyway, so the deal just came at the right time for us. We did add dining to our package when the deal came out. This is our first time on the dining plan.
The entire family will be there with us! DH, me, DS 13, our 2 DDs, their DH's, and our 3 grandson's, ages 2.5 yo, 10mos. & 10mos.
My DH just returned safely from Iraq, and this is our big celebration trip!;) Can't wait to get there!!!!!:banana:

We are also going Jan 10-17 at Pop!

We were planning on going at that time anyway because of the Marathon and we wanted to take advantage of the slow crowds and value season prices.

But before the deal we were only planning to stay onsite for the night before the marathon. After that, we were going to rent a condo. The deal enabled us to stay onsite for the whole trip. We also were only going to spend four days at the parks...this enabled us to spend seven!

Well, I was "thinking" about going and decided that we would only make a trip if there was a good discount. I waited until the 4/3 came out and booked. We are staying at CSR for 9 nights, 1/24 through 2/2. The $200 gift card is such a bonus, plus my husband will turn 46 during our trip so we get the $75 birthday card to spend, and I think I'll have about $250 in Disney VISA rewards we can use. That all makes me happy, happy! :banana:

Cancelled trip for first week of December in favor of this new deal in January. January 25-31 at AKL - two Savannah view rooms. Saved us $2K or so, plus we're getting two $200 gift cards. Can't believe it and can't wait! I'm thinking of adding the dining plan with the $$ we saved.

Ok, so I posted on here a week or so ago that we'd booked the 4/3 deal for CSR for 22-29 March - well it seems we got a bit deal happy and we've now booked to stay at CBR 29/03-05/04!! We'll have to see what happens and if there's better deals out there offsite (dare I say it) for the second week, but for now I'm on :cloud9:

We are going Jan 10-17 and staying at POP. We were already going so you can imagine how excited we were :banana: to get this deal! Wish us luck, it is our first trip with 2 children!:scared1:

We were booked for Mardi Gras, but I had already changed my mind and decided to go for SWW in June. Yeah, I know it's June. I must be crazy. But it's STAR WARS! And DH, DS9 and DS7 love, love, LOVE Star Wars. Then, before I called my AAA agent to change, the 4/3 offer came out. We are paying $240 more than our original trip, but we upgraded from POR to GF. And I think June is peak season isn't it? Total price $4005 for 7 nights at GF with DDP and 7day base tix for 2A3C.

We booked for May 5/21-5/26 and even tho its not the 7 days we still get days free so its all good. its our first day at the Poly <3

Right now I'm booked at POP for May 9th-17th, but am hoping an AP discount comes out that beats the 4/3 deal. I usually go every May, Sept, and Dec with an occasional Jan and Oct trip thrown in. This year we did the free dining in Sept, but decided to do a cruise in Jan, (instead of the usual Dec WDW trip) and was undecided about going back in May for the Flower Festival. When the 4/3 deal came out, I decided to take it as a sign that I was meant to go.:)

We will be staying at the POP from May 11th-18th! I only saved about $300 with the b4g3 deal, but that's still $300! I wasn't even planning on staying in Disney until this deal came out!

We're going Feb 17 - 24 FW Cabins, 2 adults, 4 kids, saved about $1000. Can't wait:cool1:

We are staying at POP May 26-June 2 with the 4/3 deal. (I was hoping for a free dining pin, but no such luck!! )We had already planned on going during that time, but had not made reservations until the deal was released. We were thrilled to get a discount of any kind, as it seemed that there weren't usually many released for our travel dates.

we'll be there May 23-May 30. We were going anyway, and getting hopper tickets for full stay & getting DDP just like before (3rd year in a row:thumbsup2 ) Pop Century (stayed there for Free Dining last September & loved it.)

Previous years we just had a 20% off room AAA discount, so this year is wayyyyy more better.

Hey you two! Looks like some of our dates will be at the same time.

I booked May 28th through June 6th. Three adults, standard room at Pop, 9 days of tickets with water parks & more and the dining plan for just $2,700.00!

We were booked for POFQ for 4/22-4/28 (6 nights). When the 4/3 deal came out we jumped on it. I only saved around $100 (4 adults with dining plan) but my cousin who is travelling with us saved almost $300. But now we are booked for 7 nights, have an extra day on our park tickets and extra dining plan points, so I'm happy!

What is the $200 gift card you are all mentioning? I didn't hear anything about that.

Can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter