Youngest you've ever taken a baby to WDW?

Ds 1st trip he was 23 months old.
Dd#1 1st trip she was 20 months old
Dd#2 will be 7 months old when we go next month

So on this trip we will have a 7 year old, 2 1/2 yr old and a 7 month old.. I am so excited.. We might be alittle slower at seeing things but it is worth it to watch them have a great time...

javaj said:
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Maybe this baby will be an easygoing baby, and we can plan a trip at the end of my maternity leave. Hmmmm.....

Haha, you sound just like me. I had this conversation with DH yesterday....

"SInce I don't have to go back to work until mid-June, we could possibly go to Disney for a few days in early June. It would be super cheap.....we get our new DVC points on June 1st and our AP's are good until the end of June. We still have the Dining Discount card....we could use Magical Express from the airport for free....we could eat only counterservice....the baby won't cost us anything....if I could get a good deal on airfare, it would just be that and food to pay for...."

He basically said no. Rather harshly. But if this baby is a good baby....maybe I can work some Disney magic on him.........

We went September '05 with our DD 3 1/2 months at the time, as well as DS9 and DD6. Had no problems at all. Weather was perfect, lines weren't bad, all she really did was sleep and eat, and was occasionally awake. We stayed at AS Sports, and that was no problem, just had one of Disney's Pack-n-Play's to put her in at night, slept through every night no problem. We left the room around 8 every morning, and got back around 9 or 10 every night, none of the so-called "required" afternoon breaks. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some families/kids need them, but they are by no means a "must"; we survived great without them. My kids would have been more upset if we had made them come back for a "rest" in the middle of the day! The baby was able to ride anything without a height restriction, and for those that she couldn't go on, the parent swap worked like a charm. Dining (free dining, by the way, at that time!) was easy, we just held her or put her in her stroller, or laid her down on the booth seat if we were in one. She was great, all week long!

We took our oldest DD to WDW for the 1st time (not counting while I was pregnant) when she was a little over 8 months old. Great time if you ask me, they can sit up and enjoy things, but are really easy still. (if you follow their lead.)

Our 2nd child went at 7 months old, and again at 9months old. Both great trips. I think she enjoyed 9 months old trip a bit more, but we all had a blast.

I think the time of year you go is more important then the childs age. I like the winter months when it isn't as hot, rainy or crowded. Then again May is also a great time to go. ;) Being prepared is good. It was very easy for us because we know WDW well and know the ins and outs and tricks of the trade.

It was a lot easier for us when she was 7 and 9 months old then the most recent trip she was 17 months old. That was a fun trip, but more work for us. (she loved it.) We might go back in May, she will be 20 months old and her big sister 5 years old. It will be her big sisters 8th trip to WDW (I think, we may have lost count. :blush: )

Personaly I think over 12 weeks is good, but never say never. If I had an opprotunity to go when a baby was younger and not later, I might go for it (if all the other situations were right.) If it is your 1st baby I think the real requriement is that you both are ready for travel, comfortable with things and each other, all healed from the delevery and baby and parents are easy going about things. Breast feeding is much easier too! (not carrying food with you, you have all you need with you were ever the baby is hungry. ;) )

It does apear that babies that go to WDW early might not remember the trip, but they grow up to be WDW fanatics! :mickeyjum ::MinnieMo :earsgirl: ::MickeyMo :figment: :tink:

So far, the youngest we've taken was our 3rd son who was 11 months old-in February 2005. But on our next trip our youngest will be 5-6 months old (depending on when he's born!). :) I'll still be only nursing at that point so that'll be nice. We take things slow and love going to WDW with our little ones! :goodvibes

our youngest was a month old when we took her last March! By far she was the easiest thing! :)

Um we took our last one last July when he was 5 months and he was a piece of cake (and loved all the colors!!) We have 4 children that all have been to Disney before they are 1.

DS went for the first time when he wad 7 1/2 months old. He loved EVERYTHING!! DD went for the first time when she was almost 5 months old (DS turned 4 two days before we left!). I used the baby centers A LOT, since I am breastfeeding almost exclusively. It was GREAT!!!! :wizard:

In Luv with Disney said:
I used the baby centers A LOT, since I am breastfeeding almost exclusively. It was GREAT!!!! :wizard:
I don't think the trip would have been as easy to take with an infant if it weren't for the baby care centers! Those BFing rooms are awesome, aren't they? I was able to plug in my electric pump in the bfing rooms and DH fed her in another room. It was wonderfully accomodating!

It sounds like you have the perfect attitude and will go with the flow. That's great.

One trip, my dNephews were 4 mos and 22 months. Had a blast! Just kind of followed their lead. DD at 24 mos was pretty much the same. We didn't do a lot of rides--hardly any really, but had a wonderful, magical trip.

Enjoy!

We've been there with a 6 week old once. Then later when he was 5 and his younger brother was 5 months old. Then 4 months later when the baby was 9 months old. The younger ages were so much easier for us. Our first baby was adopted at birth so I wasn't nursing which helped a lot. His brother, however was nursed so I spent quite a bit of time visiting the baby care centers. They are wonderful places, if you haven't stopped by. So calm and quiet...and cool in the summer heat! :sunny:

Having my parents along for 2 of those 3 trips certainly helped, too!

I love this topic!
My now 2 year old was taken when she was 4 months and 16 months already!!
I am expecting on May 1 and will be taking our 4th child when she is about 7 weeks!! Yes, we are nuts!! But, it's a family vacation together..just being together having fun is what matters!! We can't wait!

my youngest was 9 months on our last trip :)
it was great!

just remember your bottle brush with dish soap if you use bottles ;)

My daughter was a week shy of 3 months old on her first trip. Definitely the easiest trip with her yet!

My little guy is turning 3 in May and he's been to Disney World 4 times already! :cool1:

It is so easy to take them when they're babies, much easier than traveling with a toddler, if you ask me.

Paul was also breastfed (an an extended nurser). Unlike some others here, though, I found the Baby Centers to be really inconvenient and I never used them once on any of our trips. I nursed pretty much all around the park and resorts with no trouble - rides, shows, benches, restaurants, curbside waiting for parades, etc. I know some people really like them, and that's great, I just couldn't imagine heading back to the Baby Centers any time he needed to nurse - so I never did. So, we just "nursed around the world" on those trips and it was so easy and convenient! So, if you're heading down with a breastfed baby, please don't feel like you have to use the nursing rooms. You'll see lots of other moms feeding their little ones all over the place. :sunny:

I miss the convenience of traveling with a exclusively nursing baby! Now, I have a toddler who has STRONG opinions!! Give me a baby, any day! :crazy:

Our 2nd dd went for the first time at 24 months and our 3rd dd will be 11 months on her first trip. I would have definately taken them even younger if the opportunity had arose. I have to agree I think babies are easier than toddlers. Our next trip will have me with an 11 month old dd, my sister with a 12 month old ds, and my other sister with a 9 month old ds so it should be really interesting since we all have 2 other kids each. We will have total 9 kids with us ages 13,8,7,6,4,2,12months, 11months, and 9months- it should be interesting. I guarentee the babies will give us the least amount of trouble. The only thing I'm worried about is needing a double stroller and having to get it on the bus while everyone looks at you like you are crazy. Luckily the 13yo is mine so we have a 3rd person to help with bags and such while getting on and off the bus.

I had my 4 month old daughter w/me once only because I went along with DH on a business trip...the trip obviously wasn't for her! She slept the whole time. :)

Great thread!

I am due with baby #1 in September. I haven't been to Disney in 2 years, and I can't imagine waiting years more to go back to Disney. So I am trying to convince DH to take a trip after the baby is small. He thinks it will be too much work to bring the baby with us. I think May would be a good time, the baby will only be 8 months old.

Dallas_Lady said:
Great thread!

I am due with baby #1 in September. I haven't been to Disney in 2 years, and I can't imagine waiting years more to go back to Disney. So I am trying to convince DH to take a trip after the baby is small. He thinks it will be too much work to bring the baby with us. I think May would be a good time, the baby will only be 8 months old.

Congrats ! party: I think WDW in May with a 8 month old sounds just perfect! I love WDW in May! :cheer2: We went last year the 1st week of May with a 9 month old and it was perfect!

We first took our youngest daughter when she was barely 3 months old! We had no problems at all with her. We didn't stay onsite so we couldn't go back to the room, but she seemed to do very well. It was October(she was born end of July) so it wasn't overly crowded or unbearably hot. She is now two and a half and has been to WDW 4 times! She is as much a Disney fanatic as the rest of us and has known all of her princesses and many other characters for months now! I have no regrets. I do think people should think a little about the weather and crowds when thinking of taking an infant. If its going to be hot, at least make sure you're staying onsite so you can go back to the room for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter