Youngest you've ever taken a baby to WDW?

javaj

DIS Veteran
With DS #1, we didn't go to WDW until he was 16 months old. But I wasn't addicted to WDW then, and besides, DH was in the military when DS #1 was born, and DH was gone all the time and it was difficult to plan vacations longer than 4 days until he got out.

We're expecting #2 in July and I can't imagine not going back to WDW until #2 is 16 months old! I don't mind taking lots of breaks and splitting baby-duty with DH. What's the youngest baby you've taken to WDW and how did it work out?

Thanks!

Our first trip was when my oldest son was 2 and dd was 8 months. We went back when ds was 3 and dd 1 and baby #3 on the way. We are now going back and their ages will be ds 3(almost 4) dd 2 and ds 6 months old. We can't wait!!!

Wow!! You guys are BRAVE!! I would not dare take my children before they were 4 & 1/2! That age seemed perfect... could walk on their own... didn't need a nap.....could go 3 hours before needing a bathroom break...etc, etc.

DS#2 was 4 months the first time we took him, DS#1 was 8 months. Both did great! I took them both (now 2 and 4) to the MK last week for the day while DH was at work. They did great and we had a wonderful time!

Christy

We took DS for the first time at 9 months old. And we had a great time. We always took an afternoon break, even before DS, so we continued with that.

DS would nap in his stroller or on our shoulders, or in his carrier. He loved EVERYTHING.

We took him again at about 21 months & will be going back in 2 weeks for his 3rd trip at 31 months old. He was great last year & had so much fun. I cant wait to see his reaction this time! :banana:

My ds was 6 months his first trip. My dd turned one on her first trip (ds was 3.5). We will be going in December when they are 5.5 and turning 3.

My twin DD's were almost two, but if I'd been able to convince my husband to take the time off of work we would've gone before then!

BTW, when we were there in December there were a TON of babies. Little babies - younger then six months, and they seemed to be doing great. The only thing I noticed was in Animal Kingdom there were LOTS of babies just wearing diapers, maybe because of the heat/humidity - but then, I've always thought AK was a "hotter" park.

Good luck and have fun!

Like you, we didn't take DD1 until she was around 18 months. I was determined that we weren't waiting that long with the second. I'm happy to say that DD2 went for the first time when she was 5 months old, and it was fine! She's such an easy going baby (not like her sister) and when she would get tired or hungry, we'd go on some quiet/dark ride (think TTA) and she would nurse to sleep! She spent nap time hanging out in her baby bjorn....it was so wonderful.

We actually went back in Jan with DD1 almost 3 and DD2 9 months and again, it was fine. She napped either on our shoulders or in her stroller, and we didn't even have to go back to the hotel unless we wanted to. They both LOVED it (the 9 month old was AMAZED in Small World). People watching is so much fun for little ones!

So long as you're prepared to see Disney from a little one's perspective, I think you will have a great time, even if they are quite young in age!

My daughter was two months old the first time we went to Disney. She still slept a lot at that point and we had many family members with us, so it was really easy!

DD was 4 mos old and that was with a DS4 and DS9 with special needs. Went back when she was 10 mos and 14 mos and continued for the last 12 years. SO EASY when they are a baby ! She rode everything there was no height restriction on even HM. Broke her in young :thumbsup2

I think my middle son was 4 months the first time he went in. It must have gone well because we took our daughter when she was 6 months (and our son was 3, he was the hard one). Baby care centers are great. We also took afternoon breaks, but really more for me and the 3 year old. The baby slept where ever she was no matter what was going on around her. She is 8 now and still does :)

I do remember we used the child swap pass some.

Took our 3 dd's - at the time 8 months, 2 years and 9 years from Canada! Packed 2 playpens, a double jogger stroller, 2 carseats, 4 suitcases and 3 carryon's - what a mess getting there but we loved evey minute of it!

We are planning to bring our friends with us in Dec - 4 adults and 5 kids, 10, 3, 2, 2 & 4 months old! The younger the easier really, less pee breaks, baby care centres for diapers and bottle warming/nursing, stroller naps.

On haunted mansion the 8 month old was in awe, 2 year old held on tight to Mommy and the 9 year old was scared to death! Go figure!

Hope you have a blast!

DD was a week and a half when we took her for her first trip. We were there for 10 days and the trip was a breeze! She naped in her stroller or in the front pack. We utilized the baby care center for feedings and diaper changes. As she was very young we kept her on light colored clothing and in hats to help prevent her from sunburns. She was a real trooper, but then that's her nature. We took our time and did baby swap for rides that we couldn't all go on together. We're taking her back for her first birthday next month.

BTW, we saw quite a few young babies there when we went.

We went over for the day when DS was 6 weeks old. Then our first stay was when he was 3 months old. We didn't have any problems and just made sure he had enough to drink and stayed in the shade.

We just went in Jan, and DS was 2 months and DD just over 2. The baby was the EASIEST to travel with. He just sort of went wherever we did and was very content. It made it easier b/c I'm bfeeding him, so I didn't have to lug bottles and formula with us. And even at that young, he could go on all the rides that don't have a height restriction, so we didn't miss out on anything. But we also had grandparents around to watch the kids while we went on the "Big kid" rides!

My daughter was 5 months old (3 months adjusted) and it was wonderful. I wouldn't change a thing....just don't expect to do a lot. That was just fine with us, we just needed ave some relaxation. It was a very stressful pregnancy and birth and we needed to just get away from it all. It was one of the best vacations we've ever had. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Maybe this baby will be an easygoing baby, and we can plan a trip at the end of my maternity leave. Hmmmm.....

DH and I took our DD at 6 weeks and her brother at 3 years old. We drove from Wis. It worked well for us. DH carried her a lot in a front pouch and I pushed the DS in a stroller. I breastfeed so no bottles. DH and I took turns ridng the larger rides. We were there during Thanksgiving week. Now she is 5 and DS is 8 and we are going in 4 weeks.

What a great question! I'm getting ready for my DS's first trip and he will be 15 months when we go. I'm so excited to tkae him and glad to hear that many other people have taken babies his age and much younger!

The youngest we've ever taken a child is 7 months. By far, that was the easiest age so far. I would take a younger child too. Babies are very portable & easy. We've also taken our kids at 15 months, 3 yo, 4 yo. Next trip kids will be 5, 2 & 15 months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter