Youngest you've ever taken a baby to WDW?

This past summer we were in Downtown Disney and this family we were sitting next too was changing their brand new newborns diaper and he still had this umbulica (sp) cord attached. The new mother was not really walking too good yet she was sitting at the table and the family was getting her food at Earl sandwich place.

cinderkeli said:
This past summer we were in Downtown Disney and this family we were sitting next too was changing their brand new newborns diaper and he still had this umbulica (sp) cord attached. The new mother was not really walking too good yet she was sitting at the table and the family was getting her food at Earl sandwich place.

In that situation I like to think the family lives close by and needed to go out and get some lunch. I know I went out of the house when my baby was born (in aug.) yes people go on about germs, but really house much does a new born come in direct contact with? :)

I remember seeing a person standing line fora dark ride (maybe winne the pooh or one like that.) with a very youn child, a few weeks go.) Once again I hope they lived close by and where just going out for the day. I can't imagine traveling far with a baby that old if you didn't have too.

We booked a large family trip before I knew I was pregnant and the only time to reschedule it was for this March so we will be taking our 5 week old with us. I expect to spend a lot of time back at the resort resting and staying cool with him, but with a family team of 18 - we should be able to handle a little time in the parks too. Really looking forward to it (a little nervous too).
Have travelled with our little girl at one year and two years as well.

Alysa said:
We booked a large family trip before I knew I was pregnant and the only time to reschedule it was for this March so we will be taking our 5 week old with us. I expect to spend a lot of time back at the resort resting and staying cool with him, but with a family team of 18 - we should be able to handle a little time in the parks too. Really looking forward to it (a little nervous too).
Have travelled with our little girl at one year and two years as well.

You will be fine. I think the hardest thing and most important is if the mother is all healed from the delivery. As long as you are, then all is good. :) You will know how to do what is best for your baby. :thumbsup2 My deliverys had some complications so walking long distances after was not a good idea (with out giving out TMI! ;) )

Hopefully by 5 weeks all will be well. Have a great and safe trip. Make sure your childs doctor knows about it and if he has any specail instructions for you. :)

Our last trip was in September and out little one was 3 weeks old. We also had a 20 mos old and my two nephews who were 5 and 8. There were total 6 adults, but I tell ya' she was the easiest. We took turns on the rides she couldn't join us on, (which honestly wasn't that many) and she slept in her stroller most of the time. She was an easy, easy newborn. I posted on here before we went and everyone told me I was insane but I wouldn't hesitate to take a little one again. pixiedust:

My ds was 5 months when we took him for our last trip. It really wasn't that hard. The most difficult part was having to lug along a bouncy seat and tub (I was quite impressed with my packing, since both fit in the suitcase with clothing).

Now that we've added #4, we are going to wait until he's 14 months before venturing back. It will be easier to not have to worry about bottles and formula, and with 4 kids, every little step that makes things easier is worth it.

:)

Hi, The youngest we took was 11 months old. The only problem we had was the stroller you rent from Disney doesn't recline, so we had to carry her around during her naps. Kid's swap is great! Our oldest loved it because she got to ride everything twice! Sbella

Question for those that have taken infants..... younger than 6 months....
How do you handle the rides?
Do you carry the baby and sit him on your lap? Do you use a carrier type thing? A back pack?
Do you keep him in the stroller and then take him out to go on the rides?
Or do you do the parent swap for most of it?

We will have a 6 month old with us, and not sure how to plan this.
Thanks,

in early June and we are going to WDW the first week of October, barring any changes. We were going to go last year, then I got pregnant, miscarried and then got pregnant again right after! LOL My oldest will be 12 soon and I just don't want to wait any longer!! :banana:

So, going with a 4-5 month old isn't what I had planned, BUT the little guy should be sleeping through the night and napping twice a day so really, it may work out very well. :thumbsup2

OK, now that I'm saying all of this I think I may be convincing myself to stay onsite...hehe

cindyfan said:
Question for those that have taken infants..... younger than 6 months....
How do you handle the rides?
Do you carry the baby and sit him on your lap? Do you use a carrier type thing? A back pack?
Do you keep him in the stroller and then take him out to go on the rides?
Or do you do the parent swap for most of it?

We will have a 6 month old with us, and not sure how to plan this.
Thanks,
Hi Cindyfan. We took our 2 year old when she was only 3 1/2 months. She was so good! We did the baby swap a few times for the rockier rides. It works out great. For other rides like Peter Pan, Pirates, etc... we would just hold her on our lap. I tried the whole front carrier but I didn't like it and ended up returning it when we got back home.. I don't go on any of the thrill rides like Tower of Terror, Splash Mnt., etc.. so my husband gets in line with my older kids or gets fast pass and I walk around to a gift shop or hang out and catch up with him using our walkies or cell phone. My 8 year old doesn't go on any scarey rides either so there's no difference with the new baby. I have to sit out with him sometimes too.
We're bringing a 7 or 8 week old in June.. and can't wait..we're not worried about the parks..just worried about the nightly bottle feedings that will make me sleepy!! But, if we want to go on vacation to Disney, it's what we have to deal with it. I'd rather be there than home!

We haven't gone yet, but will be going with a 2 or 2.5 month old depending on when she's born. Our son will be barely 3 then.

I'll be breastfeeding, so that will make it easy. I'll nurse anywhere, so it really does make it easy. (And though the toddler still nurses, he doesn't nurse in public anymore, so that's easier in a different respect!)

I'll bring a Maya Wrap type sling and one stroller than reclines - so either baby or the toddler can use the stroller. My son has always been anti-stroller, so we'll see. I've never had any problems with discrete breastfeeding, but the sling can make it easy for those who do have trouble with it. Since my son is not 3 yet, but already 40", chances are there will be many rides that aren't for the baby. We'll just do the child swap option on the bigger rides.

*We co-sleep so a crib won't be needed, nor a pack 'n play. We're driving down so we'll throw in the bouncy seat if she's into it. My son wanted to be held 24/7 so I may not need to really bring anything else if she's anything like him.

idreamofdisney24/7 said:
Hi Cindyfan. We took our 2 year old when she was only 3 1/2 months. She was so good! We did the baby swap a few times for the rockier rides. It works out great. For other rides like Peter Pan, Pirates, etc... we would just hold her on our lap. I tried the whole front carrier but I didn't like it and ended up returning it when we got back home.. I don't go on any of the thrill rides like Tower of Terror, Splash Mnt., etc.. so my husband gets in line with my older kids or gets fast pass and I walk around to a gift shop or hang out and catch up with him using our walkies or cell phone. My 8 year old doesn't go on any scarey rides either so there's no difference with the new baby. I have to sit out with him sometimes too.
We're bringing a 7 or 8 week old in June.. and can't wait..we're not worried about the parks..just worried about the nightly bottle feedings that will make me sleepy!! But, if we want to go on vacation to Disney, it's what we have to deal with it. I'd rather be there than home!
Thanks for the input! :goodvibes
The feeding part we were questioning too. :confused3
Most likely my DGS will be on baby food... so I guess a small back pack to carry what is needed in the parks. And stick it in the stroller.
I told my DD to just be prepared ..... it won't be like all our other trips...
We are used to just run and go. Eat when hungry, go on anything we want, etc. As long as she knows she will be sitting out a lot of things.... then she will be fine. thanks :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter