Youngest trip to WDW? 1 MO too young?

I have been in FL the last 3 summers (and probably will be back again this summer). It can get to be REALLY hot. If it were any other time of the year I would say it could be doable. But I don't think it's safe to bring a baby that young during the summer.

I'm with everyone else in regards to the heat. Summer is SO hot and I would be nervous taking a baby that little.
Also, that big of a trip after having a baby one month earlier is going to be tough on you. Especially having other children.

I brought my son when he was 5 months old and he did fine. He was actually a piece of cake to have in WDW. But, it was a much cooler time of year.

Sorry to be a bummer. I know how hard it is to delay or move cancel a planned trip. :hug: I hope you have a great time no matter when you decide to go.

I would wait too. Mainly because of the time of year that you are going. You may be able to handle the heat, but a tiny newborn infant wont. It would be miserable!! We are going with our new baby (will be 3 1/2 mos.) in Jan. The temps will be much better and crowds fewer. She has already had her first series of shots too. I am already nervous about the hotel room, though. Sometimes she can have a screaming fit and at 3am (reflux issues) and it wont be pleasant for the people staying beside us!!!!! Hopefully in the next 20 days she will start sleeping completely through the night (or maybe Im just dreaming!!!!) You can never predict what issues you may have with your new baby before it gets here (like mine with acid reflux- none of the other 3 had it but it is not fun) so you may want to give the baby time to get a bit older and the weather a bit cooler.

I would wait too. We took a 12 hr road trip to see family a month after child #3. He was an easy delivery, pretty easy baby & I'd figured, eh, I've done the baby thing, traveling w/#3 so small won't be much of an issue.

It was completely miserable. He wasn't on a schedule yet so I was always nursing & it wasn't quite comfortable enough to be in the room w/that part of the family. Plus leaky, post partum, emotional & trying to take care of the older two w/DH. I spent most of the trip either nursing or napping alone in our basement room w/the baby. The ride was horrific and my older ones did not behave that part of the trip either. Despite the excitement of Disney, the heat plus such a young baby would be a very tough trip.

I took DS at 6 weeks, but it was February. We had the best trip ever. We had skipped our usual December weekend jaunt since I was so pregnant, he was born Dec 27th, so I needed out. It was what I wanted.

He was an easy baby and I was fine, we of course took it easy and didn't do alot. It was just for the weekend. He loved all the lights and everyone had a really enjoyable trip.

I would worry about the heat and sun but those would be my only main concerns.

Just wanted to add that aside from the heat and that infants under 6 months should not wear sunscreen, at 6 weeks your child will not have the immunization shots. For the first 2 months, my pediatrician told me to avoid crowds (including the mall, let alone WDW) because my daughter wouldn't have her shots yet and therefore susceptible to everything.

I personally wouldn't worry about immunizations. That's just me though, I don't have much faith in them but that's another topic. LOL

I would bring her.. I wouldn't take her in the summer or the hotter months though.. Like Jan/Feb is a good time.. Get a good sling (not a BJorn ) and just wear her.. She will be tucked away in there hidden from everyone else and no one would be able to touch her!! You can hide out and breastfeed when you need to, it would be real easy with a baby that age! When they get bigger (like my 8 mo old) that is when it's a problem. LOL

I took my son for his first visit when he was 6 months old -- in November. He was a very easy baby and it was a very easy trip.

The last trip I went in July was miserable and I didn't have small kids along then (we had 4 kids ranging from 9-13). Everyone was hot, miserable and cranky.

I honestly don't think I would would take a 6 week old baby out in the 90+ degree weather and no sunscreen. I remember my mom telling me about taking me the beach/boating one day (July 4) here in Ohio when I was 6 weeks old -- I had to go to the emergency room that night and had severed sun/wind burns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter