Youngest to go during summer?

la79al

DIS Veteran
What is the youngest you would take a baby to DW during June/July/August? What if you also had a 2 year old? Now that DD is here I am already thinking about the next one but to have them 2 years apart would mean taking a 3-5 month old to DW over the summer. The other option is having them 3 years apart and going to DW very barely pregnant. I'm going to keep trying to talk DH into a January trip instead...

It depends on how you do the parks, I would have no problem taking a 3 to 5 month old to Disney in the summer, but we aren't comandoes. We take breaks, love to visit the pool, will leave if a child is having a problem and is ready to go, etc. For a 8 day vacation we would have 2 full rest days and probably 1 or 2 half rest days, along with leaving for naptime, if we got hot etc.

If we were comando and went from park opening to closing, I won't do it with a 3 to 5 month old, well any time of the year, but being more casual and knowing we are likely to be back every 2 to 3 years DH and I don't mind taking it slow, so I won't mind taking a 3 to 5 month old in the summer.

Hope that helps at least a little.

Since I just can't tolerate the heat I would vote for going in January regardless of the ages of the children.:rotfl: But especially with a baby. I always wore my babies & I can't imagine walking around WDW with one of my little hotboxes hanging over my shoulder.

Personally, I wouldn't give a lot of thought to planning a pregnancy around a Disney vacation. There are some considerations for having kids close together and having them farther apart. I've done both--the first two are 7yrs apart, the last two are 2yrs apart. I would go with the bigger age span. It was easier by far. But I'm not you. You're the only one who knows your limitations and capabilities.

personally i would never, and have never taken a child under the age of 2 1/2.
but i suppose if i did take them that young i dont think i would take them in the summer months. i think it would be difficult going in and out of the heat to air conditioning. i would choose a time when the temperatures would be more regulated.

We took our 3.5 m old DD in July.
We kept her covered, had a fan, etc.
She was fine because we didn't push, did a lot of indoor stuff. The one thing I found was that I was breastfeeding and she nursed WAY more often than normal and I was drinking a lot more water and eating a lot more.
I sort of expected it, but normally she would nurse on average every other hour, and at WDW she nursed at least hourly. I would get headaches if I didn't have enough water and food. So, be prepared for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter