You know you're getting old when you go to bed before your kids

DW and I get up at 4am on weekdays, so we usually get ready for bed around 9pm and are out cold shortly after. Not a big deal, but just weird and feels like a sign of us getting older. .

You aren't going to bed at 9 because you're old. It's because you have to get up at 4AM. I imagine most people of any age who get up that early are in bed by 9.

My response is I love to sleep. So b/c of that my girls are also amazing sleepers. I could sleep 10-12hrs a night every night. I can then turn around on the weekends and take a 3hr nap. I have always needed lots of sleep. My girls are 12&9. My 9y/o is to be at 8pm on school nights. Depending on the homework load for DD12 depends when she goes to sleep. For instance tonight we were all in bed at 8pm with both girls up around 7am. I think sleep is critical to every one's well being. Off to be now.

OP I'm surprised you're able to last till 9pm. I'd be knocking out by 7pm if I had to get up at 4am, that's brutal.

OP I'm surprised you're able to last till 9pm. I'd be knocking out by 7pm if I had to get up at 4am, that's brutal.

Don't really have a lot of choice...well, I suppose we do, but working out is very important to us. We get up at 4am so we can go to the gym. Then we both go to work (my commute is 60 miles each way). Get home, grab a little dinner if I get home early enough (if not, I pack it to go) and head out to the kids sports practices. They usually end between 8:00pm-9:00pm depending on what season it is. Go home, do a few chores, and go to bed to do it again the next day. Even in non-sports breaks, like we're in now (ending next week), we have a lot of catch up to do from things that get neglected the rest of the year. However, during these "down" times, we do get to relax a little...I sat on the couch last night and watched the Barrett Jackson auto auction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter