You know all the queens are evil, right? Ch. 8 - The one where we keep an ADR.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I did it on purpose because Liz said about it :rotfl2: Plus Jackie from the panel uses y'all all the time and I suppose it's rubbing off a bit, her and Jen even had a big discussion about the right way to spell it :rotfl2:

Now if we can get you to say All Y'all! Then we know we've won you over! :laughing: ;) Your a good sport Jo. :thumbsup2

Texas sista, sounds like a rocky first day, I sure hope your wine shows up. 10 bottles of wine. :laughing: Crazy woman. I guess crazy like a fox since your not paying per glass some where on property the same cost as a bottle.
What are your favorite wines? Every time I find one I like they change the cork to a screw top, who wants to take a screw top bottle to someone's house for a dinner party? I would feel cheap if I did that. I'll still drink them at home since I have corks bottle tops I bought in EPCOT's Italy, but I won't take them to someone as a gift. :laughing:
My favorite white right now is Casal Garcia, it's a great summer wine, it has a slight effervescence to it which is a nice surprise, I also love Rieslings, but not all are equal, and not all are good. Chateau St. Michelle's is pretty darn good, but I love my Casal Garcia much better. :goodvibes Try it and let me know what you think.

:rotfl: 10 bottles of wine? My god, this is gonna be a fun report! I'm enjoying it already & joining in! :hippie:

Hi Elizabeth, followed you over from Jordans TR and thanks for the quote help. I enjoyed your PTR and just wanted to comment on a few things there,1.Yuck about the pm. What a terrible feeling that would be-hope you do not have any more problems. 2. You look gorgeous in your wedding pics-a lucky man your husband (that sounded kind of weird coming from a girl, huh?),3.What fun going with your friend!, and 4. This may be from your TR, but I also broke my little toe two weeks ago tripping on my Boyfriends suitcase wheel! Ouch! I stand all day at work, so by evening it really is sore. I don't know how you walked all day at the World! I am on page 2 of this TR so I cannot wait to read more tonight, and thanks for deciding to do it.:surfweb::thumbsup2

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks, I did, hope you and your family did too!

11 bottles of Wine !!!! Jordan there's a DRUNK MAGNET story brewing !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The only people we seemed to attract were workers when we were in the smoking section. One guy I really didn't think would ever stop talking so finally I was just like, "okay, nice talking to you, we have to go now." It was too cold to sit out there and listen to him!

Texas sista, sounds like a rocky first day, I sure hope your wine shows up. 10 bottles of wine. :laughing: Crazy woman. I guess crazy like a fox since your not paying per glass some where on property the same cost as a bottle.
What are your favorite wines? Every time I find one I like they change the cork to a screw top, who wants to take a screw top bottle to someone's house for a dinner party? I would feel cheap if I did that. I'll still drink them at home since I have corks bottle tops I bought in EPCOT's Italy, but I won't take them to someone as a gift. :laughing:
My favorite white right now is Casal Garcia, it's a great summer wine, it has a slight effervescence to it which is a nice surprise, I also love Rieslings, but not all are equal, and not all are good. Chateau St. Michelle's is pretty darn good, but I love my Casal Garcia much better. :goodvibes Try it and let me know what you think.

We just got a spanish white that I like but I can't remember what it is. I usually drink drier whites or reds (I like pinot noir and zinfandel ~ not white zinfandel, the red one). On this trip we had a bottle of Kendall Jackson pinot, and the rest was champagne because that's pretty much all Donna drinks at home. 4 bottles of Veuve Clicquot and 6 of Korbel (start expensive, then go cheap!)

And yes, we figured out that we saved a LOT of money having the wine in our room.

You know, it does sound like a rough day but we weren't bothered or in a bad mood about it...we were just happy to be there!

:rotfl: 10 bottles of wine? My god, this is gonna be a fun report! I'm enjoying it already & joining in! :hippie:

:welcome: Yeah, we drink a bit. :drinking1

Hi Elizabeth, followed you over from Jordans TR and thanks for the quote help. I enjoyed your PTR and just wanted to comment on a few things there,1.Yuck about the pm. What a terrible feeling that would be-hope you do not have any more problems. 2. You look gorgeous in your wedding pics-a lucky man your husband (that sounded kind of weird coming from a girl, huh?),3.What fun going with your friend!, and 4. This may be from your TR, but I also broke my little toe two weeks ago tripping on my Boyfriends suitcase wheel! Ouch! I stand all day at work, so by evening it really is sore. I don't know how you walked all day at the World! I am on page 2 of this TR so I cannot wait to read more tonight, and thanks for deciding to do it.:surfweb::thumbsup2

Hi Kathy and :welcome: I forgot all about the PM - I never heard from the mods but he didn't bother me again so I assume he's gone. Thanks for the compliment, our wedding was fun and so was this girls' trip!

As for the toe, I sit all day so it wasn't too bad by the time we got there. I totally babied my toe from the day I broke it until we left!

New installment tomorrow - should have been today but I need to get to the gym. I need to speed up before I forget what happened!

It's amazing what can happen to you when your in the "World," and still walk away from it having an amazing day. :goodvibes It's the Walt Magic I tell ya!

Hope your work out is a good one! :yay: <---

Howdy again Elisabeth! Just came over from your PTR and ready for some DIStastic fun! Great start about the haunting of Sounds of Music past :eek:

How great that you were able to put this together for Donna Sue, what a cool b-day present. Good to hear that I’m not the only clumsy one out there, I just never developed that sense of your surroundings that seems to protect others from running into things or tripping over themselves. :lmao:

I will have you know that I’ve found that balancing point between obsessive list-making and the ‘guy’ side of keeping a tight packing timeframe. I’ve thought about laminating my lists but I change them too often to do so. Donna Sue’s method is interesting, but not one I’d want to have to navigate around ;)

It is funny to watch southern/desert people try and deal with snow. Don’t take offense as I was born in Georgia, am a former Arizonian and was stationed in Texas, so I know where y’all are coming from. But having adjusted to northwestern climates it is interesting driving back down into areas where and inch of snow can shut down a roadway. Great snowman btw and fantastic shot of your hubby throwing the snowball :thumbsup2

Great score getting the day before you left off from work – Whoohoo! Nice day with the early Valentine’s celebration at home. Good relaxing way to spend the day before you fly out. ROFL! Now that was a great logical summary of freezing fog, made perfect sense. And good job guiding in the driver and happy to hear that you were able to get on the road and guide him to Donna Sue’s (I’ll reserve the right to not comment on the dynamics of pre-trip pee programming as I am a dad and it may incriminate me :rolleyes1 ).

Funny interaction with the giants fans and the security guard at the airport. Xanax and bloody marys – I like the way you travel! What a bummer that you had to suffer through ‘This Is It’ instead of getting your ME video. And the whole online check in thing, so much for technology making things easier for us! Nice that Donna Sue got her b-day button, presents from you, AND the free dessert to get the b-day ball rolling :goodvibes

Too bad about making it down to the boat and then have to backtrack to your room. Yay for your hubby adding in the special treat of the flowers, making good points to make up for forgetting last year ;-] Ohhh, so we have a cliffhanger – where’s the wine? Will you make your reservations? Will you be able to see the fireworks from your room???

Really enjoying the report – lots of humor and just enough going sideways to keep things interesting. Looking forward to the next chapter! :banana:

11 bottles of wine! that is awesome! I wish I were there. I gave up alcohol for lent, so I cannot wait for Sunday!:rotfl:
I am really enjoying your Tr!

I will be awaiting patiently for your next installment...:)

have "fun" at the gym.

The only fun thing about the gym is when you get to leave!

Good thing you are patient as life is getting in my way - today I hope.

Just found your report and I love it! I dream about taking a girls only trip sometime :)

:welcome: Glad you're here! The girls' trip was awesome.

It's amazing what can happen to you when your in the "World," and still walk away from it having an amazing day. :goodvibes It's the Walt Magic I tell ya!

Hope your work out is a good one! :yay: <---

Yes Camille I think it is the Walt magic that can make you in a good mood no matter what!

Howdy again Elisabeth! Just came over from your PTR and ready for some DIStastic fun! Great start about the haunting of Sounds of Music past :eek:

How great that you were able to put this together for Donna Sue, what a cool b-day present. Good to hear that I’m not the only clumsy one out there, I just never developed that sense of your surroundings that seems to protect others from running into things or tripping over themselves. :lmao:

I will have you know that I’ve found that balancing point between obsessive list-making and the ‘guy’ side of keeping a tight packing timeframe. I’ve thought about laminating my lists but I change them too often to do so. Donna Sue’s method is interesting, but not one I’d want to have to navigate around ;)

It is funny to watch southern/desert people try and deal with snow. Don’t take offense as I was born in Georgia, am a former Arizonian and was stationed in Texas, so I know where y’all are coming from. But having adjusted to northwestern climates it is interesting driving back down into areas where and inch of snow can shut down a roadway. Great snowman btw and fantastic shot of your hubby throwing the snowball :thumbsup2

Great score getting the day before you left off from work – Whoohoo! Nice day with the early Valentine’s celebration at home. Good relaxing way to spend the day before you fly out. ROFL! Now that was a great logical summary of freezing fog, made perfect sense. And good job guiding in the driver and happy to hear that you were able to get on the road and guide him to Donna Sue’s (I’ll reserve the right to not comment on the dynamics of pre-trip pee programming as I am a dad and it may incriminate me :rolleyes1 ).

Funny interaction with the giants fans and the security guard at the airport. Xanax and bloody marys – I like the way you travel! What a bummer that you had to suffer through ‘This Is It’ instead of getting your ME video. And the whole online check in thing, so much for technology making things easier for us! Nice that Donna Sue got her b-day button, presents from you, AND the free dessert to get the b-day ball rolling :goodvibes

Too bad about making it down to the boat and then have to backtrack to your room. Yay for your hubby adding in the special treat of the flowers, making good points to make up for forgetting last year ;-] Ohhh, so we have a cliffhanger – where’s the wine? Will you make your reservations? Will you be able to see the fireworks from your room???

Really enjoying the report – lots of humor and just enough going sideways to keep things interesting. Looking forward to the next chapter! :banana:

Okay Mr. Mustard, you win the prize for best TR summary. :dance3: Glad to see you back around these parts! Try not to work so hard!

11 bottles of wine! that is awesome! I wish I were there. I gave up alcohol for lent, so I cannot wait for Sunday!:rotfl:
I am really enjoying your Tr!

Sunday has come and gone...hope you had a nice drink or two yesterday!

Okay, everyone who thought I went off on some sort of week-long booze binge, raise your hand. :teacher: Hmmm, I thought so. Nope! :littleangel:

Some weeks I think I have a full time job and a life or something.

Things have been crazy around here but it is about time I got back to writing, don’t you think?

So, anyway, when I last left you we were leaving our room for the second time, sans wine, to hit the MK. We knew we would only have a couple of hours to spend there because we had dinner plans later, but we thought we’d just go and get the lay of the land and what not.

IMG_2564.jpg

Obligatory balloon picture (I am far from a great photographer, though I think I got better as the week went on).

Image0006.jpg

Obligatory castle picture from photopass lady - yes it was still that cold that we had our sweatshirts on! We talked to the photopass person for a while, she told us how much she loved her job because people smiled at her all day. :thumbsup2

We then went to the left...I don’t have a map in front of me and I’m not an expert although I can hear Jordan and GBiscuit and others screaming at me...I’m going with Adventureland?

Around this time I called Garden Grocer about the wine. It was around 3:30 and despite my shameless begging and telling them it was my friend’s birthday, etc., they said there was no way to get the wine to us that day because the drivers were all out already. They promised it would be there first thing in the morning. They STILL didn’t know how much it would cost but at this point I was over that little point as long as we got our champagne!

So that’s taken care of (or is it?) and we go to the SFR treehouse. I’m sure this was there when I was a kid but I don’t remember it. If I did remember it I doubt it would have been a fond memory because the best part of this to me is seeing the water go up at the very beginning - most of the rest of it is boring. Here’s a picture to demonstrate the view anyway:

IMG_2566.jpg

And here’s their kitchen:

IMG_2567.jpg

We then went to the Tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room which we both thought was really cute. We didn’t wait any time to see it which probably helped. After that we went to get a coke and have a cigarette, and wandered around liberty square a little just to look around. While in line for a coke we spied a man with a Dallas Cowboys hat on so we talked a little about Romo and Witten and Austin and then asked him if he was from Dallas.

Man said, “Nope, I’m from Canada.” :rotfl2: Okay...I guess I didn’t know Canadians watched American football!

It’s already looking like time to head out so we go back through The-Land-I’m-Calling-Adventureland to see if there is time to ride POTC. Line’s over an hour, so we go to the Jungle Cruise instead. I loved this ride as a kid and we both enjoyed it again - especially Donna who got the boat of people singing happy birthday to her.

IMG_2569.jpg

Back when I was a kid, these were the only giraffes they had at WDW!

The only bummer was that NO ONE laughed at the jokes, and our CM was trying really hard and doing a good job, I thought. I think some people in our boat didn’t speak English all that well. Donna and I took it upon ourselves to laugh extra hard at the bad puns. Which means that the CM probably thought we were crazy or drunk. Or both. But in our defense, neither of us has been certified insane. At least not yet.

IMG_2571.jpg

Picture of a window shot on the way out...although given how dark it looks this may be a different day.

Well, it was a short day at MK but it was time to head to dinner, so we went out the gates and back to the boat docks. Here we got to see the first kid-smack of the week. Some kid was running up and down waiting for the boat and his mom (maybe older sister) was trying to put on a shirt and complaining about how cold it was. He got a little too close to her and she backhanded him! :scared1: Luckily granddad (maybe older dad) stepped in and got the kid away from her and kept him from running by her any more. It was more weird than anything, she didn’t hurt the kid and he didn’t cry but I’m not used to seeing people just pop kids like that.

Next up: The who-de-what now?

Yeah an update! Your Mk photo pass picture looks great! I remember it being real cold that day. The Tree House always looks better before you actually start the climb. I'm still amazed at how much the rooms look like the movie. We have the DVD and enjoy watching it, but I only make that climb about every other trip and the this trip was a no go. I know a lot of people bash the Tiki Room, but I never saw the original so I like this one.

Can't wait to find out how dinner went.

I like how there's no talk of the crowds...it seems you went with the flow.:thumbsup2

I hope it was his sister that hit her brother and not his mom....:mad:

How could they not bring the wine?? What kind of business are they running there?! Oh man, I hope you get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter