You in CT and me in CA just isn't working out, so a trip to WDW it is! (September 2017 PTR)

This is when the lull starts to happen and the updates become slim, when there is nothing that I'm currently planning. ADRs still seem like they are ages away, and park hours haven't been released yet. So, I'm not sure which parks on which days, and without that, I can't make tentative dining plans.
giphy.gif

I'm very much a creature of habit, I like to keep things the same. So, it comes as no surprise that I'm wanting to plan this trip EXACTLY LIKE MY SEPTEMBER 2015 ONE! I keep telling myself that there has to be some differences, I can't keep wanting to repeat the same trip over and over again. I certainly want to, but, I am slightly crazy.
200.gif

There are some restaurants that are on our dining wish list, about three. Such a long list! :D Two of my must dos are Sci Fi and Be Our Guest. I loooooved those places when I went. DH and I were lucky enough to be able to do BOG twice! I’m hoping to get the same luck on this BFF trip. Dominique wants to check out Chef Mickey’s, but I’m hesitant. I haven’t heard great things about it, only not so great things. So, feel free to share your opinions if you have been to Chef Mickeys.

My big debate in my head right now is the traveling portion, mainly which airport/airline I want to fly out of. I live in Lemoore CA which is about 45 minutes from Fresno. There is an airport in Fresno, but Southwest doesn’t fly there and I’ve seen a lot of flights get cancelled. Such as FAT – LAX, or LAX – FAT. Which, I will most likely have. I’ve seen it more so with late night flights, so I might have a better chance if I stick with morning flights. But, flying out of Fresno is also more pricey. There are multiple airports 2.5-3.5 hours away from me that do fly Southwest. San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and Los Angeles. DH and I flew out of San Francisco on our trip in 2015 and loved it, minus the whole leaving our house at 1:00 AM to catch a 5:00 AM flight. L Southwest also doesn’t charge any fees to change your flight if needed, and includes free luggage! Which are both huge perks in case for some crazy reason I need to change my dates. I don’t see that happening, but as Julie Chen says, expect the unexpected. I’ll be traveling alone, so right now flying out of Fresno seems like the best option. I don’t love driving long distances alone, and it just seems easier. If DH is home and willing to drive to and from, I might do Southwest. Price is going to play a HUGE role in the decision of how I fly.

giphy.gif

That’s it for now, I have to sign off of here and start getting ready to head into work. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

There are multiple airports 2.5-3.5 hours away from me that do fly Southwest. San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and Los Angeles. DH and I flew out of San Francisco on our trip in 2015 and loved it, minus the whole leaving our house at 1:00 AM to catch a 5:00 AM flight.

Is it possible to book a one night stay in a (relatively) cheap hotel close to the airport? My DH and I flew out of Chicago, which is a 2.5 hour drive from where we live. There are a few small airports here in Central IL, but Chicago gave us a cheaper flight and a direct flight. It was worth it to drive up there the night before, leave the hotel at 4 AM, and catch a 6 AM flight to MCO. We were leaving MCO by 10 AM.

I'm very much a creature of habit, I like to keep things the same. So, it comes as no surprise that I'm wanting to plan this trip EXACTLY LIKE MY SEPTEMBER 2015 ONE! I keep telling myself that there has to be some differences, I can't keep wanting to repeat the same trip over and over again. I certainly want to, but, I am slightly crazy.

Even if you did the exact same things.. It will never BE the same trip! You will see things differently! never have the exact experience ever.
we are all crazy.
45395062.jpg

you just fit in.

There are some restaurants that are on our dining wish list, about three. Such a long list! :D Two of my must dos are Sci Fi and Be Our Guest. I loooooved those places when I went. DH and I were lucky enough to be able to do BOG twice! I’m hoping to get the same luck on this BFF trip. Dominique wants to check out Chef Mickey’s, but I’m hesitant. I haven’t heard great things about it, only not so great things. So, feel free to share your opinions if you have been to Chef Mickeys.

Are you on the dining plan? Don't remember if you mentioned it? Don't believe everything you read, everyone's opinions are so different. We like Chef Mickey's! Especially if your lucky enough to get a window seat during wishes! the food is buffet style and the Mickey domes are to die for! actually all their desserts are YUMMMMMMM - the food is american buffet i mean nothing totally special but it's good!! we will go back one day!!

We love Sci-Fi! the milk shakes? (can you see a pattern with me?)
the burgers are great! The place is so much FUN!! We go back there every year!! See your not the only creature of habit! LOL

I’ve seen a lot of flights get cancelled.

Wonder why??

Following along.... we will be at WDW at the same time! September 2 - 9th for me and my family. We are also starting to talk about restaurants now... making the list and editing is always so hard because they ALL look so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter