You in CT and me in CA just isn't working out, so a trip to WDW it is! (September 2017 PTR)

sailored

Mouseketeer
Welcome, Welcome, Welcoooome!
*sing to Magic Kingdom welcome show music*

Hello, hello, everyone! My name is Evie (25) and this is my September 2017 PTR. I attempted one for 2015 and kind of fell off, so I'm hoping that this one stays active until hopefully the departure of our trip! My husband, Phil, and I have always been avid DL goers. We had annual passes for mulitple years and went once or twice a month, whenever our schedules allowed it. Up until the Navy decided to move us from BEAUTIFUL San Diego (our home) to stinky Lemoore. Side note, Lemoore has grown on us. We actually want to stay here as long as the military lets us! But, back to Disney talk. Phil and I finally started to plan our very first trip to Disney World, we planned to go after his deployment. We ended up taking our trip in September 2015 and had the very best time! People always told us that we would love WDW more than DL, I always denied denied denied. I was the strongest believer that DL will always be my number one, but boy was I wrong. I will gladly admit that I love WDW SO MUCH MORE! After our trip, we were trying so hard to find the time to take another trip. Our schedules are just so complete opposite and we can't ever get time off approved at the same time. So, we decided to wait until 2018 to take a TWO WEEK trip after his next deployment. More details on that at a later time. This report is suppose to be about my 2017 trip, right? You're probably wondering who I might be taking this trip with, if I'm not taking my husband. Well, it's with someone who is very much a big part of my life. MY BEST FRIEND, DOMINIQUE! <3

Dominique (23) and I met in 2013 when we were both living in San Diego, our spouses were both in the same command and we lived right across from each other. We quickly hit it off and became best friends almost right away. We also both realized that we have a crazy Disney addiction and she hopped on the DL AP train. Sadly, the military moved us away from each other. Only about 6 hours, but still, not right across the street. We visited several times, every chance we could swing it. We always discussed eventually going to Disney World together, but never set concrete plans. Back in March she moved to Connecticut, which made me very sad. I haven't seen her since and we knew that we had to make plans for a Disney World trip. I had expressed to her how great it was in September crowd wise and that September would probably be our best bet. So, September it was! We picked some dates and started to look into resorts! We plan on visiting Disney World from September 5, 2017 to September 12, 2017. We are OVER THE MOON excited!!!

Now for some pictures and fun facts! :)

vg0go2.jpg

Phillip and I back on our September 2015 trip.
e7bdib.jpg

Phillip and I back on our September 2015 trip.

Evie
Favorite Disney Movie: Sleeping Beauty
Favorite Disney Character: Donald Duck & Chewbacca (Officially Disney!)
Favorite Disneyland Ride: Matterhorn, hands down.
Favorite WDW Ride: It's a tie between The Great Movie Ride and Spaceship Earth.

bet4ea.jpg

Dominique at Disneyland.

ev0syd.jpg

Dominique and I at Disneyland's 60th 24 hour event.

Dominique
Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Disney Character: Ariel
Favorite Disneyland Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Predicted Favorite Disney World Ride: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Now, onto a few more pictures of us!

1qfupu.jpg

30kukh4.jpg

2ilo49i.jpg

I'm apologizing in advance, my writing isn't the best and I'm not the most creative. So, I appreciate any followers that I do get. :)

That's it for now!

Next Up: Resort Considerations! And, did we book?!?!

Last edited:
I'm back again, with another update! :D

Some of you are *probably* wondering where we decided to stay, and I'm about to share the story of our resort considerations.

We had several options in mind, all very good options.

First up, was . . . . .
art6.jpg

Art of Animation was one
of the top choices, mainly because Dominique is obsessed with The Little Mermaid and the prices weren't bad at all. Down side? It's not usually included in Free Dining or the military promotion if the promotion is renewed for 2017. So, we would have to pay full price. Although, full price wouldn't be bad.

The next consideration was. . . .
Pop-Century-Resort-at-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

Pop Century was another cheap resort option that is typically included in Free Dining and the military promotion. It isn't one of our top choices, but you can't beat the price. I've also seen so many people say that they love POP, so we would be down to give it a try.

Disney-Port-Orleans-Riverside-Royal-Room.jpg

Port Orleans Riverside, Royal Guest Room! This was actually Dominique's choice, she found it on the website and suggested it. I was up for it, because it was what Phil and I were considering before we booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This quickly became our top pick, because the rooms are absolutely beautiful!

So, I called Disney World and got all the prices quotes for the rooms. I spoke with the most fantastic and patient cast member, absolutely loved her! (Her name is Nani) :D Once I got the prices, I put a "hold" on the Royal Guest Room at POR. I called Dominique back and discussed everything with her, and we agreed on the Royal Guest Room. We would just switch over to Free Dining or the military promotion if either were offered.

As much as I wanted to call back and pay the deposit, the reservations line was closed! So, I attempted to make the reservation online but my computer was giving me SO many problems. I decided to just wait until the next evening to call and pay the deposit and finalize booking with the cast member I initially spoke with.

I woke up the next morning and was scrolling around on Facebook, killing time before having to head into work. That's when I learned that the military salute had been renewed! WHAT?! So, I called Disney to confirm and they informed me that the military rates would be releasing at 12:00 PM eastern time. So, of course I called back on my way to work at 9:00 AM pacific time.

I spoke with a very nice gentlemen who quoted prices for me on Pop, POR, annnnnnnnd Animal Kingdom Lodge! We were just humoring the idea, we figured it would be out of our price range. Although, I was secretly dreaming of staying club level at AKL again. I got prices for a Savanna View Room and a Savanna View Room with club level access. The price wasn't too bad, it was around what we were going to pay for the Royal Guest rooms without any discounts.

Dominique and I decided on which resort we would love to spend our week, and I called back and spoke with Nani. She asked if we were ready to book for POR, and I informed her that the military discount had come out and we were wanting to apply that. She said she thought of me when she opened up her email at the start of her shift and saw the annoucement. So, we told her which resort we wanted. We also wanted to include the regular Disney Dining Plan.

So, where are we staying?

Drumroll Please

*drumroll*

. . . . .

animal-kingdom-lodge-00-full.jpg

ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!!!!!!!

I will be returning to Animal Kingdom Lodge and am very excited to introduce Dominique to my love for all things AKL. We booked a Savanna View with club level access room. Exactly what I had in 2015, would it be crazy to request the same room?! I LOVE that room!

The countdown has officially begun! We have 339 days to go! :D :D :D

Next up! : Disney Goals

Last edited:
Following along :wave:

I'm also planning a trip for Sept 2017 and I'm so excited! It looks like you're trip with your friend will be so much fun. I've dreamed at staying at AKL for so long.

Following along :wave:

I'm also planning a trip for Sept 2017 and I'm so excited! It looks like you're trip with your friend will be so much fun. I've dreamed at staying at AKL for so long.

YAY! My first follower! :D :D :D

Have you finalized your dates yet? and resort?

Evie Disney Goals
Four Parks in One Day
Ride all the mountains.
Ride every form of transportation offered.
Purchase a Pandora charm from each park.
Purchase a coffee mug from each park.

Dominique Disney Goals
Four Parks in One Day
Meet Gaston and make him fall in love with me.

If we think of more, we will add more as time progresses. Keep checking back! :D

Next up: Dining Wishlist! As well as flight debates.

Last edited:
YAY! My first follower! :D :D :D

Have you finalized your dates yet? and resort?
I'm traveling with my DH and my parents. They wanted the easiest package and experience this time so we went with a family suite at AoA. All on one package and ADRs and Fastpasses will be simple. We'll be there Sept 25- Oct 2

we are going mid sept 2017 and staying at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness! I think the planning is almost as much fun as the trip itself :D My husband and I are taking our three kids for our middle sons HS graduation. I am looking forward to hearing your trip plans and share in the excitement

Evie Disney Goals
Four Parks in One Day
Ride all the mountains.

Dominique Disney Goals
Four Parks in One Day

If we think of more, we will add more as time progresses. Keep checking back! :D

Next up: Dining Wishlist!

FOUR parks in one day? Wow that is ambitious! You will definately get the opportunity to use all forms of transportation there LOL - take the ferry between epcot and HS ;) I just discovered that was an option the other day! and to think we took the bus last time :X

Following along! We're staying at AKL for the first time in Dec (sadly only standard view) so it's good to hear how awesome it is.

following! wow, you guys have some awesome goals. :) can't wait to read more.

Evie Disney Goals
Four Parks in One Day
Ride all the mountains.

Dominique Disney Goals
Four Parks in One Day

Next up: Dining Wishlist!

I purchased one of the Starbucks mugs in every park! They're my favorite souvenir. :surfweb: It brings a little Disney to me every day.

I'm traveling with my DH and my parents. They wanted the easiest package and experience this time so we went with a family suite at AoA. All on one package and ADRs and Fastpasses will be simple. We'll be there Sept 25- Oct 2
I purchased one of the Starbucks mugs in every park! They're my favorite souvenir. :surfweb: It brings a little Disney to me every day.

AoA seems like a really cool resort, and as you saw, we considered it! Looks like we will be missing each other though. :( I want to get the Starbucks mugs SO bad!

we are going mid sept 2017 and staying at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness! I think the planning is almost as much fun as the trip itself :D My husband and I are taking our three kids for our middle sons HS graduation. I am looking forward to hearing your trip plans and share in the excitement

FOUR parks in one day? Wow that is ambitious! You will definately get the opportunity to use all forms of transportation there LOL - take the ferry between epcot and HS ;) I just discovered that was an option the other day! and to think we took the bus last time :X

I watch SYRS and the cabins look like so much fun! Do you plan on renting a golf cart while there? That looks like one of the coolest parts lol. I didn't even think about taking the ferry between the two! Thank you for the idea!!!

Following along! We're staying at AKL for the first time in Dec (sadly only standard view) so it's good to hear how awesome it is.

I hear that people get upgraded pretty frequently to Savanna view rooms. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :D Have you ever stayed at AKL before?

following! wow, you guys have some awesome goals. :) can't wait to read more.

Welcome! Thank you, we are trying to come up with more.

AoA seems like a really cool resort, and as you saw, we considered it! Looks like we will be missing each other though. :( I want to get the Starbucks mugs SO bad!

I watch SYRS and the cabins look like so much fun! Do you plan on renting a golf cart while there? That looks like one of the coolest parts lol. I didn't even think about taking the ferry between the two! Thank you for the idea!!!

I hear that people get upgraded pretty frequently to Savanna view rooms. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :D Have you ever stayed at AKL before?

Welcome! Thank you, we are trying to come up with more.
Ah I hope so! And no this is the first time.

I'm HERE!

OMGGGGGGGGGG your in AKL!!! I am so excited for you! Is Dominique going to sign up for the Dis and plan with you?
Im so happy you two are able to take this trip together after such a long time! Very excited to read along!!!

I am here from Mo's ptr - I am also going in September - right now I'm booked at Boardwalk Sept 1-10, but I will probably be moving that around. We are DVC and BWV is one of our home resorts. I wanted to be sure to get a room, but our dates and resort will probably change at 7 months.

no golf carts. just sit & wait for the internal bus to come around. not to bad really, they are frequent and forces us to slow down and gives us an opportunity to plan/recap our adventures

A girl's trip, what fun! We've stayed in a savannah view Kidani room a couple of times and now I think I'm going to be bringing my MIL to AKL this coming May (savannah view too). But we're going to probably be staying in Jambo house. I would LOVE to do club level, how awesome is that??

I'm HERE!

OMGGGGGGGGGG your in AKL!!! I am so excited for you! Is Dominique going to sign up for the Dis and plan with you?
Im so happy you two are able to take this trip together after such a long time! Very excited to read along!!!

YESSSS! I'm super stoked about AKL! :D :D :D I don't believe she will, she is kind of letting my have full control of the entire planning process. She's not much into forums.

I am here from Mo's ptr - I am also going in September - right now I'm booked at Boardwalk Sept 1-10, but I will probably be moving that around. We are DVC and BWV is one of our home resorts. I wanted to be sure to get a room, but our dates and resort will probably change at 7 months.

Welcome! :D Boardwalk seems BEAUTIFUL! If my husband and I weren't such creatures of habit, we would love to check it out in the future. We definitely want to at least visit it when him and I go next. Let me know how it all works out for you when it comes time to book! :D

no golf carts. just sit & wait for the internal bus to come around. not to bad really, they are frequent and forces us to slow down and gives us an opportunity to plan/recap our adventures

I actually love the Disney buses, so I would probably skip on the golf cart as well. We don't typically spend a ton of time at the resort, we like to be at the parks.

A girl's trip, what fun! We've stayed in a savannah view Kidani room a couple of times and now I think I'm going to be bringing my MIL to AKL this coming May (savannah view too). But we're going to probably be staying in Jambo house. I would LOVE to do club level, how awesome is that??

Welcome! Jambo House club level is AHHHMAZING! We truly enjoyed our visit there in September 2015, I still rave about the jungle juice. It's what I'm most excited for, as well as the amazing view! I also liked feeling part of something "exclusive" in a way. If you can afford CL at Jambo, I highly recommend it. It's not that much more than a savannah view room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter