You couldn't pay me to go to Disney when.......

Everyone has a price... that said, you couldn't pay me to go to Disney when I don't have the time off or it would endanger my actual employment. Otherwise, I am game. ;)

I think it's great that some people can go whenever they want. Good for them. My husband is a teacher and my daughter is too and now my son is in the teaching profession. We have been going to WDW forever and have always only been able to go during school breaks. My family cannot take off whenever they want. Yes we go during Christmas, winter break, spring break, but the only time we can go for more than one week (we like to go for 2 weeks or longer, sometimes we add on a cruise) is during the summer. We always have a wonderful time. Whenever people ask for opinions on going during peak times I try to give the best advice I can. I really don't like it when people try to rain on other people's parade especially when they cannot change their dates. Maybe because we go so often we know just what to do. I guess I just want people to know that they can still have a great time despite all the negative things that people say to try to make them feel bad. I would go to Disney anytime. We have never had a bad trip. Again it's wonderful that some people can go whenever they want, but a lot of us can't and I prefer to be positive.

Enjoy The Magic!!

I'm in the same boat as you. We're not teachers, but we are tied to the school calendar now. I find myself wishing that Florida's weather wasn't SO extreme during the summers, but that is wishful thinking indeed! :)

I think I misread this post lol. You could always pay me to go to Disney!

It's only when I am paying so much money of our own money to go that I get cranky about crowds and heat. ;)

This is what I was popping in to say. You couldn't pay me five dollars to spend my hard earned money on a vacation during a peak period. But you could certainly pay me five thousand dollars to do it. :thumbsup2 That'd make for a pretty sweet vacation, and we'd just work around the crowds.

New Years Eve you could not pay me to go to MK..maybe I would brave another
park, probably not though due to local traffic all cutting through WDW to access other roads A real nightmare...no definitely not NY Eve

.....if the FP+ rumors are truly limited to 3 per day at one park and they get rid of the normal Fastpass!

Would not spend our time and $$$'s to ever go during holidays and endure the mobs of people - UNLESS it were totally FREE. :)

I think it's great that some people can go whenever they want. Good for them. My husband is a teacher and my daughter is too and now my son is in the teaching profession. We have been going to WDW forever and have always only been able to go during school breaks. My family cannot take off whenever they want. Yes we go during Christmas, winter break, spring break, but the only time we can go for more than one week (we like to go for 2 weeks or longer, sometimes we add on a cruise) is during the summer. We always have a wonderful time. Whenever people ask for opinions on going during peak times I try to give the best advice I can. I really don't like it when people try to rain on other people's parade especially when they cannot change their dates. Maybe because we go so often we know just what to do. I guess I just want people to know that they can still have a great time despite all the negative things that people say to try to make them feel bad. I would go to Disney anytime. We have never had a bad trip. Again it's wonderful that some people can go whenever they want, but a lot of us can't and I prefer to be positive.

Enjoy The Magic!!

My husband has been on school/work rotations for 3 years straight now. He gets a week in between each, Christmas, and an October break. We don't want to take the kids out in October so one week summer and his February week have been our only choices for awhile. I agree with you.. it's what you make of it. When you only have so much to pick from you are just grateful you get to go and you have a blast anyway. Sure August is brutally hot, but we go every year so we're getting something out of it:)

In the heat of the summer-no stinking way! I live in the deep south, already in the heat and you couldn't give me a lifetime of free passes valid in the summer months-NO WAY!

You couldn't pay me to go the week between Christmas and new years. I have no problem in the summer, I find the humidity there about the same as it is here at home (you can argue all you want, but that's my opinion :lmao:) so that doesn't bother me, and I used to only be able to go on march break so we're used to those crowds...but Christmas...no way...Absolutely not

Christmas to NY is out, and that's not a theoretical question. My school gives me off from the day before X-Mas Eve until the day after NY, we could go to WDW that week every year but we don't. Last 2 years we visited DC for a few days, knowing that this week is the most crowded rules it out. For some reason, once the temp hits 90, any further increase doesn't impact me, I'm as uncomfortable as I'm going to get and it's not bad enough to keep us away from WDW.

Bill From PA

For me:

-Dec. 21-Jan 1
-Anytime between Memorial Day and the end of September (particularly the week of July 4th)
-The weeks before and after Easter

I'd also be reluctant to go on my dime during President's Week or Thanksgiving Week (but if someone else was paying . . .).

Definitely between Xmas and New Year's.

And the summer. We are here now (I accommodated a friend until the kids got out of school) and it is a tad hot for me. Yesterday was horribly hot and it poured down rain all evening. But kids had fun.

Today is sunny, partly cloudy, cloudy, rain, and it starts all over again.

I will stick to my week after Thanksgiving forever.

Someone else picking up the tab?I'm in...any season,any holiday,during refurbs,rain,heat,cold,hurricane etc...I'M THERE....WITH BELLS ON!!!!:yay:

Someone else picking up the tab?I'm in...any season,any holiday,during refurbs,rain,heat,cold,hurricane etc...I'M THERE....WITH BELLS ON!!!!:yay:

I agree. I can always find something to do there.

I'll never go in August again. Not trying to make anyone feel bad, BTW. :confused3

That bad huh?

I alternate between being excited for this upcoming August trip and dreading it because of the heat. Oh well. If it's not worth it, I guess we'll have to find a new vacation spot for a while.

ArwenMarie said:
That bad huh?

I alternate between being excited for this upcoming August trip and dreading it because of the heat. Oh well. If it's not worth it, I guess we'll have to find a new vacation spot for a while.

We went in August last year and I felt the same dread. Do you live somewhere by August is hot anyway? Do you or anyone else going work in a place without air? If yes to either of those questions, I honestly believe you'll have a great trip, better to be in Disney then working any day! :)

That bad huh?

Where are you from? It's all relative. We went near the end of August last year and it was hot. But wasn't too humid at all-was pleasantly suprised. It can be worse in NY than WDW at that time. I was expecting a sauna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter