• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You can add DDP up to 48 hrs. before ressie

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
I just booked our room at POP for 9/6 to 9/16 in anticipation of free DDP being available on Monday. I learned something interesting from CM who booked me. He told me you can make any changes to your ressie up until 48 hours before, and as long as it results in an increase in price, they don't charge you for the change (except for the extra cost, of course).

This means you can add DDP up until 48 hrs. before your ressie without a problem. Within 48 hrs. the computers won't allow it. I've seen many questions regarding adding DDP on, and when was the cut-off, so this is what I was told. This won't apply to my ressie since I plan on getting the free DDP added on on Monday! :goodvibes :woohoo: :woohoo:

Just thought you might like to know. :love:

The recommendation is typically either three or five days prior. While two days prior is possible, it is dependent on whoever you booked your vacation with being open and able to take your call at that time. Member Services, for example, is closed over the weekends, as are many travel agencies. If you're checking in on Monday, your last chance to add or remove the Dining Plan is Friday, since Saturday you cannot even get anyone to answer the telephone. Holidays and computer outages make it even more essential to make the decision earlier than the absolute last minute.

Thanks for the additional info-I was simply pointing out what I was told but if I was wanting to add DDP (paid for), I would certainly do it with more than 48 hrs. lead time. When do they start counting the time? From check-in time or they start of the day? Just wanted to share :goodvibes

Seems likely that they'd count it from the time reservations are downloaded into hotel computers from central reservations. I believe that happens at like 2am or 3am (and based on what you've heard, the early morning of the day two days prior to the date you check in).

The recommendation is typically either three or five days prior. While two days prior is possible, it is dependent on whoever you booked your vacation with being open and able to take your call at that time. Member Services, for example, is closed over the weekends, as are many travel agencies. If you're checking in on Monday, your last chance to add or remove the Dining Plan is Friday, since Saturday you cannot even get anyone to answer the telephone. Holidays and computer outages make it even more essential to make the decision earlier than the absolute last minute.

I'm with Bicker. We added the DDP 5 days before our last trip.
If I really, really wanted the DDP plan I wouldn't wait until 48 hours (just in case). Not sure why, but CM's do not seem to have the same answer for adding on the DDP to a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter