• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht club is WHAT for Feb. 2008?!?!?!?!

bhoffman

All for two princesses and a prince!
Oh my...tell me if this seems strange. I have paid my deposit on our reservation for 2/24 - 3/1 2008 and they have us down for $482.63 PER NIGHT (through Dreams unlimited). This seems so high to me. We have stayed there many times and that rate just seems so high. Has anyone else booked a reservation for Feb. 2008 and what were you charged per night? Just curious. I know codes/AAA rates and for that matter, the real rates, are yet to come out, but just going with what we know now, that is what we are going to have to pay....just looking for other opinions....thanks!

For whatever reason, that seems to be a very popular weekend at Disney.....either way, that does seem high. Thats a room only reservation? Is it standard view?

Here in New England, most cities/towns have a week long February vacation coinciding with Presidents weekend. We only stay at the YC/BC and we can never go during February, April, or Christmas vacations because that IS what the price is :scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek: during those weeks typically WITH the AAA discount :scared1: :eek:

Oh my...tell me if this seems strange. I have paid my deposit on our reservation for 2/24 - 3/1 2008 and they have us down for $482.63 PER NIGHT (through Dreams unlimited). This seems so high to me. We have stayed there many times and that rate just seems so high. Has anyone else booked a reservation for Feb. 2008 and what were you charged per night? Just curious. I know codes/AAA rates and for that matter, the real rates, are yet to come out, but just going with what we know now, that is what we are going to have to pay....just looking for other opinions....thanks!
Well, you are traveling during what is traditionally considered PEAK season - of course the prices will be more than value season. That price doesn't seem at all unusual to me.

I agree that it seems high but that does fall within Peak Season and the rate for a standard is $429 plus 12.5% tax. Ouch!

Sounds like a case of "sticker shock"! :scared1:

Given the 12.5% tax at peak season rates, that's what it is per night.

Are you certain you can't go another time?

I remember the days of paying $330 a night for Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge with the resident discount. Sadly, that wasn't very long ago. I still don't go without a discount available. Then again, I live here so I can pick and choose when to go.

Wishing you deep discounts. Good luck....

Thanks for the replies. Obviously it is during peak season, we have been there 4 times in the last 4 years and will be there 3 times in the next year, I have a pretty good grasp on the pricing at Disney. Just is a LOT more than we usually have paid. Hopefully some type of discount will come out....we can't go any other time, we have airline tickets purchased and my DH wants to be there for his leap year birthday. As my husband says "just be glad we are blessed enough to afford it even if it is that price". Thanks again for the replies.

Also, we checked into the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary for the same time and we couldn't even get a ressie at those! Must be a hot time to go!

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. I can't fathom paying that much for any room, anywhere, any time.

That being said, to each his own.

Yes, it is high, which is why I posted, however, it will not keep us from staying there (and obviously a lot of other people, supply and demand at work here!). We have paid much more other places for hotels it just seems high for Disney. I suppose that is why they have three "tiers" of hotels, one for everyone! It just surprised me when I actually looked at it per night, not the whole trip all together.

Not to make you feel worse but that rate does not include the 2008 increase which has been 10$/ day the past several years.

That same week this year fell into the 'Wonderful Weeks Of Disney" or whatever that was part of the 40% discount code that came out earlier this year.

Maybe you'll get lucky on that same offer or a similar one next year!

Knox

Yes, it is high, which is why I posted, however, it will not keep us from staying there (and obviously a lot of other people, supply and demand at work here!). We have paid much more other places for hotels it just seems high for Disney. I suppose that is why they have three "tiers" of hotels, one for everyone! It just surprised me when I actually looked at it per night, not the whole trip all together.

Ouch! Have you considered looking into renting DVC points at the Beach Club? It isn't the Yacht Club, but at 13 pts./night I'm sure that paying (throwing out a number because I'm not sure what points typcially rent for) $15/points would work out to around $200/night.

I know I should know this, but what is Dreams unlimited. I usually book online, room only. Is that the best way? Last time we went I wasn't able to get the AAA at the Poly, or any other discount, for that matter. Any little tips would help :) Thank you.

I know I should know this, but what is Dreams unlimited. I usually book online, room only. Is that the best way? Last time we went I wasn't able to get the AAA at the Poly, or any other discount, for that matter. Any little tips would help :) Thank you.

Dreams Unlimited is the official travel agency of the DIS -

Check them out at www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com for an awesome experience with your Disney travel

then that's the price. Does seem crazy high to me. We stay at Deluxe resorts but we've never, I repeat NEVER paid rack rate. And never will. I like the idea of renting points at the BCV. You'll get a much better price that way. We're staying at the BC in July for $194.50 a night plus tax (AP discount). Do you have AP's? Perhaps you could consider one person in your group getting an AP and hopefully decent rates will come out for your time frame. We've been staying at deluxe Disney resorts since 1999, with the exception of last year when we stayed at moderates (rough year!), and we've never paid rack rate.

PamNC

Dreams Unlimited is a travel agency specializing in Disney travel. I usually book our room-only reservations myself, but working through a travel agency gives you an advantage because they will do all they can to make sure you get a discount applied to your room as soon as they are announced. Sometimes they offer other incentives to book through them, too. It doesn't hurt to get a free quote, and if the price is the same or less than what you can get booking it yourself, then let the travel agent do the legwork of finding and applying a discount when it comes out.

:faint: I am so glad we are going in early Feb. We have a lake view at $385+tax and I thought that was bad in value season.

bhoffman: chances are good we'll see some sort of discount beyond AAA for those dates. That's my week (the week after P-week), and in both 06 and 07 we've had both AP rates and package rates. The package threw in free hopping/water parks-n-more, plus a modest discount on the room. For the Deluxes, the AP rates were generally a better deal. For Values and Moderates, the package was a better deal assuming you wanted either hopping *or* water park options.

Of course, who knows if they'll use the same marketing plan in '08? But, that week is traditionally part of the lull between the P-week and spring break storms, so I'd expect *something*.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter