Wyndham Reunion Resort

goalierich

DisDad Member #12
Hello Folks:

I just got back from my WDW trip, and we stayed offsite at the Wyndham Reunion resort. It was great! We had a 3bed/ 3 bath unit for 7 days, which space is good when you have kids and family joining you. My DD7 and DS4 loved it. It has its own water park with 3 waterslides, a lazy river, a water bucket pouring water on you constantly, and this resort has 3 golf courses on it (unfortunately I did not have time to play on any of them). It is about a 10-15 minute drive to Disney, very close to I-4, and about 30-40 minutes to Legoland. The unit has a huge patio to it as well. We stay in one of the 4-florr building, not the hi-rise hotel. Our unit overlooked Hole 14, par 5 Tom Watson course (the other 2 courses are Arnold Palmer and jack Nicklaus). It is well maintained, beautiful landscaping, and there are several other pools besides the waterpark. They do have a fitness center, but I did not make it over there. My family has already asked me to go back there for next year's vacation. I hope this review helps anyone that is thinking about staying here. Take care.

Thanks for the review! Couple of questions...we have stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and just wondering if you have as well and compare? Also, are you a Wyndham owner, and did your check in have to be on a Sat or Sun, if you know?

Any pics?

I have not stayed at Bonnet Creek, but my brother has, and he and his family visited me when we were there. He thought that the Wyndham reunion resort was nicer, and much bigger, but Bonnet Creek is right on Disney, so take your pick. Our check in was Friday to Friday, and no, we are not Wyndham owners. I do think that you can check in on saturday or sunday as well (maybe even other days).

I tried to load up some pics, but it did not go through. I will try later on though. I hope this helps.

below is the building we had stayed at.

2012vacation166.jpg

Here is the Reunion Hotel from our patio

2012vacation153.jpg

Here is the living room

2012vacation149.jpg

Also, if you go to youtube, and type in reunion resort, or wyndham reunion resort, several videos will show you around the place.

Thanks so much! Those pics look pretty nice! One more question, sorry...do you remember whether the water park was included in your stay or would you need to pay extra for it? I read once that staying in the Wyndham section using points (renting points as well), you could use ALL the amenities including the water park, but if you rented a villa that was owned by a single owner then you had to pay a fee. Now, this may be backwards in my head right now, I have been up all night at work and may not even be making any sense right now so I apologize.....:rolleyes1

Thanks again for the review, though!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much! Those pics look pretty nice! One more question, sorry...do you remember whether the water park was included in your stay or would you need to pay extra for it? I read once that staying in the Wyndham section using points (renting points as well), you could use ALL the amenities including the water park, but if you rented a villa that was owned by a single owner then you had to pay a fee. Now, this may be backwards in my head right now, I have been up all night at work and may not even be making any sense right now so I apologize.....:rolleyes1

Thanks again for the review, though!:thumbsup2

What you stated is true, staying in the Wyndham section using points (renting points as well), you could use ALL the amenities including the water park, but if you rented a villa that was owned by a single owner then you had to pay a fee.

Alos, I other thing to point out, this is a cashless place, so if you want to buy food, gifts, etc., on the property, you will have to put it on a credit card. I think that they will load your room key card to take the charges,,then it will show up on your credit card. We did not use this, as we made/ cook our own food (Publix grocery store is across the street). I hope this helps.

What you stated is true, staying in the Wyndham section using points (renting points as well), you could use ALL the amenities including the water park, but if you rented a villa that was owned by a single owner then you had to pay a fee.

Alos, I other thing to point out, this is a cashless place, so if you want to buy food, gifts, etc., on the property, you will have to put it on a credit card. I think that they will load your room key card to take the charges,,then it will show up on your credit card. We did not use this, as we made/ cook our own food (Publix grocery store is across the street). I hope this helps.

Again, thanks for the info..especially the extra info about charging to the room. It's not something we tend to do when we stay offsite from Disney. We don't like to use our credit cards since we are Canadian and would have to pay conversions fees and such. But that is good to know BEFORE you arrive somewhere!

I am definitely considering this resort for an extended family trip next Oct. If we can't get a trade into DVC, this would be great with the water park attached!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter