Wrong Time Confrmed for Individual Lightening Lane Confirmation - Cancelation Still Possible?

pokee99

Mouseketeer
I bought an ILL for Rise at around 10AM that listed a 10:30 AM return time. After I booked it, the confirmation listed 4:30PM. We'll be leaving the park at noon, so obviously that's $40 down the drain because the app gave us the wrong time. Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot.

Since I can't cancel in the app, is there any way to get a refund at guest relations?

Or, at the very least, override the 6 hour return time and give us an immediate return time so we can ride before we leave at noon?

Last edited:
Already planned to visit guest relations. But want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. Already spending 2 hours in the standby line at Rise so I can get in before noon.

Can anyone right at or near the ride help me? I'm pushing a wheelchair, so hoping to save some steps.

*Update* there was a guest relations close by and they apologized and said it sometimes happens where the return times are wrong (this one had a 6 hour discrepancy, but who's counting... lol). The CM said I should be able to cancel myself - but there's no option to do so in the app, and T&C clearly state that ILL are non-refundable, sooooo... not sure why he said that. He was able to refund me manually.

*Update* there was a guest relations close by and they apologized and said it sometimes happens where the return times are wrong (this one had a 6 hour discrepancy, but who's counting... lol). The CM said I should be able to cancel myself - but there's no option to do so in the app, and T&C clearly state that ILL are non-refundable, sooooo... not sure why he said that. He was able to refund me manually.
I had a 9 hour discrepancy last month at WDW for Flight of Passage so it sounds like Disneyland still has some IT to break to catch up to the sister park 😆

It is understandable that there will be IT glitches here and there. I just wish they were more up front in their literature about handling app SNAFUS. But I guess that doesn't sell many Genie+ passes. When I told the CM at GR about my app problems specific to my phone, he said I'm not alone and there's a long list of those. Guess they're still working out all the bugs.

T&C clearly state that ILL are non-refundable, sooooo... not sure why he said that. He was able to refund me manually.
Non-refundable doesn't mean "you're screwed if our computer systems mess something up."

Plane tickets are non-refundable too, but if you book a trip from Phoenix to Denver on April 30 and they put you on a flight from Cleveland to Los Angeles on June 8, you're obviously not on the hook for that.

Non-refundable doesn't mean "you're screwed if our computer systems mess something up."

Plane tickets are non-refundable too, but if you book a trip from Phoenix to Denver on April 30 and they put you on a flight from Cleveland to Los Angeles on June 8, you're obviously not on the hook for that.
Yes, but if they are non-refundable why would there be a cancel option like the CM said? (And it sounds like there is not.)

Well, a lot of plane tickets are refundable within 24 hours, so you can double check the reservation that was made.

And in this case, unlike a botched plane ticket, I was not able to prove it was their IT glitch vs. me just changing my mind.

Non-refundable usually means Non-refundable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter