WOW .. Has Be Our Guest Changed!?!?

That's the standard policy at BoG. Slows down table turn way too much to allow people to get up and go meet the beast while they're still dining. I realize you stated that there was no line at the time, but if they allowed folks to meet him during their meal...there probably would have been a line. It also creates problems for servers when they take your table's order, then everyone leaves to go meet the beast, and your server returns with your food to an empty table.

Also, they want the table empty ASAP to fill it again, this gives them more money per table per seating. If we wandered away between courses, and maybe even had to queue for the Beast, it would take diners an age to finish up and clear out for the next party to use it. Last year we dined at 4pm, and didn't queue for the Beast, so we've booked the same time for next Wednesday. A little early to eat for some but it works for us.

Also, they want the table empty ASAP to fill it again, this gives them more money per table per seating. If we wandered away between courses, and maybe even had to queue for the Beast, it would take diners an age to finish up and clear out for the next party to use it. Last year we dined at 4pm, and didn't queue for the Beast, so we've booked the same time for next Wednesday. A little early to eat for some but it works for us.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said it slows down table turn too much.

I was hoping someone was going to post that the food has improved. I can't imagine BOG changing to be even worse than it already is. I went for lunch after they were open for about 4 months and it was the most disgusting, stale, old food I have ever been served in my life. I have had better food at a Roy Rogers in a rest stop on the Garden State Prkwy at 10pm. I had all my meals refunded since they were inedible. It's really too bad because it is such a lovely atmosphere. I've thought about just going for dessert since The Grey Stuff is pretty yum.

We used to love dinner there but last summer the menu had changed and we were sorely disappointed. The French Onion Soup is GOOD but not $9 good. The seafood dish was no longer served in the puff pastry and we all had a hard time deciding what to get (I think the salmon was gone too). NOW I saw recently that they've gone & changed the mussels on the appetizer menu (which USED TO BE TO DIE FOR) so I doubt we'll be back for dinner for a long time - at least until the menu is tweaked again. We're trying lunch there in January but if it sucks we'll cross that off going back too.

We used to love dinner there but last summer the menu had changed and we were sorely disappointed. The French Onion Soup is GOOD but not $9 good. The seafood dish was no longer served in the puff pastry and we all had a hard time deciding what to get (I think the salmon was gone too). NOW I saw recently that they've gone & changed the mussels on the appetizer menu (which USED TO BE TO DIE FOR) so I doubt we'll be back for dinner for a long time - at least until the menu is tweaked again. We're trying lunch there in January but if it sucks we'll cross that off going back too.
We went for dinner there last week and it was our first time. I wasn't aware they no longer had the seafood puff pastry until I got there, and ended up with the seafood pasta instead. It was SO salty and just...blah. DH got the steak and didn't even eat half of it. The steak he got at Sci-Fi was better than BOG. The restaurant itself was beautiful, but the meal was disappointing. It was a real bummer after looking forward to it for months.

We ate there 4 times this week - 3 breakfast and one lunch. I would never say that the food was good - it was ok.

Breakfast on Day 1 - fine. I call the staff on that day the A Team. Warm food, promptly served, order correct.

Breakfast on Day 2 - hmmm. I call the staff on that day the F Team. We were the first to arrive at the restaurant. We had preordered our food. We were the first to be seated in the West Wing room. The entire room filled and every other table had their food - we still didn't have ours. Servers/managers were constantly coming around, picking up out receipt, talking to someone on walkie talkies and saying it was coming, but no food. Finally (other people in the room had finished eating and were leaving) I walked to the front and spoke to someone about it. Our food arrived a few minutes later - cold. I told them it was cold and they offered me a deal - eat the cold food and get a use any time, any park fast pass for everyone in the party. I took the deal. They finally brought me the fast pass - but it was dated 10 days prior to the actual date. I told them about it, and they scratched the date out with a pen and corrected it - which to me would never work on a ride. So - back to the front. The manager there said it wasn't a valid fast pass because of the date change. She told me she would fix it but didn't have time to do it then and walked off. I found someone else to do it.

Breakfast on Day 3 - food fine, order correct, service withing ok range. BUT - regular coffee in the decaf machine. This set off my AFib. Thanks!

Lunch Day 4 - order mostly correct (wrong cupcake), service ok, food ehh. The turkey sandwich was ok, the braised pork I can't speak to because I don't eat that (my husband said it was fine - nothing special), the croque monsieur sandwich was a soggy, greasy mess. Casey's has better fries.

So - beautiful venue and early admission to the park are why I would return. We would order a coke and a cupcake for breakfast and be done with it.

We had dinner there last week - got in just a few minutes after our 4:45 pm ressie, no complaints there. Soon after we were seated Beast made his entrance and went to the room to greet guests, but we were strongly encouraged (forced?) to wait until after dinner to meet him (even though there was no line at the time....) so we waited.
Dinner was quite tasty - I got the pan seared chicken breast - more chicken than I cared to eat, but light on the rice. The mushrooms and sauce really made the dish, they were delicious. My DD and DSIL both ordered the steak and shrimp which came cooked correctly and they both liked very much. My DGS (2.5) got the turkey meatloaf shaped like Mickey Mouse and he had great fun with that - but I think he liked the sweet and sour sauce that came with it as much as the meatloaf. Desserts varied - my DD was not thrilled with her triple choc cupcake; did not finish it. I loved my strawberry cream cheese frosted cupcake. My DSIL did not care for the grey stuff cake - felt the cake was almost cookie-crisp dry, and the grey stuff didn't impress him much. Grandson, on the other hand, loved his and ate the rest of his dads, as well.
My big disappointment was the Beast left before we finished dessert, and there was a huge line out the door when we got up - and Beast not even there! - and the 2 1/2 year old was fading too fast for us to wait in the line. I really wish I could have gotten a pic with the Beast, and in hindsight probably should have told the rest of the group to go on without me so that I could wait as long as it took. Hindsight really is 20/20. :( Seems like Disney should work it as they do with other character meals and have him visit tables, or call tables over to him if he can't navigate the crowded dining room. I'd have happily let my chicken get cool if it meant I could walk right up and get pics with the Beast!

He has to take breaks, that's when the line forms. The line moves pretty quickly once he gets back from his break and parade around the restaurant. But you didn't wait, so you don't know.
As was stated before, the set up is a meet and greet with the Beast after dinner, not a character meal. And even in a character meal, you don't have zero wait. You have to wait for the characters to get to your table. Granted, you can wait while eating and sitting, but you are still waiting.

Really? I thought they guaranteed characters would be at character meals. You just have no idea which ones.
Nope. Read the full T&C. That said, they usually compensate if there are none. But BOG isn't a character meal per its own T&C.

We ate there 4 times this week - 3 breakfast and one lunch. I would never say that the food was good - it was ok.

Breakfast on Day 1 - fine. I call the staff on that day the A Team. Warm food, promptly served, order correct.

Breakfast on Day 2 - hmmm. I call the staff on that day the F Team. We were the first to arrive at the restaurant. We had preordered our food. We were the first to be seated in the West Wing room. The entire room filled and every other table had their food - we still didn't have ours. Servers/managers were constantly coming around, picking up out receipt, talking to someone on walkie talkies and saying it was coming, but no food. Finally (other people in the room had finished eating and were leaving) I walked to the front and spoke to someone about it. Our food arrived a few minutes later - cold. I told them it was cold and they offered me a deal - eat the cold food and get a use any time, any park fast pass for everyone in the party. I took the deal. They finally brought me the fast pass - but it was dated 10 days prior to the actual date. I told them about it, and they scratched the date out with a pen and corrected it - which to me would never work on a ride. So - back to the front. The manager there said it wasn't a valid fast pass because of the date change. She told me she would fix it but didn't have time to do it then and walked off. I found someone else to do it.

Breakfast on Day 3 - food fine, order correct, service withing ok range. BUT - regular coffee in the decaf machine. This set off my AFib. Thanks!

Lunch Day 4 - order mostly correct (wrong cupcake), service ok, food ehh. The turkey sandwich was ok, the braised pork I can't speak to because I don't eat that (my husband said it was fine - nothing special), the croque monsieur sandwich was a soggy, greasy mess. Casey's has better fries.

So - beautiful venue and early admission to the park are why I would return. We would order a coke and a cupcake for breakfast and be done with it.
That all sounds terrible. I don't know why you kept going back...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter