WOW .. Has Be Our Guest Changed!?!?

Lothlórien

Living the Mouse Dream
Be our guest has been one of our favorite counter service lunches. This trip it was such a disappointment. I guess now they've got everybody hooked in to ensure a full house each time and so they have really cut back on everything.

We were just there earlier this year and the food was still quite good.

The coq au vin is (was) my favorite, but it has really changed. It lacks flavor and the portion is smaller and there's hardly any meat in it.

We used to love the quiche, but now it's pretty much just a big scrambled egg. It no longer has flavor, (other than scrambled egg), they ditched that wonderful crust and have really cut back on the veggies in it.

We also really liked the croque monsier but it has changed as well. There is barely any ham in it, there is no longer enough cheese to drip out of the sides and the bread did not taste good like it has in the past.

Even the masters cupcake is different. The grey stuff is the same, but the cupcake itself is not as light and chocolaty.

Oh Disney!!!! What have you done?!?!?

Last edited:
We were there for dinner in October & actually felt it had improved. Sorry you hit it on an off day. :(

Try dinner there...it's much better! Steak was very good...kid's shrimp meal was also good. Although I still love the breakfast doughnut croissant!

We were there for dinner in October & actually felt it had improved. Sorry you hit it on an off day. :(
It's not an "off day". We dined here twice this trip and the menu items have been changed. It's not a matter of the way the cook prepared it that day, but it's the fact that they've change the way it is served.

Try dinner there...it's much better! Steak was very good...kid's shrimp meal was also good. Although I still love the breakfast doughnut croissant!
We've had dinner here about five times. We do prefer the lunch over the dinner. Although I do love the shrimp, lobster and scallops at dinner

We felt the same way in October, we have had lunch here 5 times and we were not impressed this last time. The Croque Monsieur was terrible, the fries less and my beloved turkey sandwich was dry and not good. We are giving it one more chance in February and if still lacking we will be done with BOG for awhile, so sad. Love the place. In October the CM's were flustered, cranky, and the place looked sloppy.

We tried breakfast there in October, and wasn't impressed at all. Back when BOG first opened, we ate there for dinner and it was delicious. I'm going to try dinner again next time.

No, on the menu, it's called "Braised Pork".

It's cooked coq a vin style, but it's definitely called "braised pork".

People who know what coq a vin are going to be expecting chicken if you go around calling it that.

Okay, so be it. :)

Dont get your tinsel in a tangle. ;)

We had dinner there last week - got in just a few minutes after our 4:45 pm ressie, no complaints there. Soon after we were seated Beast made his entrance and went to the room to greet guests, but we were strongly encouraged (forced?) to wait until after dinner to meet him (even though there was no line at the time....) so we waited.
Dinner was quite tasty - I got the pan seared chicken breast - more chicken than I cared to eat, but light on the rice. The mushrooms and sauce really made the dish, they were delicious. My DD and DSIL both ordered the steak and shrimp which came cooked correctly and they both liked very much. My DGS (2.5) got the turkey meatloaf shaped like Mickey Mouse and he had great fun with that - but I think he liked the sweet and sour sauce that came with it as much as the meatloaf. Desserts varied - my DD was not thrilled with her triple choc cupcake; did not finish it. I loved my strawberry cream cheese frosted cupcake. My DSIL did not care for the grey stuff cake - felt the cake was almost cookie-crisp dry, and the grey stuff didn't impress him much. Grandson, on the other hand, loved his and ate the rest of his dads, as well.
My big disappointment was the Beast left before we finished dessert, and there was a huge line out the door when we got up - and Beast not even there! - and the 2 1/2 year old was fading too fast for us to wait in the line. I really wish I could have gotten a pic with the Beast, and in hindsight probably should have told the rest of the group to go on without me so that I could wait as long as it took. Hindsight really is 20/20. :( Seems like Disney should work it as they do with other character meals and have him visit tables, or call tables over to him if he can't navigate the crowded dining room. I'd have happily let my chicken get cool if it meant I could walk right up and get pics with the Beast!

Disney do not consider BOG a character meal, and the T&C at reservation both say so, and do not guarantee Beast's presence.

And perhaps they should. They may or may not care about my opinion on the matter, but I plan to give Disney some feedback about that.

And perhaps they should. They may or may not care about my opinion on the matter, but I plan to give Disney some feedback about that.
They do not ever guarantee character presence at any character meal. There are a lot of CM variables that they simply cannot control.

We were there in Oct and it was fantastic as always. Great lunch and great atmosphere.

Okay, so be it. :)

Dont get your tinsel in a tangle. ;)

His tinsel is fine. He is making sure your review does not mislead those people who trust you know what you are talking about. The meal is braised pork, and is not coq au Vin. It is on the lunch menu, and has been since BOG opened it's doors, and is quite similar to the pork my Mom always made for us, which was the same her Mom did. Her family originated from Alsace-Lorraine.

Soon after we were seated Beast made his entrance and went to the room to greet guests, but we were strongly encouraged (forced?) to wait until after dinner to meet him (even though there was no line at the time....) so we waited.

That's the standard policy at BoG. Slows down table turn way too much to allow people to get up and go meet the beast while they're still dining. I realize you stated that there was no line at the time, but if they allowed folks to meet him during their meal...there probably would have been a line. It also creates problems for servers when they take your table's order, then everyone leaves to go meet the beast, and your server returns with your food to an empty table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!