WOW! 7 days on the DDP & SIGNIFICANT $avings for us!-even with credits left over!

Teppan Edo looked great! Just to clarify, EVERYONE in your party must be present in order to be seated? So, no bathrooms for littles or sight-seeing for aloof in-laws? Wonderful thread-- many thanks!

Teppan Edo looked great! Just to clarify, EVERYONE in your party must be present in order to be seated? So, no bathrooms for littles or sight-seeing for aloof in-laws? Wonderful thread-- many thanks!

We were unable to be seated at the Biergarten or at Teppan Edo right away for this reason. If members of your party are in the bathroom, you'll have to wait until they come out. In fact, specifically at 50's PTC we waited until we were seated at about 8:15 before Scrooge and Steven ran out to get EMH fast passes to Rock and Roller Coaster and TOT. Which meant we (I) got picked on by our waiter while they were gone. It was pretty funny though!

I'm really enjoying your reviews! Thanks for sharing them along with the great pictures. That Apple Stack a few meals ago sounds and looks delicious!!!

I look forward to seeing the rest.

Thanks!
Melissa

I'm really enjoying your reviews! Thanks for sharing them along with the great pictures. That Apple Stack a few meals ago sounds and looks delicious!!!

I look forward to seeing the rest.

Thanks!
Melissa

Thanks! I am a fruit pastry freak when it comes to desserts. I'm not really a dessert person in general but give me an apple pie (although mine is the best lol), a truly great bread pudding or anything with fresh berries and I'm a pretty happy girl. This honestly was one of my all time favorite desserts ever, anywhere and I was in the high end restaurant business for many many years. Kona will be a stop for me on every trip from now on, if I have my way! I had other fruit pastry things on the trip, pretty much every night, this won HANDS down. I don't think the picture does it justice at all! The apple and wonton colors just don't translate as well digitally.

Teppan looks awesome!! My DH isn't very adventurous so we would probably never go there. I can live through all of you who do!!

Teppan looks awesome!! My DH isn't very adventurous so we would probably never go there. I can live through all of you who do!!

You know, while the ambiance and "show" might seem adventurous, the food really isn't. It's just steak, chicken or shrimp, cooked nicely that you can dip in sauce. Simple but very yummy!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! We are 100% going to Kona's and probably doing the Japanese dinner. Thanks for the info. on the rice. My DD9 usually orders fried rice for dinner when we go to our local Japanese Steak House so I'm concerned about what she would order....but I guess she'll have to figure something out:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: cause' mama is getting Japanese!

Ok hearing that the kids like Teppan I have now added it to our list. Loving the report cant wait for more!

Ok, I'm in too.

So far you've reviewed 2 places on my list, Kona and Teppan Edo, thanks, you got me excited now. :goodvibes

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! We are 100% going to Kona's and probably doing the Japanese dinner. Thanks for the info. on the rice. My DD9 usually orders fried rice for dinner when we go to our local Japanese Steak House so I'm concerned about what she would order....but I guess she'll have to figure something out:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: cause' mama is getting Japanese!

it is at least a different menu than at most places! The two younger ones were far too entertained to even think about what was missing! I tried hard to pick places that didn't have just mac and cheese and nuggets on the kids menus.

You could easily mix the veggies and whichever meat she chooses into the sticky rice and add soy or one of the sauces and that would be pretty yummy! Not quite the same as fried rice but....I'll admit. I missed the option of the garlic butter or egg on the shrimp and they were not big butterflied prawns as I've had elsewhere but the quality of the steak was really really good and the prawns (and prawn dipping sauce which the little ones went nutso over) very very good!

Ok, I'm in too.

So far you've reviewed 2 places on my list, Kona and Teppan Edo, thanks, you got me excited now. :goodvibes

Cool! I can't believe how well we did actually. Everywhere we chose for TS I would eat at again. I know I will want to try different places but still, that's exciting!

We are going to Kona and Teppan Edo!! I am excited about both. Enjoying your reviews!

I am loving this report. I never wanted to go to Teppan...now I am fitting it into our plan!!!!!

I am loving this report. I never wanted to go to Teppan...now I am fitting it into our plan!!!!!

And you get our chef! :) It's funny, I was torn btw Tokyo and Teppan and in general the Tokyo reviews are better but DH was adamant that the kids would love Teppan and he was SO right!

Kona Breakfast is delish!!!.. we did that last time, and will probably do it again this time. HIGHLY recommend it! either TONGA Toast or the big Kahuna (the pinapple panicakes are to die for!)

I have to agree with PP. DH and I did Kona BF for the first time on our last trip . . . OMG!! AMAZING is all I can say! I had the macadamia nut pancakes with pineapple and DH had an omelet . . . he's a bit boring! Those pancakes were out of this world. I came home and tried to replicate them with no such luck! Mine were ok, but nothing like Kona's!

The pressed pot coffee is wonderful too! I am desperately trying to get an ADR and squeeze it in on our trip next month. I really want those pancakes again!!!

I have to agree with PP. DH and I did Kona BF for the first time on our last trip . . . OMG!! AMAZING is all I can say! I had the macadamia nut pancakes with pineapple and DH had an omelet . . . he's a bit boring! Those pancakes were out of this world. I came home and tried to replicate them with no such luck! Mine were ok, but nothing like Kona's!

The pressed pot coffee is wonderful too! I am desperately trying to get an ADR and squeeze it in on our trip next month. I really want those pancakes again!!!
Ooh, DH would love those

Kona Breakfast is delish!!!.. we did that last time, and will probably do it again this time. HIGHLY recommend it! either TONGA Toast or the big Kahuna (the pinapple panicakes are to die for!)

I am DYING to try the Tonga toast. Sadly with the crew on west coast time, I can't see us making it there for breakfast. WAH WAH WAH! Maybe I can ditch them? I really wanted to do one TS breakfast but it just didn't pencil with the DDP but if we go during food and wine, or manage to snag free dining next time than I'll go by myself if I have to!

With our somewhat disastrous hop the night before to DHS I really wanted to get the gang going early this day. Of course, it was President's day so no matter where we went, it would likely be ugly. We'd picked DHS for the PM EMH but I wanted to at least arrive before all the FP's were gone so tried to convince the crew we could eat breakfast there as we had so many CS credits still to use.

Despite my best intentions (and complicated by the fact that DSS had been up WAY too late getting some homework done and emailed out) we did not arrive until close to 11. After grabbing our R&R FP's, we headed straight to Starring Rolls (which had not been on my CS list of places to try here it did seem like our only semi-bfast option) and I found that I was faced with a group of very indecisive folks. By the time we figured out what folks had wanted, CS breakfast was officially over.

5 of us elected to eat at Starring Rolls and Scrooge headed off to get a turkey leg. We got either the ham sandwich on focaccia or the turkey on focaccia. I will speak to the Turkey, as that's what I had. They let us do side switching for chips or fruit, no issues there. Wall-E wanted a chocolate muffin, milk and a banana. As CS breakfast was over we couldn't do it as a CS credit but the very nice CM somehow factored in both items as sides and then we just bought his milk. So still more CS left over. Sigh.

The sandwiches were HUGE and gorgeous. I'd heard pretty dismal reviews about this place so was pretty shocked. They'd looked good in the case, far more appealing than any of the pastries (which didn't look bad mind you, the sandwiches just looked BETTER!). Mine had pepperocini's, super thick moist mozzarella and lots of juicy turkey, Probably some other stuff too but that's what I recall. The bread was moist and appropriately a little greasy on top (that buttery/oily feeling good focaccia should have) and was just fabulous! I swear it was a whole sandwich, two big wedges an I wish I had a picture to prove it to myself as when we ran into the same sandwich elsewhere, it was only one half.

Tink had the same thing and it was here the eating turned habits around for the trip, she ate better from then on. She gobbled it up. Steven and Goofy had the ham and said it was incredible. Wall-E inhaled his muffin so it must have been ok. We had lovely CM's and lovely lovely food, I'd eat there again in a heart beat. Truly it turned around the morning. Cranky west coasters, you'd think I'd gotten them up at 6am! Oh wait, I guess I did (7am at any rate our time).

Scrooges turkey leg was just MASSIVE and he ate the whole thing. Said it was good. It looked good.

Of course the idea had been, skip breakfast at the cabin, have CS breakfast and CS lunch and then our TS dinner at 50's PTC. But with "breakfast" really turning into lunch, no one was hungry for more than a snack (or 2) so those CS credits remained unused. My only bummer about the non bfast CS option is I'd wanted 2 drinks, another coffee as well as my OJ. Thank goodness for the cabin and making our own coffee every day!

For snacks we got...nothing super interesting
  • Cart by the Indiana Jones: Frozen Lemonades, and soft serve ice creams
  • Cart by Beauty and the Beast: Popcorn and a Soda
  • Anaheim Produce: Powerade
DHS did a GREAT job of having that DDP snack symbol up, it was nice to finally really "see" it.

Scrooge and Steven were gone for a chunk of the day checking out the Richard Petty Driving experience (watching). Upon their return, after dealing with a REALLY crowded park (we'd just done shows the whole time, no actual ride but we'd had a lot of fun) we both wanted a beer. Everywhere we went people were carrying a beer (it was pretty warm out but had a nice breeze) and it looked so good. But...everywhere we looked it was...Bud. Bud Light.

Not our style.

We headed over to the Indiana Jones show and I popped into the "lounge" for 50's PTC. What a great selection of beers! About 4 on tap but then also a gluten free option and an organic option. Who knew! 2 drafts of Yuengling later to take into the stunt show and all was well. While it may be the oldest brewery in the US, as NW beer snobs we'd never had it before (though the name rang a bell). It was a lager but had such wonderful full flavor and hops it beats most I've ever had (which are a bit wimpy for us hop heads). Refreshing! The lounge was adorable and pretty busy for late afternoon but I was acknowledged right away by the bartender and served quickly after he nicely answered my beer questions. We were eating there later that night so it was wonderful to get such a good vibe already!

I apologize for the lack of pictures (apparently I was SO busy taking show pictures...the American Idol police will bust me) I forgot about the food but trust me, those sandwiches were good! We'd see the same sandwiches later on the trip and these beat them, hands down!

Next....50's PTC With Pictures! (I promise!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter