Would you skip Disney?

I can't imagine skipping all of Disney just to see one section of one park.

They call it Harry Potter World and I've seen articles talking about it like it's a "Harry Potter Theme Park".
But reality is it's just one section of one park with 1 new ride and a bunch of stores.

Sorry no way you could get me to skip Disney for that.

Someday in like 2 years once it's just another ride like the rest of IoA, and the crowds have moved on...you might get me to visit.

I have to agree with this quote.
I've been to Universal several times and I have enjoyed all my visits. But, Disney is just more my style.
So, I couldn't possibly survive a trip to Florida without going to Disney. I can barely make it through a "resort" day on our WDW trips! In fact, I don't recall if I ever have... even if it was just a pop into MK for a couple hours in the evening.
Good luck!

I suspect that Universal is going to be crazy crowded this year. That said, I'm sure you could have a great time if you stay on-site at Universal. But I also agree that I would absolutely have to do both parks.

Could you consider an off-site house or hotel for your Disney portion? That could save you some money - like maybe the Buena Vista Suite deal for $88 or the Vistana deal for &99? You might be able to save a few dollars here and there to make both affordable.

There have been good deals on Universal tickets in the past, don't know if they'll have that once HP is open, but you can always try. Last year, the $99 both parks, 7 day pass was a phenomenal deal.

This thread isn't about WDW theme parks attractions and strategies, but since the OP is asking for advice from Disney fans, I've moved the thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

This thread has made me feel so much better! I thought that I was a Disney addict but now I know that I'm not because I can go to Orlando and not feel that I can't pull myself away from the mouse.

No way my kids would agree to skipping WDW. We enjoy Universal, as well as Sea World every visit. Due to $$$ this year we will need to cut out one and Universal got the ax.

DH and I are both coaster junkies-Orlando trips prior to the kids only involved Universal. We have grow very attached with Disney but I know that the day is coming (once they hit the height requirement) to go to universal. I know it will be strange but as with anything the reward will be watching them enjoy it.

This thread has made me feel so much better! I thought that I was a Disney addict but now I know that I'm not because I can go to Orlando and not feel that I can't pull myself away from the mouse.

You say that like it's a bad thing....lol :rotfl:

When we go, we do either Disney or Universal, but not both. That is usually because you can get some kind of "5 days for the cost of 2" tickets from Universal.

When we go, we do either Disney or Universal, but not both. That is usually because you can get some kind of "5 days for the cost of 2" tickets from Universal.

Exactly, longer stay turns cheaper then couple days here and couple days there. Moreover, Universal runs promotion for hotels, if we stay 5 or more days it turns around $160+tax a night, otherwise $280 a night. Staying on property is essential, since Express Pass costs $50 during July per person, per day and there are 3 of us, meaning $150 only for EP. It is also not real to go there without a pass since Universal will be packed this summer. I still running numbers, considering off sites for Disney but then I will face transportation issue. Bottom line 2 parks at once is very expensive no matter which park is a base and which one is just a couple days fast fix. I do not know how to work it.

We were hoping Harry Potter was going to be open in a few weeks when we go down for our Disney trip, but sadly it is not. So now my 9 year-old Harry Potter Fan (BIG FAN!) is asking when can we go back? Our plan is to go for a long weekend in the Fall, stay at Disney on points (we own DVC) and most likely skip the Disney parks. I don't know how we will do it b/c it will absolutely KILL me to be there and not do Disney... hopefully we can eat at a few resorts and go to Downtown Disney to make me feel better. I do forsee us in the future going to Universal a bit more (we have never been). Guess we will have to pay for both! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter