Would you skip Disney?

KellyNY

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Every year we go to Disney. Couple times(years ago) we also included Universal. We love both parks but it is way too expensive to do both. This year we wanted to see Harry Potter World but again, way too expensive. Logically, we should do Universal only, for once. However, I am not sure if I can possibly be at Orlando and not to go to Disney. I know we would have lots of fun at Universal hotels and parks and possibly can fill out 7 days with something to do but my heart says it is not possible. Did any Disney lover ever skipped Disney being in Orlando? Please share your stories.

Thanks

To Moderators,
Please do not move it to Universal board, I want suggestions of those who preffer Disney over Universal.
Thanks

Man that is a tough one. Personally, no we havn't and I couldn't. I once did off site in Daytona, HATED IT, and only got to go to Disney 2 days and I was miserable the whole week knowing I was an hour and half or less from the parks.

:hug: Good luck with your decision.

We have done it LOTS of times.

I love the HRH Club Level. I love going to the front of the line. I love being able to walk into any restaurant and getting a table! Gasp!

We loved reserving a Cabana and spending a whole day at the pool. We filled our days ~ we took our time ~ we had LOTS of fun.

I would say 5 years in a row we chose Universal over Disney.

We also saw Bare Naked Ladies at the Hard Rock one night.

We switched back to Disney when the kids came on the scene as they can't ride everything (or much really) at Universal and IOA.

I looked forward to my Moose Juice in Suess Landing every trip.

I also enjoyed the boats from Hotel to the parks over buses. I loved how we most of the time were the only ones on the boats.

You can do it! We will do it again once the girls are old enough (tall enough) to ride all the thrill rides.

We've never been to Universal, but Harry Potter will get us there for certain. We'll just shorten our usual WDW trip by a day or two, and then add that time to go to universal, most liekly staying onsite over there as well.

Why would it be that much more expensive to do both theme parks if you stay the same length of time? The only difference will be park admission, right?

I've never gone to Orlando and not gone to WDW, but I have had trips that were mostly Uni and Sea World, with just a morning at Epcot.

Uni is a MUCH more relaxing trip than Disney. The hotels are nicer, the transportation is faster and prettier...the pace is easier. It's lots of fun without all the work and worry and having to be up early, etc.

I always try to hit WDW and Uni, but skipping one or the other here or there wouldn't kill me.

Man that is a tough one. Personally, no we havn't and I couldn't. I once did off site in Daytona, HATED IT, and only got to go to Disney 2 days and I was miserable the whole week knowing I was an hour and half or less from the parks.

:hug: Good luck with your decision.

Exactly, so close to Disney. I am afraid I will have a nervous break down and just move to Disney from Universal, paying double after all.

We always do Disney and Universal separately. Too much to do and too expensive (for us) to do both vacations in one trip.

When we visit Universal in the future, I will have no problem with it. There are wonderful aspects of a Universal vacation...the hotels are amazing! There are more thrill rides! Seeing the characters doesn't involve as much waiting around. And FOTL---priceless!:charac4:

Say hi to Hogwarts and enjoy your trip. Then come home and start planning your next Disney trip!

I bet you will have a super trip!

Kerri

We have done it LOTS of times.

I love the HRH Club Level. I love going to the front of the line. I love being able to walk into any restaurant and getting a table! Gasp!

We loved reserving a Cabana and spending a whole day at the pool. We filled our days ~ we took our time ~ we had LOTS of fun.

I would say 5 years in a row we chose Universal over Disney.

We also saw Bare Naked Ladies at the Hard Rock one night.

We switched back to Disney when the kids came on the scene as they can't ride everything (or much really) at Universal and IOA.

I looked forward to my Moose Juice in Suess Landing every trip.

I also enjoyed the boats from Hotel to the parks over buses. I loved how we most of the time were the only ones on the boats.

You can do it! We will do it again once the girls are old enough (tall enough) to ride all the thrill rides.

Were you able to fill 7 days because shorter does not make sence(we fly from NY) and I do not plan additional parks but will definitely spend a full day just in hotels, they allow pool hopping and those pools look very good.

We just always go away for 7 days.

We honeymooned there and it was awesome!

We did only go once a year and we go to Disney about 3-5 times.

:) Front of the line and no ADR's takes a LOT of stress out of traveling!

We have only been to Orlando on vacation without hitting WDW before we had children. In fact, we haven't been back to US since our first was born.

We will probably go to US next year (let the HP crowds die down a bit), but we will almost certainly do at least a few days at WDW while in town. I just can't imagine not doing so. :confused3

That was our plan for this year...Universal no Disney. Then the GAD promotion came out so we got our 1 day tickets to Disney.

Then it was announced that the grand opening for HP is right in the middle our week...so we are switching to all Disney and saving Universal for next year.

We just always go away for 7 days.

We honeymooned there and it was awesome!

We did only go once a year and we go to Disney about 3-5 times.

:) Front of the line and no ADR's takes a LOT of stress out of traveling!

Thanks. That is so true about front of the line. My DD is 17 and she might want to do all the trill rides (not me however, I am a big fat chiken :)).
I also always wanted to see Blue Men, have you seen them, are they good?

We've gone and skipped Disney and didn't miss it at all. Those vacations were very relaxing because of the FOTL privilege you have when staying onsite. This thread is kind of making me think of a quick Uni only trip in the Fall:idea:

We saw them here in Boston. I thought they were really good. But I was about 4 months pregnant (with DD1) and I worried the whole time that the loud music was hurting the baby somehow! LOL!!

This thread is kind of making me think of a quick Uni only trip in the Fall:idea:

Ditto!

Since DD is starting Kindergarten I don't think I can take her out in time for free dining. Soooo... since we are going to miss that maybe some Universal Action with a MNSSHP. :)

We saw them here in Boston. I thought they were really good. But I was about 4 months pregnant (with DD1) and I worried the whole time that the loud music was hurting the baby somehow! LOL!!

Then probably we will leave my mother at hotel, she hates loud music, LOL.

The bigest problem if I will decide to do Universal only will be to tell my mother. She is the biggest Disney fan and always comes with us to Disney. My DD is 17 and last year finally tried roller coaster at Six Flags, so she is ready for Universal. As for me, well, I do not know. It is so tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter