Would you boycott Hall of Presidents, if a president you didn't like was elected?

Would you skip the HOP if you didn't like the new president?

• Yes

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • I skip this attraction anyway.

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters

Serrina89

Mouseketeer
Yesterday, it dawned on me, the presidential election decides which Animatronic gives the biggest speech at the Hall of Presidents. WITHOUT commenting on politics, naming candidates, or political parties, could this election potentially affect your decision to see the Hall of Presidents exhibit in Disney World?

In addition, does anyone know how long after the new president is elected, the show is changed?

I would still go. Certainly I don't agree with the policies of many of the presidents in the hall. The show focuses on the positive though, and while many presidents weren't perfect, they all did what they thought was best for the country. I can respect the achievement without agreeing with everything they said/did/believed, and I will still enjoy the show as a celebration of our democracy.

Even the worst presidents are still our leaders, elected by we the people. I may not like 50% of the guys up there, but I respect this country and the system and the flag. They are all great men for taking on the responsibility to do what they think is right for us, even if I don't agree with everything they do.

My guess is that since our current president and the most recent preceding president are from opposing political parties, most people visiting the attraction are seeing a president they don't like (or at the very least, didn't vote for). It doesn't stop me from seeing the show - one of the great perks of living in this country is the ability to choose our own leaders and I understand that means I may not like the chosen leader. I do have to wonder if potential candidates are notified ahead of time that it is an official presidential duty to record a script for the Hall of Presidents. ;)

I'm a dual citizen, Canadian and American.

I personally feel that "boycotting" the Hall of Presidents because it contains a president you didn't like would be incredibly immature. Skip the show if you find it boring, sure! But boycotting it because you don't like the person who is currently leading your country is essentially the same as saying: "If I don't like this aspect of my own history, I'll just close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears, and pretend it doesn't exist." "LA la la... I'm not even going to LISTEN to my President's icky voice!"

Going to see the performance isn't a show of support for the sitting president. It's a celebration of the history, character and people of the United States and of ALL of the men who've taken on the incredibly difficult task of leading it. Petty politicking and sour grapes have no place.

I'm a dual citizen, Canadian and American.

I personally feel that "boycotting" the Hall of Presidents because it contains a president you didn't like would be incredibly immature. Skip the show if you find it boring, sure! But boycotting it because you don't like the person who is currently leading your country is essentially the same as saying: "If I don't like this aspect of my own history, I'll just close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears, and pretend it doesn't exist." "LA la la... I'm not even going to LISTEN to my President's icky voice!"

Going to see the performance isn't a show of support for the sitting president. It's a celebration of the history, character and people of the United States and of ALL of the men who've taken on the incredibly difficult task of leading it. Petty politicking and sour grapes have no place.

Well said!

Yes, I would and yes, I did. I would go once and that would be it for me until the show changed with a new President. What I find incredibly immature and disrespectful is when people feel the need to say something or boo/cheer their favorites once the show makes it to modern times. I remember a few years ago someone thought it was hi-lar-ious to shout out "you lie!" :rolleyes:.

I think many people simply don't go because of the Presidents, but I don't know if they really "boycott" the attraction. While similar, they're also kind of different. Boycotting, IMO, means you're trying to send a message and have others follow suit with an overall objective in mind.

I don't like the Stich ride, but I don't "boycott" it. Though if I did maybe they'd finally replace it...;)

Yes, I would and yes, I did. I would go once and that would be it for me until the show changed with a new President. What I find incredibly immature and disrespectful is when people feel the need to say something or boo/cheer their favorites once the show makes it to modern times. I remember a few years ago someone thought it was hi-lar-ious to shout out "you lie!" :rolleyes:.

My son started to say something when he was 11. I shut him down firmly and explained afterward that he was a guest in the country and if I heard so much as a peep out him during any of the patriotic shows, there'd be consequences. My mum raised me to show respect, even when I have an opinion, and I made sure my kids got the same message.

That said, we usually go at least once a trip (we have APs) and I can't recall ever hearing anyone boo/cheer (other than the one time my son attempted it). Mostly people sit in respectful silence, with the occasional gentle snore. ;) There's generally some clapping at the end... but heck, we clap for Soarin', too!

This thought would never even occur to me. HoP is a fantastic, classic Disney attraction. Who the current president happens to be, and what I think of him (or her), would never have any impact on my decision to enjoy the show.

Nope. I enjoy going. I may not pay attention to the current president's speech but I'll always be respectful. I can always hope I like the next president better.

No. It's an animatronic .... it's not a political rally. Not going for that specific reason is .... looking for a nice word. Oh well, can't find one. We could probably point to all different Presidents up there and find something offensive about them. I see no reason to boycott an attraction at a theme park.

Besides, it's comfy seats, dry and A/C and even if you care nothing about it, a great resting spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter